Orb of Fusing - How does it work?

Spent 2600 Fusings on a 6 socket chest ... no 6 Link still. Rolled over like 30 5 links.

Linked some items before, some of them with 100 to 600 Fusings. All of them got the 6 link before getting 5 linked, because usually I spam fusings on items until they get 5 linked and start over with a new one.

So question is, whether someone else experienced something like that. I know exact chances for 6 link is a secret as well as how linking works in detail but somehow I am under the impression that items are either fully linked before they get 5 links (within < 1000 fus) or it is almost impossible to link the them.

Last bumped on Aug 7, 2016, 5:59:28 AM
Randomly.
The exact chance is 1/1250 or less. You are just unlucky. Though some have used 5000 before. Why dont you just use Vorici?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
The exact chance is 1/1250 or less. You are just unlucky. Though some have used 5000 before. Why dont you just use Vorici?
Can't do that now. He's due!
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
1/1250 would mean around 12.5% chance of not getting 6L in 2600

I think the chance is bit higher now due to item quality interaction
1/1100 would mean around 9.4% chance of not getting it in 2600

you are unlucky a bit
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 4, 2016, 3:27:09 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
you are unlucky a bit

More than one item 6L in 100-500 fusings and you say *un*lucky?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
you are unlucky a bit

More than one item 6L in 100-500 fusings and you say *un*lucky?

That's the part I find the funniest.

Guys I won the lottery 4 weeks in a row but then I didn't win for 2 weeks. What's going on? Am I cursed?

Meanwhile I'm sitting there with 1 manual 6 link ever in my history of PoE (couple thousands of fusings over different items and leagues).
I meant in that attempt but yeah you are right. And I have never manually 6Linked anything
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Quick note on the actual mechanics:

When you fuse an item, it starts with the top left socket and rolls a number between 1 and the number of remaining sockets the item has. The weightings for this are not known precisely (although they are all slightly more likely than Vorici's price to link that many sockets). However, they are always the same for any given number of sockets and the roll is 100% random every time, except that every 1% quality on the item makes you 1% more likely to hit max links (the exact influence of quality on other outcomes is unknown, to the best of my knowledge). That many sockets become linked. Then it moves to the next socket that wasn't affected by the previous roll and repeats. This continues until it runs out of sockets.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 4, 2016, 6:48:23 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Quick note on the actual mechanics:

When you fuse an item, it starts with the top left socket and rolls a number between 0 and the number of sockets the item has. The weightings for this are not known precisely (although they are all slightly more likely than Vorici's price to link that many sockets). However, they are always the same for any given number of sockets and the roll is 100% random every time, except that every 1% quality on the item makes you 1% more likely to hit max links (the exact influence of quality on other outcomes is unknown, to the best of my knowledge). That many sockets become linked. Then it moves to the next socket that wasn't affected by the previous roll and repeats. This continues until it runs out of sockets.

So what number needs to be rolled to get the first fusing? A "1"? A "6"? Or perhaps a 1 on the first fusing; a 2 on the second, etc. and finally a 5 on the fifth?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info