Preliminary Performance Improvement Results

The most common means like 5% according to this, it's just TECHNICAL STUFF, nothing more.

So, 95% of POE users, do NOT use a gtx 970, which is logical.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 4, 2016, 6:55:23 AM
"
RieklinRideR wrote:
i don't see any improvements on my i7-720qm, maybe the problem is the frequency, low end cpu's even with quad core doesnt seem to be affected

yes, the i7-720qm is a low end 4 core cpu which simulates another 4 cores by multithreading. as the notebook processor can only either run one core at 2,8 Ghz or all cores at 1,6Ghz you're (probably) better off disabling multithreading. i think there would be an improvement when the cpu wouldn't lower it's freuency on multi core usage.

also, you didn't say wheter your notebook has a dedicated graphics card suitable for gaming. given the slow cpu it's highly unlikely and another (more important) limiting factor
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 4, 2016, 7:08:06 AM
"
Centurion90 wrote:
HOW do I try it out??

right click the link to path of exile on your desktop, choose properties and add --experimental-frame-optimizations at the end of the command line field, leaving a space so it looks like

"c:\poe\pathofexile.exe" --experimental-frame-optimizations

description is in the patch notes
"
vio wrote:
"
RieklinRideR wrote:
i don't see any improvements on my i7-720qm, maybe the problem is the frequency, low end cpu's even with quad core doesnt seem to be affected

the i7-720qm is a low end 4 core cpu which simulates another 4 cores by multithreading. as the notebook processor can only either run one core at 2,8 Ghz or all cores at 1,6Ghz you're better off disabling multithreading.

you also didn't say wheter your notebook has a dedicated graphics card suitable for gaming. given the slow cpu it's highly unlikely and another (more important) limiting factor

The gpu is 230m, but doesnt matter for what im saying.
If all cores work togheter there should be an improvement on every quad core, even if its 2-3 fps, i got 36 stable fps when idle on Imperial Gardens with and without optimization, and 24-26 with lot of enemies around.
Till now i was playing with 1 core right? how the hell is possible to have same fps on multicore?
Maybe doesnt work on steam version?
Last edited by RieklinRideR on Aug 4, 2016, 7:12:21 AM
"
RieklinRideR wrote:

If all cores work togheter there should be an improvements on every quad core, even if its 2-3 fps

i edited my post above:
i think there would be an improvement when the cpu wouldn't lower it's freuency on multi core usage. it's a problem with most cpus and the reason multithreading so often doesn't pay out.

"
how the hell is possible to have same fps on multicore?
Maybe doesnt work on steam version?

Being GPU-limited does the trick. :)
So on my good old i3 540, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 7700 performance will be reduced?
I have i3-4150 3.50GHz so i wont get more fps?
I am sad due to the fact i have my crappy old computer with dual core.

But no so sad,because in the future it means game will run smoother in any other setup ill take,when time and money allows.

So,good job GGG :) Hope i could support you more.
Bye bye desync!
so performance improvement is for those who play without v-sync? lol hahaha!

cause i aint see nothing of improvement...its actually better without the command, more stable and also using the same 4 cores too. Neither working with 8 ! GG
Beta Member Since 2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info