Preliminary Performance Improvement Results

Anyone with GTX 1070 GPU and i5 6600K CPU , to check the differences for me :) i plan to buy new rig but still undecided :((
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Promising as these stats may look. I cannot shake the feeling that there may be some selection bias going on.

It seems like there's a good chance that the people that turn these options on are more likely to get better performance out of their hardware without the option as well. They are people that care more about performance and will already have put in more effort to optimise their set-up.
Its helping but still first 1-3 second when i join location may kill me hard cause fps down to 0.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Hi GGG,

I'm considering upgrading my rig, but can't decide on an AMD or Intel processor.. I know Intel boasts Hyper threading and in most cases outperforms AMD in most of the comparisons I've done. But Intel i5 and 7 also cost a lot more, where with AMD it's a case of more bang for your bucks.

I know multi threading is still work in progress, but can someone technical in ur team advise on which which processor would be better in the long run and whether or not hyper threading is really necessary to get the best performance from the multi-threading capabilities that will be officially implemented in 2.4.0?

GPU will be the MSI RX 480.

Thanks
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Quentz on Aug 4, 2016, 6:21:57 AM
So, in short, absolutely nothing was done for the low end PC population. Which would have benefited the most from optimization.

I'm waiting on the next patch so you can add more particle effects and clutter to my already badly running game.

Thanks GGG
Last edited by markvd on Aug 4, 2016, 6:24:30 AM
For me this multithreading switch DID make an improvment, just not where expected :)

anyone running with the --noasync command might want to try the multithreading switch..

*For me* Load speed is dramatically improved if you have the default preload disabled. id say the loadscreen time has gone from 4 seconds to ~1 second

Other than that i run with Vsync on anyway as running the game at 130-500 FPS just causes my graphic card fan to spool up and is a waste of power when the display is running 1900x1200 @ 60hz

Anyway from my perspective, great improvement in loadspeed = worth enabling the multi-threading.

Intel i7-3770K CPU @ 4.50GHz
32gb Ram
AMD/ATI Radeon 7970 Ghz edition 1425mem//1100mhz GPU (same GPU as 280x)
Samsung 850 EVO
i don't see any improvements on my i7-720qm, maybe the problem is the frequency, low end cpu's even with quad core doesnt seem to be affected
"
markvd wrote:
So, in short, absolutely nothing was done for the low end PC population. Which would have benefited the most from optimization.

they explicitely said that the multithreading improvement was targeting users with a good gpus but slow multicore cpus.

before they optimized their game for users with 32 Bit systems and low memory.

that more or less leaves the next optimizations for low end graphic cards, except the hint of "geforce970 being the most common card used" was meant as a hint that one shouldn't expect a good gaming experience without a mid class dedicated graphics card.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 4, 2016, 6:48:01 AM
Yesterday we deployed the 2.3.3 update which included an experimental new performance improvement that you can opt into

- This sounds great, but HOW do I try it out??
I feel completely retarded because noone else seem to have a problem with it but I cant find any option in-game nor any information anywhere on how I try this update out???

"
they explicitely said that the multithreading improvement was targeting users with a good gpus but slow multicore cpus.

Thanks for proving my point

"
before they optimized their game for users with 32 Bit systems and low memory.

HAHaHAHAhAhahahaHAH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info