Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance: Some Questions!

Hi,

i got some questions about the 3x counter-attack triggers?

1. Do Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance does have different CDs oder share one?
1b. If you have multiple setups of one and the same gems, does it work or not (because of the internal CD?)
2. Do Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance work against range attacks? (Will they hit the target if its out of weapon range?)
2b. Do they work with spell block? (Will they hit the target if its out of weapon range?)
3. Can you link two trigger gems together + four support gems in a 6L?
4. If you make a setup with say Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance + Dual Strike, can you still put a different Dual Strike in a different setup and use it, or does it mean that you can't use Dual Strike period?
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2017, 9:08:34 AM
ad 1. I'd say they have different,as often I've seen simultaneous strike from my Riposte and Reckoning.But that was over a year ago,let Vipermagi or other mechanics guru confirm this.

ad 2. They are activated,and strike in the direction of trigger (Riposte/Reckoning) or around you (Vengeance),hitting anything what is in range.So if you are in a middle of pack and archers are attacking you your counterattacks will strike melee enemies.
2b. same situation

ad 3. Yepp,I used Riposte + Reckoning + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Stun with good results.I see no obstacles why you couldn't use counterattacks in 6L setup.

ad 4. You can use as many different versions of active skills as many sockets you have.Of course,you'll need to bind them to different keys.
1. Cooldowns are shared on a per-Skill basis.
1b. Vengeance is not Reckoning, so they have separate cooldowns. Vengeance and Vengeance are the same, and will share a cooldown.

4. Putting Dual Strike in the same links as Counter Gems does nothing for Dual Strike.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 3, 2016, 9:49:17 AM
"
willeke wrote:
4. If you make a setup with say Reckoning, Riposte, and Vengeance + Dual Strike, can you still put a different Dual Strike in a different setup and use it, or does it mean that you can't use Dual Strike period?

This makes it sound like you think Vengeance et al. works like CWDT, where you need to link another active skill to them which they will trigger. That is not the case: Vengeance, Reckoning and Riposte are their own attacks, they work without any other links.

That said, the answers to your questions are:

1. Cooldown is per-skill. A Reckoning gem can trigger just after Vengeance has triggered, but another Vengeance gem can't.
1b. Won't work, see above. I think there's a well-defined order in which trigger gems are triggered, roughly going helm-chest-gloves-boots, but I'm not sure.

2. Nothing in their wording prevents them from triggering via ranged hits, so they do. Whether they will actually hit something depends on how far away the enemies are and how much AoE you're stacking.
2b. Again, the wording doesn't specify blocking attacks, so yes, blocking spells can trigger them too. It may be worth noting here that blocking a hit still counts as being hit, for the purposes of trigering on-hit effects (like Vengeance).

3. Yes, and the 4 supports will apply to both trigger gems.

4. You get a separate instance of the skill for each skill gem you have equipped.
Thanks for the help. Yes I really thought it was like CWDT where you have to link it to something.
Faster attacks will allow them to have a lower cool down, so you could link them with that if you like.
They don't work when linked with multi-strike.
The skills are based on weapon range, so if you would like more range... Two handed axes and thrusting one handed melee have the most. You can also add range with the passive node 'Master of the Arena' and there are some unique items that provide extra weapon range as well.

Depending on the type of character you have created, I've seen that Life Leech and Mana Leech worked pretty well when linked with the the trigger gems.
"
Noobiyus wrote:
Faster attacks will allow them to have a lower cool down, so you could link them with that if you like.
The skills are based on weapon range, so if you would like more range... [..]

Cooldown recovery speed and Attack Speed are two distinctly separate factors, actually.
Riposte is single-target and Reckoning is a cone AoE - only Vengeance scales on weapon range.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 4, 2016, 6:23:41 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Noobiyus wrote:
The skills are based on weapon range, so if you would like more range... [..]

Cooldown recovery speed and Attack Speed are two distinctly separate factors, actually.
Riposte is single-target and Reckoning is a cone AoE - only Vengeance scales on weapon range.

That's the DOTA in me talking, I'm just saying that faster attacks will allow the skills riposte, reckoning and vengeance to trigger faster.
Do trigger gems (Reckoning, Riposte, Vengance) work with Fortify? I have them linked, but I never see Fortify buff.
Is it a bug, or triggers are not supposed to activate Fortify?

@below

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the answer though.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Sep 9, 2016, 7:43:14 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
Is it a bug, or triggers are not suppose to activate Fortify?

Exactly, it's intended.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info