So uh...I just found the most broken CoC build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zt7J0wep0U

Though kinda old.

Damn, Sire of Shards is op.

But seriously. Can you "shotgun" with SoS? If I have an enemy up against a wall, could two or more projectiles damage them?
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 1:58:51 PM
It works the same as any other multiple Projectile setup. Freezing Pulse won't, Arctic Breath/Fireball can land multiple hits due to their AoE on expiry, that kinda stuff.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It works the same as any other multiple Projectile setup. Freezing Pulse won't, Arctic Breath/Fireball can land multiple hits due to their AoE on expiry, that kinda stuff.

Ok, I figured SoS wouldn't. Not very worthwhile anyways.
No. Except in VERY specific cases, the rule is ONE CAST, ONE DAMAGE. Period. No matter what you cast IN it, you will only damage one monster once. There are rare times where this is not true, but they are very few and not really worthwhile.

- Sheepster
Drat. Viper out did me. XD

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
No. Except in VERY specific cases, the rule is ONE CAST, ONE DAMAGE. Period. No matter what you cast IN it, you will only damage one monster once. There are rare times where this is not true, but they are very few and not really worthwhile.

I'm very well aware of this. Hence why I worded it as I did.

For instance, if you assume this, Tornado Shot shouldn't hit each target more than once, ever. Yet because of how the explosions are calculated, the skill can technically hit more than once per skill use.
Many skills can hit more than once per skill use. Obviously channeled skills can, and there are many attacks that can too. If you're just talking about non-channeled spells, then any spell with spell echo can hit at least twice.

If you're talking about triggered spells only (eg: for CoC), then the spells that can hit more than once include fireball and arctic breath explosions (like Vipermagi said), Ball lightning, bladefall, blade vortex, arc, magma orb, glacial cascade and shock nova.

For sire of shards, ball lightning and magma orb would be the only noteworthy ones. Ball lightning won't allow more than one hit every 200ms though, and magma orb can't overlap explosions from different projectiles. :(
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 31, 2016, 10:43:58 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Many skills can hit more than once per skill use. Obviously channeled skills can, and there are many attacks that can too. If you're just talking about non-channeled spells, then any spell with spell echo can hit at least twice.

If you're talking about triggered spells only (eg: for CoC), then the spells that can hit more than once include fireball and arctic breath explosions (like Vipermagi said), Ball lightning, bladefall, blade vortex, arc, magma orb, glacial cascade and shock nova.

For sire of shards, ball lightning and magma orb would be the only noteworthy ones. Ball lightning won't allow more than one hit every 200ms though, and magma orb can't overlap explosions from different projectiles. :(

I'm well aware. I was just hoping because, without shotgunning, I just don't see the point of SoS besides trash clearing.
Try it with molten strike ;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
So uh...I just found the most broken CoC build

so you made normal coc build? Kappa
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info