So uh...I just found the most broken CoC build

"
Natharias wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zt7J0wep0U

Broken? The dps is pathetic and it will lag the shit out of many computers whenever you play in a group with this crap build. 1/10
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:

Broken? The dps is pathetic and it will lag the shit out of many computers whenever you play in a group with this crap build. 1/10

but isn't that the precise definition of "broken"?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Sorry you have a shitty system. But that doesn't stop one from viewing the video.

Speaking of which, the video proves you wrong.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Sorry you have a shitty system. But that doesn't stop one from viewing the video.

How exactly does it prove him wrong?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

"
666lol666 wrote:

The build clears just as quickly as many other builds and doesn't die.

If a build were crappy, it would either clear slowly, not at all, or die now and then regardless of how well the player controls the character.

Since none of those are true, he is wrong.
ah, I thought you meant that sentence about lags in group
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Natharias wrote:
I'm well aware. I was just hoping because, without shotgunning, I just don't see the point of SoS besides trash clearing.

that sums up almost all CoC builds. trash clearing. wheeee look at the sparkles!
"
Natharias wrote:
"
silumit wrote:

"
666lol666 wrote:

The build clears just as quickly as many other builds and doesn't die.

If a build were crappy, it would either clear slowly, not at all, or die now and then regardless of how well the player controls the character.

Since none of those are true, he is wrong.

It has decent clearspeed (still lower than any "great" build. He has to use several spectral throws to get the clears he wants. You can literally watch white monsters' health tick down in the video, they don't actually melt instantly. A great clearspeed build would fire spectral throw exactly twice [since if you only do it once you have a chance of missing or not critting] and the resulting CoCs would melt the monsters _as_ you whirling-blades-the-fuck-outta-there. Whereas with reach tornado shot I fire one or two volleys and off-screen whole packs in half the time he shows).

It does _not_ have good DPS.

The video is of him clearing trash. He even admits during the video that "single target is a bit of an issue". A high-DPS build necessarily has no problem with single target.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 2, 2016, 9:52:21 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
I'm well aware. I was just hoping because, without shotgunning, I just don't see the point of SoS besides trash clearing.

that sums up almost all CoC builds. trash clearing. wheeee look at the sparkles!

CoC builds aren't about trash clearing.

There are plenty with average gear that reach millions of DPS.

"
It has decent clearspeed (still lower than any "great" build. He has to use several spectral throws to get the clears he wants. You can literally watch white monsters' health tick down in the video, they don't actually melt instantly. A great clearspeed build would fire spectral throw exactly twice [since if you only do it once you have a chance of missing or not critting] and the resulting CoCs would melt the monsters _as_ you whirling-blades-the-fuck-outta-there. Whereas with reach tornado shot I fire one or two volleys and off-screen whole packs in half the time he shows).

It does _not_ have good DPS.

The video is of him clearing trash. He even admits during the video that "single target is a bit of an issue". A high-DPS build necessarily has no problem with single target.

[Removed by Support]

There are facts and there are perspectives. From a rich player's perspective, a build with 10k DPS is bad. But the fact is, the DPS is not bad. The rich player simply doesn't like it. Sure, 10k can be improved, but from a poor player's perspective, 10k DPS is amazing because they never got a tooltip that high before. Reaching 15k, 20k, and other intervals is exhilarating for them.

The fact is, 10k DPS can kill Izaro in under five minutes. That's "good". From your rich perspective, it might be horrible.

But it's not my problem you expect to kill the boss in five seconds as opposed to fifty seconds or five minutes. So don't bring it here.

The same goes for just about everyone who uploads videos. They have money and higher expectations. That's why I never trust what they say. They'll say something sucks when it doesn't. Here is a prime example of why I hate the elite:

Video. Should start at 14:03. "New meta going around, players going overboard with their mobility skills." He then proceeds to explain he's using a whole four-link for his mobility and he so wonderfully shows how little he knows about this game. Enhance applying to support gems? No, it does not.

Oh, and he uses Culling Strike for his Leap Slam. He has ten times my DPS and clear speed yet is wasting a socket.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Aug 2, 2016, 11:46:07 AM
You call me "rich", but I don't spend time flipping or anything of the sort. I only sell my drops. And I play leagues, so it's not like I've had an obscenely long time to collect my prophecy items, either.

To take 5 minutes to kill Izaro... what? I took about 40 seconds to kill each phase of uber izaro with my first character this league, which was a cheap-as-fuck (I literally only spent 5c) triple-curse RF totem character. That was nothing compared to my reach TS build.

I never advocated for Oro's flicker strike, and the fact that this one dude has no idea how enhance works is irrelevant to me.

You introduced this topic as "the most broken CoC build". But the most basic fakener discharge builds are simply way better.

It's also really cute how you present your opinions as "facts". There are no "facts" when it comes to "good" or "bad" DPS. There are only facts when it comes to "better" or "worse" DPS. And the fact is, this build has worse DPS than any of my 3 builds this league (but better clear speed than 2 of them), and waaaaaay worse DPS than my current build (and also slightly worse clear speed).
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 2, 2016, 2:01:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info