Wearing out the items and the repairing - bring more fun in the game

I basically would love to see the items going worn out, but not permanently.
They should have be repaired by a smiting skills which the players additionally should be able to stack.
In the player's HO there should be an additional bench for smiting.
The process of the repairing itself shall took an item which is the base item of the repaired item, and some minor currency + the currency related to the type of the item - armor or weapon.

Enjoy. ;)
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 2:45:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No get that outdated mechanic out of here.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 28, 2016, 3:26:16 AM
I can't find the original quote from a dev but way back in the original closed beta the answer was along the lines that they think "wear and tear" is a, very politely speaking, unnecessary and not actually contributing to anything mechanic they don't want to burden the player with. :-D
I haven't seen anything that would indicate they've changed their mind.
Why does people want to bring that stupid idea back ?
It dose not really add anything other than a way to eat your currency...thats all, and as such the best answer i can give is

NO!
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
That's a weird definition of "fun".
Well, maybe for some people...
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Basically you want to add something useless that would annoy everybody, great idea
Make equipmet degrade with no repairs possible. Use XP just as gem levelling does and have stats degrade so that really great items become pretty good, half decent, sorta trasb, and evemtually complety useless if you choose to hang onto it that long. Say like the XP required to turn a great item to half decent would be roughly the same a taking a level 1 gem to level 20.

On the other side of this coin though, make equipment about 10 times easier to get. So everyone would have a reasonable shot at getting really nice gear. Cheap hand-me-downs from top players would become a thing, and legacy and old mirrored gear would eventually be purged from the game. With the gear being temporary like this, crafting could also be made much cheaper and more accessable for everyone.
A WITCH! KILL IT WITH FIRE !

seriously op, no... just no. nooooooo. to your idea the world ses no
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 28, 2016, 8:18:40 AM
I cannot remember a single case of item durability actually being fun to deal with...just a way to limit how long a player can actually be strong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info