Tornado shot +1 chain vs +1 projectile

Tornado Shot mechaic description is clear.
Mechaic of game is that if something price it can not chain and as TS have 100% chance to pirce with inicial attack it cannot ever chain.

Each arrow create 3 Subprojectile, only one of Subprojectil can do damage to same target.
So best scaling is by using more separate arrow projectiles.

In theory more arrow better the chance for multiple Subprojectil of difrent arrow to hit target.
In practice single target damage with to many arrows can only be focused by shoting in your own feet standing on top of target. Its becouse arrow spread with distance and arrow number and reduce chance of multiple hits hapening.

Including +1 arrow quiver or from ascendancy ther are some sweet points, for cleer with GMP for example and LMP for single target.
In my observation unles you face tank single target i finde 4 arrow good for single target and 5-6 is noticable better for cleering.

TS is a skill that need positioning for maximum effect, unles you plan to face tank for cleering trash its some time wort considering alternative solution like Lightning Arrow.

TS is sensitive in my opinion on arrow speed where LA secondary effect is so imidiate and cant miss.

For example i use two bows, one is main for TS and other one i use for reflect maps and high density and small space maps.

Insted of rarity gem ther should be Frost wall gem tho. xD
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jul 27, 2016, 9:01:41 PM
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Mechaic of game is that if something price it can not chain and as TS have 100% chance to pirce with inicial attack it cannot ever chain.

Each arrow create 3 Subprojectile, only one of Subprojectil can do damage to same target.

In theory more arrow better the chance for multiple Subprojectil of difrent arrow to hit target.
In practice single target damage with to many arrows can only be focused by shoting in your own feet standing on top of target. Its becouse arrow spread with distance and arrow number and reduce chance of multiple hits hapening.

Including +1 arrow quiver or from ascendancy ther are some sweet points, for cleer with GMP for example and LMP for single target.
In my observation unles you face tank single target i finde 4 arrow good for single target and 5-6 is noticable better for cleering.

TS is a skill that need positioning for maximum effect, unles you plan to face tank for cleering trash its some time wort considering alternative solution like Lightning Arrow.

TS is sensitive in my opinion on arrow speed where LA secondary effect is so imidiate and cant miss.

For example i use two bows, one is main for TS and other one i use for reflect maps and high density and small space maps.

Holy crap, how does death's opus compare to reach of the council on a crit bow build?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Well for the way i scaled damage is better, mostly becouse i get most from my crit as posible. I get most of it from poision and puncture trap is there for strong single target bleed along with masive ower kill with lightning trap and vulrnability.

Generaly from what i notice in game Reech is not bad but its difrent story for me as i made this specificly for Opus becouse i have not hoped to get Reach in frst place.
After some gufing i decided Opus is way better for me and thers litle reson to change things just to use Reach.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

It can chain back to the original target, but only after 2 further chains. So you need chain +3 to get a single projectile to hit the same enemy twice.

Just tested with Chain gem + Roth's Reach: I have been unable to see any indiction that it chains back to the first target.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:

However, other projectiles from the attack can each hit different enemies. For eg, if there are 3 targets, and you use LMP to hit one target with each projectile, then each enemy will end up getting hit 3 times (one initial hit, plus one chain from each of the other projectiles).

Do you have a reference for that or did you actually test this? I tested it (in Perandus or Talisman with 2 targets) and it did not work like that.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
allforone999 wrote:
When the enemies can be chained with each other,

What do you mean with this? I have tested chain (from Ascendancy) and was completely unable to get multiple hits on one target with one attack. Related test with chain gem: It never chains back to the first target.

Chain each other doesn’t mean chain back. Lets say 2 projectiles P1 and P2, and 2 targets T1 and T2.
Without chain: P1->T1, P2->T2
With +1 chain: P1->T1->T2, P2->T2->T1

The damage doubled on each target.
The P1 and P2 above are the sub projectile of the tornado shot, I know the mechanics above doesn't apply to other projectile skill.
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:

The tornado shot description doesn’t say anything about pierce. In fact the baseline arrow is a target based projectile instead of target based projectile, so it seems 100% pierce. However the baseline arrow doesn’t have damage at all. When it comes to the sub projectiles, those ones work the same as regular projectile.
Last edited by allforone999 on Jul 28, 2016, 12:03:20 PM
"
allforone999 wrote:

The tornado shot description doesn’t say anything about pierce. In fact the baseline arrow is a target based projectile instead of target based projectile, so it seems 100% pierce. However the baseline arrow doesn’t have damage at all. When it comes to the sub projectiles, those ones work the same as regular projectile.

"Fires a piercing shot that travels until it reaches the targeted location. It will then fire projectiles out in all directions from that point."

That is the description on the gem. The first arrow does damage, and has 100% pierce. Once it arrives to its destination it divides into 3 subprojectiles, these subprojectiles work as normal arrows.
Should be easy enough to test since chain has a very obvious visual.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
allforone999 wrote:

Chain each other doesn’t mean chain back. Lets say 2 projectiles P1 and P2, and 2 targets T1 and T2.
Without chain: P1->T1, P2->T2
With +1 chain: P1->T1->T2, P2->T2->T1

The damage doubled on each target.
The P1 and P2 above are the sub projectile of the tornado shot, I know the mechanics above doesn't apply to other projectile skill.

Ok thanks for clarification. Did not formally test with TS and do not know which shotgunning rules apply to it in which manner. I did play with Deadeye TS (with chain ascendancy) though and the increase in damage was notable but not enormous.

"
Nephalim wrote:

Unfortunately visuals are unreliable. One thing I learned from early testing is that the visuals cannot be trusted. Only monster health going down (or not) is reliable.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Nephalim wrote:

I checked the gem description and wiki, don’t see anyhow the base shot deals damage. In fact the baseline arrow explode itself only once when it arrives the destination, and never explode before that, no matter how many targets it pierced through. So technically the baseline arrow doesn’t even contact anything. Even if the baseline shot deals damage, it still doesn’t matter about using chain. The chain will affect the sub projectiles, that’s how the damage boosts.
Last edited by allforone999 on Jul 28, 2016, 1:41:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info