GhazzyTV - Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [AWAKENER FARMABLE]

can this build be used for league starter, like in 3.3?
"
Beorc wrote:
I really liked this build I am having a blast playing it in the flashback. Here is my gear

Spell Echo is out because before I logged off last night I was summoning new spectres.

Other than leveling some more (currently 78) I think my next goal is to get quality gems and a new helmet. I've never played a summoner and was wondering what my priorities should be when getting quality gems.

Thanks for the great guide!

Hey,

Thank you bro!

Gear looks solid!
Priority would be to get quality on the dmg support gems to your spectres & skellies but most importantly get the quality for the skellies. (Don't quality the spectre gem).

"
baracool wrote:
Hi, i've been playing this build since league start and i'm loving it.

I would like to know what can i do to improve the dps of my skeletons and to improve my survivability.

Also what is the reasoning behind keeping/switching out of necromantic aegis?

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying it!
The reason for me to switch out of NA is to be able to wear a rare shield with high life & resistances which makes the rest of my gearing cheaper and provide better effective HP, this was decided for the sake of hardcore but obvisouly drops your clear speed a little bit.

Skeleton DPS can be improved by getting a 21/20 gem as well as putting quality on the support gems to it as well of course.
Outside of that I would probably look into getting a Vis Mortis as that additional spectre grants a much smoother map clearing speed as well as extra boss dps (not that it's needed).

"
atmosphere01 wrote:
I just recently got an elder helm with a lv16 immolate and lvl 18 minion damage. Would it be better to run Spectres with GMP/Echo/controlled destruction to keep ignites for the pseudo 6L, or would a 5L with gmp/echo/elmental focus amount to more damage?

Since ignite won't stack it would be about the same tbh but yeah I would use Controlled Destruction for now.

"
jackyng9182 wrote:
First of all, thanks for the build! I am enjoying it so far.

Something confuses me though, Why does the start of the guide and the Gem section say:
"
instead we are scaling this from our Ascendancy tree via aura stacking Commander of Darkness,
"
Aura:

- Generosity, Anger // Clarity lvl 1

Which both indicates that Commander of Darkness is supposed to be one of the Ascendancy choice but the actual Ascendancy section and the PoB profile show otherwise:
"
Ascendancy Nodes:

You're gonna want to start by picking up Invoker then it turns in to a matter of taste, you either pick up Soul Weaver to utilize spectres early on, or you take the Bone Sculptor node to utilize your skellies which is more recommended for the melee skelly approach imo.
Last node you'll pick up is the Mistress of Sacrifice to enhance your general clear speed.

both doesn't include Commander of Darkness

Should I pick Commander of Darkness over Mistress of sacrifice? I think you did the same on your updated vid?

Hey,

Aye, this can be slightly confusing. So to avoid the confusion to continue here's the explanation:

Basically, it's a matter of personal taste, MoS grants insane boost of your general clear speed / mobility. Whilst CoD grants easier gearing and more dmg from your minions in general.

"
murilomuka wrote:
Been really liking this build so far, first time using skellies, but used Spectres in Abyss and felt really good.

Right now I'm using Arc linked with Curse on Hit + Vulnerability. Do you think it is even worth it? I feel I would murder everything without it anyway, but not sure though.

The EE / Curse on Hit is just there for extra DPS vs super tough enemies, like red beasts, end-game bosses, super hard rolled map rare packs etc etc.

"
BeautifuIRain wrote:
Hey Ghazzy just wondering which you think was better right now? Mage skeletons vs Melee skeletons?

Personal taste, though looking at efficiency the melee skellies using Solar Guards is by far the most optimal approach for not just map clearing but also bossing. This is of course if you want a balanced approach.

"
michaelsinn wrote:
Its all about preferences.

For fast mapping mage skeletons are way better. I also added solar guards to mage build to be faster in maps.

But overall i find melee way better, especcialy in higher tier maps.

Get your helmet with minion damage, burning damage and b,b,b,g -> you can use it in both specs
besides tabula: Get your vis mortis for both specs

After this you can just swap the dead reckogning for normal gems when ever you want. So you can switch specs when ever you want.

Mage skellies + Solar Guards is the best you can do for general map clearing but boss killing will be hurt by that approach.

"
753924 wrote:
Hey, loving this build so far, easiest leveling I had. Just finished the story and am about to go in the third lab.

I noticed that in the beginning you write about the Commander of Darkness ascendancy, but later in the ascendancy nodes section you don't mention it.

That's my bad, it comes down to a matter of personal taste, you either take CoD or Mistress of Sacrifice :)

"
minhq8 wrote:
Hi Ghazzy i'm new to the game and for now i try to using your build for my first time, i have some question hope you could answer

in the Skill tree Tab you mention some skill Invoker but i can't find it any where in my skill tree!

and i'm just start to play today so i don't have the money to buy the Brightbeak, can i use something els ?

and the Dead Reckoning which is the Core of the build is it obtain through quest or Buy form order ?

and the Skeleton i summoned not following me can is there a skill to tell them to dot that ?

Welcome to the game!

Invoker is the first big "Ascendancy" node which you get from the first lab!
Any weapon with increased attack speed will increase the speed of your shield charge till you can afford a Brightbeak :)

I would highly recommend using Melee Skeletons and Solar Guards for a new player as the Mage skellies is a bit of a niche nice approach but also a lot more technical, and mechanically complex.

Also, there is sadly no way to make the skeletons follow you :( Sorry.

"
Ran this build for flashback event and it was quite fun. One problem i faced was trying to progress at the start of the league when i kind of got stuck or progressed too slowly at act 4/5 onwards. I only managed to quickly finish the acts on day 2 after getting my brightbeak and wraithlord which i only managed to buy given how easy it was to get a few chaos in this race.

Any tips to start the league off with necro?? Thanks!

My tip is to stick with SRS till you deal with Cruel Lab in which case you add spectres on top of your SRS approach and at a later lvl kill merc lab to get skeletons.
Another approach is to use SRS till 30+ and then use skeletons as soon as you get a 4L and then get Spectres added at Cruel Lab for the Soul Weaver ascendancy.

"
mogg_fanatico wrote:
Hi, in incursion i would like to play a build focused only on the warrior skeletons.

in path of building it is like this: https://pastebin.com/1fz34vBN

does anyone have advice to give me on how to improve it?

ps: sorry for my english XD

Hey,

I would personally not use the Queen's weapon anymore since shield charging with Brightbeak would be so much faster for clearing for you. This also goes together with using the Spectres for the help of clearing maps which will be faster than using melee skeletons for the clear itself.
Now, I'm not saying this is a bad build, it's actually very fun to play the build like that but it wouldn't be as effective or fast.

"
snefrukai wrote:
can this build be used for league starter, like in 3.3?

This build works very well using a Tabula Rasa even, so yes, it is absolutely a solid leaguestarter build!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Hey Ghazzy wanted to say thanks very much for the build guide(s) and streams. Killed uber elder with the spectre/skele combo but took a few sets to learn the fight. This build has more than enough dps to kill uber elder. I found it easier with solar guards than vanguards who would die occasionally. I changed the spec up after I achieved my goals to a baron 1k strength skele/Big Zombie build and enjoy it even more (killed uber elder with this 2) The key is getting an elder weapon (with good elder mods for skeles) that will allow you to shield charge/Whirling blade. Anyway hoped you might have a look at it, profile is public. Thanks again. I ran purity of ice and minion health for uber elder fight. Mapping build is equipped currently.

Last edited by Stottyboy on May 23, 2018, 11:25:57 AM
I've been playing around with a summoner in Flashback thinking of a build I want to go for in Incursion and have been kind of mishmashing a bunch of summoner guides and ideas. I've dug a lot out of this thread and ended up arriving at something pretty similar to this guide. I deleted red elder last night, felt pretty good, going to go for the guardians and Shaper before Flashback ends. Was wondering if any of the summoner experts here have any feedback/advice for me. Thanks!

T14 Map Clear

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/42MA0m9X

(I'm using Stygian Silverback and Host Chieftan specters, idk how to get them into PoB)

Last edited by Dyaven on May 23, 2018, 12:45:36 PM
Hi There,
I wanted to ask which links i should put into the baron? The Skeletons should go into a 5l or 6l, so there are Zombies/AG or Spectres to choose. Which is better?

Thank you for the Guide, having fun with it :)
Please, someone teachs me how to get baron and brightbeak plz TT__TT
"
Stottyboy wrote:

Hey Ghazzy wanted to say thanks very much for the build guide(s) and streams. Killed uber elder with the spectre/skele combo but took a few sets to learn the fight. This build has more than enough dps to kill uber elder. I found it easier with solar guards than vanguards who would die occasionally. I changed the spec up after I achieved my goals to a baron 1k strength skele/Big Zombie build and enjoy it even more (killed uber elder with this 2) The key is getting an elder weapon (with good elder mods for skeles) that will allow you to shield charge/Whirling blade. Anyway hoped you might have a look at it, profile is public. Thanks again. I ran purity of ice and minion health for uber elder fight. Mapping build is equipped currently.

Hey,

Gratulations! And awesome to hear that you've been kicking ass & taking names with the build :D

"
I've been playing around with a summoner in Flashback thinking of a build I want to go for in Incursion and have been kind of mishmashing a bunch of summoner guides and ideas. I've dug a lot out of this thread and ended up arriving at something pretty similar to this guide. I deleted red elder last night, felt pretty good, going to go for the guardians and Shaper before Flashback ends. Was wondering if any of the summoner experts here have any feedback/advice for me. Thanks!

T14 Map Clear

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/42MA0m9X

(I'm using Stygian Silverback and Host Chieftan specters, idk how to get them into PoB)

Hey,

Looks really solid, though my personal preference is to avoid Queen's Escape these days due to the extreme clear speed meta, but then again, each to their own right?

Thanks for sharing btw!

"
Kharaghar wrote:
Hi There,
I wanted to ask which links i should put into the baron? The Skeletons should go into a 5l or 6l, so there are Zombies/AG or Spectres to choose. Which is better?

Thank you for the Guide, having fun with it :)

Hey,

Preferably would be to put Zombies & AG in the helmet for the use of those extra lvls which barely affects spectres ^^

"
nnminh2313 wrote:
Please, someone teachs me how to get baron and brightbeak plz TT__TT

poe.trade
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I would suggest looking over if ruthless support is optimal skeletons. I was running ruthless myself, but some testing revealed that empower or something would be a better option. The PoB stats show the average damage and there ruthless is one of the best options, but I don't believe it's actually optimal.

Here's why:

"
Wiki wrote:
When supported by Multistrike Support, Ruthless blows work differently, instead of occurring every third hit, it occurs every third multistrike. This means hits from the first 2 uses (attacks 1 - 6) will be "normal blows" and all hits from the 3rd multi-strike use (attacks 7-9) will be ruthless blows.

I find myself re-summoning skeletons on target more then waiting for them to get to everything. This means in practical terms that skeletons get to hit the target maybe twice. This makes the third hit bonus worthless for anything except really fat targets that don't move much. This already limits the viability on many bosses where skele get wiped out by AoE before their second hit. Or boss jumps far enough that it makes sense to resummon and restart the hit counter on new skeletons.

I myself found empower to give best bang for buck since it also increases HP of skeletons and that can make a difference. Mine went from 4.5k to 6.1k and the average dps in PoB only dropped by 13%. And that last number is misleading because when I was running guardians to test I felt like I gained damage.

Physical to fire was also a high number in dps, but I think empower is better because of HP.
Will this build become way stronger in 3.3.0?

Bcs now you can equip "Vaal Summon Skeleton" and have both 6 link due to the new, reworked Vall gem mechanic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info