GhazzyTV - Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [AWAKENER FARMABLE]

I am playing around with Queen's Escape and really enjoying the minion speed increase. I was wondering if there was any movement skill that you could use with as its really slow walking around the zones. I love fantasizing about speedy minions lol but I am really missing shield charge to move around.
I play something very similar to this BUT,
"
They will require you to use 2x of the Dead Reckoning Jewel also make sure that the "max" ammount of skeletons you can summon is no more than 9 this way you will always get 9 mage skeletons on the field as if you have 10 skeletons and can have up to 10 mages the next time you summon it will act as it trying to summon the 11th unavailable skelly which will be a melee one and replace the oldest mage skelly which results in you only having 9 mage skellies either way.

is no longer true you can summon 10 mages every time with the new ascendancy and the use of From Dust jewel, I am currently using this to level once I gear and can afford to color a baron I will play around with the cost of brawn vs the from dust but being able to spawn all 10 with echo at once on a target is quite nice. I am fairly new to the game so I can be wrong I have played off and on awhile but only delve deep into the game last league so forgive my ignorance if I am being dumb. Thanks!
Two questions:

Why does the skele warrior variant show Vanguards as the chosen Specter in PoB? Shouldn't it be Solar Guards to help with clear speed cuz Skele Warriors are good at single target?

And do Specters/Zmobies/Skeletons NEED Necromantic Agis?
"

This is because of Victario's Charity. With that shiels, all your minions have Power and Frenzy charges.
Do we really don't need any resistances and only work toward strength and life? How does this works with high tier maps?
Do you recomend in High End the Scourge?
"
bullmastif wrote:
Do we really don't need any resistances and only work toward strength and life? How does this works with high tier maps?

Absolutely not, no. There is no build that runs around mapping, not resist capped.

I'm not sure why my question isn't getting asnwered but ya....the recommended gear is highly impossible. You need high high resists on both rings, and a heavy belt? (or Stygian of course) with resists to be able to use Ulrr boots, and you can't use Bisco's Leash. The answer is, don't strength stack with jewels, and get resists on jewels, or use a heavy belt instead of Biscos Leash.

No offence to the OP but the build guide needs work, and the PoB link for Skele Warriors shows the wrong colors, links, and type of Specters. The build guide mentions both skele warriors and skele mages, but glazes over warriors, and the video is all about mages and doesn't address warriors.

"
ComMcNeil wrote:
"

This is because of Victario's Charity. With that shiels, all your minions have Power and Frenzy charges.

I'm aware of what the shield does :P. I was asking from a min/maxing, do your specters or zombies need it to survive high tier fights/ Guardians etc point of view, is it necessary. And also is it needed for damage scaling or is it too good.

taking Necro Aigis severely hurts your survivability is why I ask. Also it's a LOT of travel points ( six I think?), all 100% wasted on energy shield and intel.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 5, 2018, 11:49:13 AM
Hey guys,

Big note here:

I updated all build guides 1-2 days before release sadly there were a few things that got overlooked in 2 of the guides, this is one of them. I will upload a new PoB for melee skellies to fix a few fundamental details in it. For those who don't know, I'm the content creator with the most build guide threads up on the forums, I try my best to maintain a high quality on each and every thread! If you see any misstakes let me know asap and I will get to it as soon as I can!

Sadly, I'm not a fulltime streamer so I usually go through youtube comments ever 1-2 days and forum threads every 2ish days.

"
RegulusNorth wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
And also mention that this is how I would do a skelly build as I believe this is the most effective route to keep up with the general clear speed meta.

Thanks Ghazzy. I appreciate the time your dedicate to providing us with a good baseline build with which to branch off of and develop our own variants.

I was tweaking your melee build, trying to find a more HC oriented tree while picking up the max skeletons we missed.

https://pastebin.com/fr8GPTQy

I was hoping to get your expert opinion on this. We lose DPS by not having Necro Aegis on Victario's, but we gain the survivability of actually wearing our shield. Spectres are Solar Guards with your setup or a proximity shield mob.

I'm still not in love with how many uniques we have to dedicate to using The Baron. I feel like we're compromising our amulet, boots, and helmet for more damage. I might swap Warpath for Bones of Ullr, or ditch Baron entirely which removes the need for Astramentis.

If we go proximity Spectres I'd fit Melee Splash into the skeleton links for clear speed, drop Soul Weaver, and pick up Puppet Master.

Anyone else with experience, feel free to comment. I've never made it to high level mapping so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking anything.

Hm, I'd prefer to use Bones of Ullr for that extra spectre as they are complementing the lack of clear speed from the melee skellies. Baron is a matter of taste as it's pretty good defensively in terms of HP as well. However, you could aim for an Elder helmet for your spectres and use abyssal jewels + To Dust jewels which works very well as well and is what I'm going to do, however it will increase the budget a lot in the end. :)

"
Enterich wrote:
Thanks Ghazzy :)

So your refering to: Spectre Summoner [HC/SC/Atziri/Shaper Viable]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623489
as the current best/most tanky summoner build, right?

That's the general communities opinion yes. And I agree with the most people on this.

"
Yathos wrote:
For the baron skele warrior variant, what is the pros/cons of the build vs your baron srs build in terms of bossing/map clearing

I usually play srs but I want to change it up a bit this league. I'm still in the mid 40s, but with the little experience I had with the skeles, they seem like they are just a slower version of srs in terms of map clearing.

Thanks

Skelly warriors will be absolutely insane for bossing with the latest buff. I will try to do uber atziri and potentially uber Elder as well (playing this build on stream atm).

Melee skellies are slower than SRS for lvling & general clear speed which is why we are complementing them with Solar Guard spectres for the clear speed. Same way how we would complement mage skellies who are good with clearing but worse vs bosses with Tukohama's Vanguard spectres!

"
I'm pretty new to summoners, played Golems twice over the years but not SRS or skeletons. How do you sustain the cost of SRS? Or skeletons later?

Also, is Necromantic Aegis necessary? I feel like thats gonna make you cringe level squishy.

Also, the gear recommended leaves you WAY under resist cap. What am I missing?

Clarity, also a mana flask whilst lvling is required.
NA is not mandatory but helps clear speed if your defensive stats can handle it.
The general idea of the build is to strength stack but obviously you need to handle your resistances, if they can't handle the type of gearing you need to wait with applying too many uniques till you get things sorted. Also the ascendancy choice that's a matter of taste grants extra resistances as well if you don't wanna run with Mistress of Sacrifice as an example. I might add my new PoB without strength stacking for melee skellies over the one that's in the guide atm since I feel that you get about the same value for a slightly less currency investment which uses a rare helmet instead which helps a lot with resistances.

"
Godsdragon wrote:
I am playing around with Queen's Escape and really enjoying the minion speed increase. I was wondering if there was any movement skill that you could use with as its really slow walking around the zones. I love fantasizing about speedy minions lol but I am really missing shield charge to move around.

That's the problem with Queen's Escape, you'll lack clear speed from you not being able to keep up due to lack of movement speed and/or proper movement ability cause you're using a 2H weapon.

"
Stibor wrote:
I play something very similar to this BUT,
"
They will require you to use 2x of the Dead Reckoning Jewel also make sure that the "max" ammount of skeletons you can summon is no more than 9 this way you will always get 9 mage skeletons on the field as if you have 10 skeletons and can have up to 10 mages the next time you summon it will act as it trying to summon the 11th unavailable skelly which will be a melee one and replace the oldest mage skelly which results in you only having 9 mage skellies either way.

is no longer true you can summon 10 mages every time with the new ascendancy and the use of From Dust jewel, I am currently using this to level once I gear and can afford to color a baron I will play around with the cost of brawn vs the from dust but being able to spawn all 10 with echo at once on a target is quite nice. I am fairly new to the game so I can be wrong I have played off and on awhile but only delve deep into the game last league so forgive my ignorance if I am being dumb. Thanks!

Could you doublecheck this in your hideout? Cause there has been 0 information that would change this mechanic. You basically get 10 mages first then your 11th skelly will be a melee one replacing your oldest mage which means you're rotating a melee in your mix till it goes away then once you hit 10 mages again you'll begin rotating in a melee to the mix again. Any proof of this not being the case would be extremely appreciated as it's been a core issue of mage skellies since release!

"
Two questions:

Why does the skele warrior variant show Vanguards as the chosen Specter in PoB? Shouldn't it be Solar Guards to help with clear speed cuz Skele Warriors are good at single target?

That's correct but Solar Guards don't exist in Path of Building :(((
NA is an optional addition to the build.

"
bullmastif wrote:

Capping resistance is always crucial after act 6. This works very well in higher tier content. I'm currently streaming this build live! :)

"
Physt wrote:
Do you recomend in High End the Scourge?

For the sake of DMG, yes. For clear speed= Brightbeak, and for melee skellies the chayula sword could be an option.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Build has been adjusted slightly for the sake of clearification and optimization (specially for melee skellies).
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Build has been adjusted slightly for the sake of clearification and optimization (specially for melee skellies).

Thanks dude :)

I am following, and playing as melee skelees with SOlor Guards. Its pretty ridiculous. Just need a Grip of the Council and a Scourge when the price comes down, or go get one my self.

My current gear

Dexterity ( and even intell if you're strength stacking) screw with you till you get Astramentis or a high attributes ring specifically with lots of dex. My current amulet is technically better than a Astramentis for the purpose here.

Thanks for your effort.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 5, 2018, 4:16:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info