[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

"
fuqi wrote:
Couldn't search through 25 pages, but how do you maintain your mana on fights where stuff doesn't die before you mana ends?

At first I was using a mana flask, now I just use divination distillate, it covers enough mana and doubles as some quant.
"
eix0r wrote:
"
Penetros wrote:
"
Zegelmorph wrote:
Perhaps a silly question, but would it be viable to drop Cospri's and the Pierce Gem, and instead run Piercing Shots and the Poison Gem? When I play it feels I'm only poisoning some of the time, because my HoT doesn't hit everything and I don't self-curse every pack I run into.

The HoT curse setup definitely feels lackluster since I'm frequently offscreening meaning I'm not really getting the effects of the curse on those attacks.

I can say with the poison gem I notice the poison/bleed fairly often. Id on't have a cospri's yet.

Cospri is rly needed here, before i could afford one i used snakebite and i hated it. I'm now around 22k dps with HoT/Wrath/Chaos Golem. (Still missing the enchantment on my Nest) So Normal mobs just melt away, dont need the poison here for bosses i have a 4L Setup with Frenzy/GMP/CoH/Projectile Weakness. (Will 5L that for second curse) Just spamm that a few times to get him cursed than poison him with normal barrage.

Also for the ppl complaining the get Oneshoted my life is now around 5.7k and i rarley get one-shot now. (Before 5k that happened alot) What really helped me too was the Decoy Totem, doesnt work for all bosses but for alot. Place totem -> spamm boss few times -> place totem again etc.
I'm also using a Vaal Grace with incr. duration for bosses, and will buy a Rumi's tomorrow.

My character is public so you can check out the gear.

I hitted today level 89, and with that touched COnstitution. Im following the skilltree that OP provided, and did the same with the gear. Im now with 5111 life. Only died 5 times in that process, and 3 of them were pretty avoidable, I just brain farted. AI only got one-shotted once, a double boss canyon crit map, with double extra damage (I had to test fight that). After that, I started using Decoy Totem, and that guy just make some of the boss fights trivial. I definitively vouch for that. I mean, even Uber Izaro, the last emperor, gets fooled by it. Using Vaal Grace as well for extra dankness.
Mana is incredibly easy to maintain. I only have 1 life and mana leech near vitality void and that is more than enough. If you have trouble to maintain it get spirit void.
Hey Theresa,hitting 70 now and you say Poison is a must for this build.
Well for a like 0 currency Option what you think about the snakebite gloves ?
Planning on playing with then + Doedres Ring untill I can afford a cospri's.
Good or Bad idea ?

Ty,greetings dutymarv
PoE & F1 is Life. <3
"
fuqi wrote:
Couldn't search through 25 pages, but how do you maintain your mana on fights where stuff doesn't die before you mana ends?

That hybrid mana/life leech node in between spirit and vitality void should be more than enough mana regen, even single target. Your damage should be crazy enough that it covers it.
El Psy Congroo.
Personally I did facebreakers into a rare, then cospri's. Just keep an eye on cospri's once you start getting enough currency, before that snakebite is fine, or just using poison gem.
Could someone look at my current gear and tree and give me some advice? TS mostly talked about using Voltaxic but I'm using a 6L Reach instead. Need some advice on how to make this build work with physical damage instead.

"

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeBS0ILg2ND6sWvxeWGYoZjhvIIXYj0yP2JIsknST9JpUqOC5TMHEwfDH6Nj03TDfUOdQ6QkMxR35KfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1VLW69fsGHiYlpirGVNbIxtbG-ecFJ07XXLdf1293cHeu99dX8rf5aEb4TFhs6HE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo2Sjb-PYJcGm42btZyknaqfbaCfo4qkeKfUtUi5fLvjvTa-p8DjwTPB1cM6xKLHncpKzZjP3dNv037UI9RC1orawd2o3vjjn-dU6ZjqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxivGz9z38xf66_sj_3g==?accountName=Jaemian&characterName=Fiosa
The only problem with this build is that it only really comes into it's own once you get the 3 Volley fire jewels, which at the moment cost 90-120 chaos.

As someone who's played "only" 320 hours, that's expensive.
"
Jaemian wrote:
Could someone look at my current gear and tree and give me some advice? TS mostly talked about using Voltaxic but I'm using a 6L Reach instead. Need some advice on how to make this build work with physical damage instead.

Expect to die a lot to reflect if you go full phys.

I'm 87 now in ESC and cruising through maps smoothly. Got my uber ascendancy yesterday and tooltip DPS went from 15.2k to 17.6k which made me kill stuff even faster.
This is on a 5L barrage with poison gem included so basically tooltip DPS is only 4L. Killed myself in a large group of porcupines when they all died quickly and all shot their spikes on me at once :).

I love the build but I'm just wondering about the use of the curse on hit setup with assassins mark since most of the mobs already die off-screen and only the few mobs that can get close to you get cursed. Maybe it's safer in the long run to just a defensive curse but OP already included that.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Personally I plan to have Enfeeble + Chains on HoT, so that anything nearby my isn't a threat, and then have Proj Weak + Enfeeble for manually cursing tough enemies/bosses.

Just wondering; What order is recommended to ascend in?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info