[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

+2 is uber
+1 is Merc
Speaking of; How does this build handle Uber Lab?

Is it "easy" to run solo to try and nab the elusive Enchant you want? Or are you gonna have to group or use another character to nab the enchant?
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Kupsik84 wrote:
why not using piercing shots and fatal toxins

Piercing shots doesn't do anything. Because of Powerful Precision, you have 100% pierce chance already.

I'm having some doubts whether piercing shots really doesn't do anything. Besides the fact that tooltip DPS is higher with 100% base pierce chance vs 60% pierce chance (so without all the pierce nodes in the piercing shots cluster) I feel that it actually does more damage.
Since drillneck increases projectile damage can't it be that the projectile damage increase is based on your base pierce chance without taking Powerful Precision into account? After all, PP gives 100%additional pierce chance, it does not give flat 100% pierce chance.

From Exile wiki:
Powerful Precision grants 100% chance to pierce for the first 10 distance units of a projectile's travel, after which the pierce chance decreases linearly down to 0% at 120 distance units.

This actually contradicts with what the keystone says:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels farther

Here's a picture of the distance units
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/f/ff/Poe-units-72.jpg

It would make more sense that the projectile damage increase from drillneck so through pierce chance is added when the projectile is fired and only when a mob is hit it checks the distance units and assigns the pierce chance at that moment.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Well, the tooltip DPS would increase because... well, the tooltip sucks.

In this situation, the extra Pierce chance is a variable, so it completely ignores it when calculating Tooltip DPS (And isn't smart enough to realize that it'll be 100% at all distances in this setup).

So, a flat increase to Pierce from the tree is an increase to tooltip damage, but not actual damage.

I am reasonably sure that Drillneck doesn't take into account amounts over 100% for its boosted damage, but happy to let someone else confirm/deny that.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Kupsik84 wrote:
why not using piercing shots and fatal toxins

Piercing shots doesn't do anything. Because of Powerful Precision, you have 100% pierce chance already.

I'm having some doubts whether piercing shots really doesn't do anything. Besides the fact that tooltip DPS is higher with 100% base pierce chance vs 60% pierce chance (so without all the pierce nodes in the piercing shots cluster) I feel that it actually does more damage.
Since drillneck increases projectile damage can't it be that the projectile damage increase is based on your base pierce chance without taking Powerful Precision into account? After all, PP gives 100%additional pierce chance, it does not give flat 100% pierce chance.

From Exile wiki:
Powerful Precision grants 100% chance to pierce for the first 10 distance units of a projectile's travel, after which the pierce chance decreases linearly down to 0% at 120 distance units.

This actually contradicts with what the keystone says:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels farther

Here's a picture of the distance units
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/f/ff/Poe-units-72.jpg

It would make more sense that the projectile damage increase from drillneck so through pierce chance is added when the projectile is fired and only when a mob is hit it checks the distance units and assigns the pierce chance at that moment.

We know 100% is the max pierce chance, even when calculating Drillneck, Mark has said as much.

Mark has also confirmed this in a Q&A thread before, Drillneck benefits from Powerful Precision like any other chance to pierce. Drillneck's attributes apply when the projectile hits, not when it was casted. So if it has 100% chance to pierce when it hits, it gets damage applied as if it was 100%.

At the edge of your screen/a little off screen you end up with 40% chance to pierce. You can test this by keeping track of which projectiles return to you. If they don't return they pierced, if they do return they didn't pierce. 99% of the time you'll have no projectiles returning and therefore should have full pierce benefit with Drillneck.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Sep 24, 2016, 3:40:27 AM
Perhaps a silly question, but would it be viable to drop Cospri's and the Pierce Gem, and instead run Piercing Shots and the Poison Gem? When I play it feels I'm only poisoning some of the time, because my HoT doesn't hit everything and I don't self-curse every pack I run into.
Hey guys, im loving the build. I am able to push maps fairly easily but ive just tried the normal atziri and ive got instanted several times. True im only 80 lvl and running 3900 HP. I was thinking about iron reflexes or other auras, any suggestions?.
"
Zegelmorph wrote:
Perhaps a silly question, but would it be viable to drop Cospri's and the Pierce Gem, and instead run Piercing Shots and the Poison Gem? When I play it feels I'm only poisoning some of the time, because my HoT doesn't hit everything and I don't self-curse every pack I run into.

The HoT curse setup definitely feels lackluster since I'm frequently offscreening meaning I'm not really getting the effects of the curse on those attacks.

I can say with the poison gem I notice the poison/bleed fairly often. Id on't have a cospri's yet.
"
Penetros wrote:
"
Zegelmorph wrote:

The HoT curse setup definitely feels lackluster since I'm frequently offscreening meaning I'm not really getting the effects of the curse on those attacks.

I can say with the poison gem I notice the poison/bleed fairly often. Id on't have a cospri's yet.

You can use snakebites ! They really work well. I tried both snakebites and maligaro's virtuosity, and snakebite are really awesome. Bosses just melt away.

My damage is just too low, 15k h/o 26 at maximum possible
I changed build just a bit for defence but not really offensive

My gems are not quality yet, but im pretty sure it will not give me like 14k tooltip
What im doing wrong?

Also im dying in phys/ele reflect maps even with vaal pact, is it normal?

Last edited by Rorinko on Sep 25, 2016, 9:41:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info