[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

Faster Projectiles won't affect how far the arrow projectiles travel.[1] However, it will still affect the travel distance of projectiles from skills such as Incinerate inventory icon.pngIncinerate, Ethereal Knives inventory icon.pngEthereal Knives, and Freezing Pulse inventory icon.pngFreezing Pulse, which have a lifetime rather than a fixed travel distance.

Is one Wiki explanation on how "Faster projectiles" relates to a specific skill.
It is a little confusing. Says "won't affect how far" then says "will affect travel distance", different skills have different effects.

Increasing the Projectile Speed of limited duration projectiles will allow them to travel a further distance before they expire.

Another Wiki excerpt, maybe, for simplicity's sake if the helm enchant simply said "12% increase in flame totem aoe" then my confusion would not exist.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Faster Projectiles won't affect how far the arrow projectiles travel.[1] However, it will still affect the travel distance of projectiles from skills such as Incinerate inventory icon.pngIncinerate, Ethereal Knives inventory icon.pngEthereal Knives, and Freezing Pulse inventory icon.pngFreezing Pulse, which have a lifetime rather than a fixed travel distance.

Is one Wiki explanation on how "Faster projectiles" relates to a specific skill.
It is a little confusing. Says "won't affect how far" then says "will affect travel distance", different skills have different effects.

Increasing the Projectile Speed of limited duration projectiles will allow them to travel a further distance before they expire.

Another Wiki excerpt, maybe, for simplicity's sake if the helm enchant simply said "12% increase in flame totem aoe" then my confusion would not exist.

You misread the first sentence of the wiki explanation. Travel distance isn't affected only for ARROWS e.g. bow skills.
Hit level 80 with this build, that Totem Shield is indeed needed if you want to do higher tier maps efficiently.

Didn't manage to buy one though, too expensive, 8 exalt cost for just the shield, you can play other builds cheaper and farm faster, but I will come back to this build if I get lucky Totem shield drop.

But still a good build for low-mid tier maps if you don't have shield, leveling is very slow at beginning until you hit level 41 to equip the unique weapon for flame totem.

I don't recommend this as a league starter build or for new players, unless you don't mind playing slow at the beginning.
Last edited by Ryce on Mar 15, 2017, 10:49:57 PM
"
Ryce wrote:
Hit level 80 with this build, that Totem Shield is indeed needed if you want to do higher tier maps efficiently.

Didn't manage to buy one though, too expensive, 8 exalt cost for just the shield, you can play other builds cheaper and farm faster, but I will come back to this build if I get lucky Totem shield drop.

But still a good build for low-mid tier maps if you don't have shield, leveling is very slow at beginning until you hit level 41 to equip the unique weapon for flame totem.

I don't recommend this as a league starter build or for new players, unless you don't mind playing slow at the beginning.

I do agree with the slow leveling part, but with only 30c, we can clear up to tier11 map, deathless normal atziri, I think it's a good trade of for me, since I done have time to train multiple characters... get the flame totem to level20 I think 40k damage with 5 link is not a problem...
Hey OP.

Is this build viable for chayula ? Can i beat the timer with this build?

thanks
TO THE CREATOR of the build

So you removed the 2 flame totem version of your build...which just made this build a NON leaguestarter...you should post the 2 totem version again, since it works out very well.
I have problem to decide I limited on budget I can only afford 1

6l Infenral mantel vs Tukuhama Shield?

If i buy the shield i left on 5l

So whats gonna be?
POPOTM i would go with the infernal mantle, you can easily do most endgame with 2 totems, no problem, and the increased dmg from having a 6 link, is insane..

So INFERNAL > tukohama
I started a character using your build as a guide this league

Looks like i hadn't paid enough attention to the budget it needs so i made some gear changes dunno how it will finalize, using a +3 6link staff with a rare armour , dps kinda sucks though.

Feel free to have a look and tell me any small changes i could make with big improvements if u plz
The character is Devon_Aidendale
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yorwos/characters
Last edited by Yorwos on Mar 26, 2017, 8:48:25 PM
Anyone why use Elementak focus if you have Ngamahu ascendancy? 35% damage to burning which against ele focus? should be good to use fast casting instead of ele focus and + Ngamahu activate rather than 1 gem ele focus only and it seems the author of this build doesnt care anymore or just busy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info