[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
You forget sth, though; the original build and tree has almost no armor items equipped, so most of our armor nodes on the tree are kinda useless.

We basically need ES which helps our EHP.

So, using the new shield we lose ES, we gain life and armor and a looot more dmg +the new pathing gives us more dex which might come handy for certain gems /items.

Is it worth it? Probably yes :)

My suggested tree (115 points) with 188% inc life and using the new shield:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGO5fhYLPfzGBHuzpqMXjPZIBsPPZ18_TeMUIKZX7w464fiTNZL-j2ebrj6Mz9fP-Tfjau-IFm-j8rb6WisqE_emjmRY5Waepwh7IB0U-tLYJOvu_oePRjbFfIOFMhzcEMyD8x8Cp5SPGk6uBAdeXbE2g9tMs9H9rhJVxq6z0B8tH0GW7-uVIND1wfOCHqKj2wtRdH_GD8QagZMnEZY7fKaZvopTNQceuMqhL1BClS6MNvDVVUuJ04_6SVFh4nBS6_UmlcMJFr-5k_IdSbHGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L3yReRRg19QRzLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyC2GvbA==

true that with the dex. if I checked correctly it's only 20, but they can make the difference not needing a dex enchant or such, although pathing is near 2 +30 dex nodes anyways. I gladly sacrifice a 5% life node for a 30dex node if I am in need of dex.

we not really gain life though (as ES shields also can have up to 100 life - but they gonna be expensive...), but the armor (390 from the shield + 900 for having 3 totems up) is pretty significant, that is true. although we also lose spell crit and resistances from the shield, making the rest of the gearing a bit trickier. not that it is really difficult to begin with, as we have 6 items (7 with the shield) where we can put our res on.

one thing that is irritating me though, why you take the totem life nodes on the way to ancestral bond and totemic mastery? I played a lot of totem builds and I always took the damage nodes (except for righteous fire totems, obviously). I never have felt that my totems were squishy or needed the resistance or something like that. reflect is also covered via chieftain (full immunity), so I see no reason for that.
I really wish we could include Totemic Zeal ( the totem placement speed cluster right to scion life ), but i can't seem a way to free up the 5 points we need for that.

45% Placement Speed, 40% Duration and so much totem cast speed. I really think it's worth picking them up in the new tree, because we want to get 3 totems down as often as possible without it feeling to clunky ( and refresh the temporary 100% crit chance from Shaman's Dominion in longer fights ).
Last edited by Vods on Nov 20, 2016, 10:10:49 AM
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
You forget sth, though; the original build and tree has almost no armor items equipped, so most of our armor nodes on the tree are kinda useless.

We basically need ES which helps our EHP.

So, using the new shield we lose ES, we gain life and armor and a looot more dmg +the new pathing gives us more dex which might come handy for certain gems /items.

Is it worth it? Probably yes :)

My suggested tree (115 points) with 188% inc life and using the new shield:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGO5fhYLPfzGBHuzpqMXjPZIBsPPZ18_TeMUIKZX7w464fiTNZL-j2ebrj6Mz9fP-Tfjau-IFm-j8rb6WisqE_emjmRY5Waepwh7IB0U-tLYJOvu_oePRjbFfIOFMhzcEMyD8x8Cp5SPGk6uBAdeXbE2g9tMs9H9rhJVxq6z0B8tH0GW7-uVIND1wfOCHqKj2wtRdH_GD8QagZMnEZY7fKaZvopTNQceuMqhL1BClS6MNvDVVUuJ04_6SVFh4nBS6_UmlcMJFr-5k_IdSbHGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L3yReRRg19QRzLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyC2GvbA==

one thing that is irritating me though, why you take the totem life nodes on the way to ancestral bond and totemic mastery? I played a lot of totem builds and I always took the damage nodes (except for righteous fire totems, obviously). I never have felt that my totems were squishy or needed the resistance or something like that. reflect is also covered via chieftain (full immunity), so I see no reason for that.

Huh? I don't take the totem life nodes, I take the dmg nodes :)

The other guy that posted before me had the totem life nodes ;)

-- We gain life, we have a higher % and a more flat life, but we lose ES and spell crit as you said.

However, we do get 33% MORE dmg (1 more totem) and 120% increased totem dmg overall, right? 40% increased totem dmg * 3 totems.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

-- We gain life, we have a higher % and a more flat life, but we lose ES and spell crit as you said.

However, we do get 33% MORE dmg (1 more totem) and 120% increased totem dmg overall, right? 40% increased totem dmg * 3 totems.

hmmm, looks like I messed up my trees, dang. happens when you have 5 trees open simultaneously xD

it should be 50% more damage actually because we have two totems without it, then we have three totems, 2 x 1.5 = 3. :)

and I wouldn't actually calculate it as 120% totem damage, although at the end it still is that. but if I want to compare it to stuff on the tree or on other items, it is still "only" 40% :D
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

hmmm, looks like I messed up my trees, dang. happens when you have 5 trees open simultaneously xD

it should be 50% more damage actually because we have two totems without it, then we have three totems, 2 x 1.5 = 3. :)

and I wouldn't actually calculate it as 120% totem damage, although at the end it still is that. but if I want to compare it to stuff on the tree or on other items, it is still "only" 40% :D

Yep, it's 50% more dmg, which is huge. I hope it'll be enough to take the guardians down, coz a friend played the build this league and he couldn't kill the guardians with pretty good items. He said the fights took too long so he ended up dying.

We'll see, still undecided about what build to play.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Hey guys,

i followed your conversation and this new shield + new tree seems to be very interesting for the new League! I had a lot of fun with this build in Essence league, but at the and i failed at lvl 91. I simply died too often and my dmg ( buffed ~100k ) wasn´t enough for example uber atziri.
Am i the only one who wants to be a bit more tanky? :o

I am also happy if u give me a clue for upgrades
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Nov 21, 2016, 5:47:26 AM
I like the new shield, can anyone with experience in the build post a new tree and some leveling help?

Would it still be best to keep the same leveling path , get BM and then respec out of it after lvl 61 if you can afford the shield?

Or you think it would be better to go the new way directly?

Any help is appreciated, since i really want to play this for the next league, but i have little experience in the game.
No new shield gives 40% damage increase, 8% cast speed will give more DPS ..
sry my bad eng))
"
nathlar wrote:
I like the new shield, can anyone with experience in the build post a new tree and some leveling help?

Would it still be best to keep the same leveling path , get BM and then respec out of it after lvl 61 if you can afford the shield?

Or you think it would be better to go the new way directly?

Any help is appreciated, since i really want to play this for the next league, but i have little experience in the game.

I don't think you need to respect blood magic. Even through you have it on the shield, behind BM in the skill tree 35% life for 3 skill points. I think you can't get 35% life for 4 points (1 for BM and 3 for life behind it) in any other way.

And if you don't want to take entire bottom thread on skill tree, then why even get bm in the first place? I don't think you particularly need that BM at that point before 61 lvl.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Nov 23, 2016, 7:02:00 AM
Why dont you use any pcoc? for me the whole golem setup is a bit over the top... cwdt + golem + orb + pcoc would prolly enough for me.

Tried Righteous fire for bosses as a damage boost? With such a high dps its maybe doable to not degen with constant damage on bosses. Saw that route on a incinerate chieftain totemer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info