Hellcat5 - My Apologies - Neversink, Antnee and Others

"
wehrberg wrote:
That was about as self-serving as an "apology" can get.

Oi, watch it mate. You don' wanno get shitlisted now, do ya?
Hellcat5 was the only user in neversink's loot filter thread who tried to help me with my problems. If that is a problem for some other users i don't know what to say.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Hellcat5 was the only user in neversink's loot filter thread who tried to help me with my problems. If that is a problem for some other users i don't know what to say.

The issue people are replying to here is not that Hellcat helped you on Neversink's filter. It is like I and others have said now that this is the most self-serving apology hellcat could have done. Like I said in an earlier post "I'm sorry that you got upset over what I did" on a public scale. The OP wants people to know that they are sorry because others got upset at the OP, not that they is sorry they did it in the first place.

Regardless of how good their intentions were (and honestly, I think it was great that they jumped in and added the part to the filter you needed or whatever they did, all they had to do was give the implication that obviously it was still neversink's filter and I don't think anybody cares) the way Hellcat went about apologizing for these things is one of the most assholish ways they could have done it. You don't even need to fully comprehend or care what they are trying to make ammends for, it just reeks of trying to save their own impression of their online image.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jul 17, 2016, 4:58:16 PM
"

He did answer the questions and tried to help with the test-versions. However, the problem was repeatedly reported by several members and the issue is a 2.3 related bug, not one specifically affecting one filter.

------------------------

Hellcat,

I'm not even sure where to start and I'm not sure if it's even worth the time posting this. To sum up my problem:

it's not what you did, it's how you did it. The same applies to this "apology". It touches none of the reasons I felt offended (and possibly others did too).

In your reply, you linked dictionaries, nitpicked at every spot and missed the finer details. This is something I personally see as rude. You further accused me of only helping donators/trying to enforce everyone to use my filter (?). I never created a single "paid" version/feature and refused all requests of that kind and never really did any promotions for my filter either (outside of a reddit post before the league start).

You didn't just help. Instead you soon enough started promoting your own sub-versions of my filter in my thread, not just ones for testing. This is a red card to me on several levels. This would only lead to version management problems, cause confusion and was also simply just rude in my eyes.

Also constructive criticism is supposed to create a healthy atmosphere and be helpful in nature. The fact that I felt forced to report you (note: it was your reply, not what you did before) is evident that I didn't quite share that notion.

Overall I don't feel like you're trying to apologize, instead you're trying to justify your behavior. The whole tone and the phrasing used in your post doesn't feel right.

However, I also think you don't need to apologize. I really don't think that a lot of people care about what's going on here and not everyone has time to take care of forum-drama. Finally your intentions were (at least partially) alright, so you do score a few points in my book. It's the way you manifested them that annoyed people.

Personally, as long as you won't repeat the things you did: we're good (the ones that offended me, not the ones you've listed).

NeverSink

---------------------

PS: It's OK to have personal goals. If you're going for popularity/streaming/monetary success, there's nothing wrong with it (I cared about it first, but soon realized that it's not my path). You're allowed to have goals and dreams. So take some pride in your work. However, you maybe should rethink your politics when it comes to other people.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jul 17, 2016, 7:57:56 PM
"
NeverSink wrote:
(a whole bunch of stuff that I personally agree with)

Personally, as long as you won't repeat the things you did: we're good

Yeah, same. I just don't have the energy for forum drama of this nature.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jul 17, 2016, 7:55:24 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:
(a whole bunch of stuff that I personally agree with)

Personally, as long as you won't repeat the things you did: we're good

Yeah, same. I just don't have the energy for forum drama of this nature.

I initially did not want to reply, but the important things I wanted to finish this night were german tax-related papers (veeeery tedious), so naturally I had to re-prioritize.

That being said, I hope this drama will take an end.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jul 17, 2016, 8:00:03 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
...and the replies are exactly the reason I don't give a shit how I respond to people on these forums.

I know the name Hellcat5 but I don't know who the hell he or she is. Don't care to know.

But what I do know, is that he tried to do something in this thread and the first three replies were fucking disrespectful.

This is why I don't give a shit about GGG banning or probating me, because I'll speak my mind.

You three above me are on my shit list.

Well... now you are in my shit list :)

Who cares?...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Jul 17, 2016, 9:12:39 PM
I don't have a 'shit list', but I'd like one. Where do you get them?
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
This helped me a lot about poe gameplay.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
This helped me a lot about poe gameplay.

Ahahaha, true... The moderators are robots that move things that should not be moved and when they really should move something they don't do it...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info