Hellcat5 - My Apologies - Neversink, Antnee and Others

Hello,

I've been thinking about the negative reception regarding my efforts to improve filter construction, and about complaints I've had about me bumping my filter threads although from less than 5 people.

To Neversink - I jumped into your thread because someone who uses your filter made comment on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260664 with a request for help. I was participating in discussion there wtih Antnee, who also seems to have taken what I said negatively. But, my apologies to him will come below. I saw other comments on your filter thread from players requesting help, and I gave it to them. That I offered options to them for resolving their issues, which included a link to an animate weapon filter I created upon request and gave to the person requesting, I'm sorry. My intent was to help players. I also had given filter code for a few people there that they could add to your filter. I'm sorry.

I jumped in, without asking, modifying your filter script to help with possible short term solutions for some visual issues that came up. I provided these test scripts through my github, and gave link to those test filters to people on your thread. Again, I'm sorry I didn't ask if it was ok to help, and I didn't ask if it was ok to provide these test scripts to your users. At the time you didn't have these test scripts available, or made no mention that you had created your own tests until days later. If I missed a post about that, I'm sorry. Again, my point was to help players with a short term solution to the problem while GGG works on the font renderer and filter parser.

I then gave constructive critism that I thought you'd be open toward. In doing so I offended you, and for that I'm sorry. I offended you so much with my attempt to offer constructive criticism that you sent message to GGG support to have the comment removed, which I later reposted for those who were interested. I'm sorry. You didn't ask for constructive criticism, and it's my fault that I gave unsolicited advice.

I also gave logical criticism about some of the statements you made. "no one reads readmes" I recall that point being one of the statements I gave comment about. I can't agree with that being a true statement, but I can agree that maybe many don't. I like to exercise using logic in my writing to help me exercise logic in software development. I realized that my criticism regarding illogical statements can feel condescending. And for that, I'm sorry.

To Antnee - I made comments to you similar to my criticism regarding Neversink's illogical blanket statements. I also intended constructive criticism regarding the examples you gave for filter writing, but I see those also might be received as condescending. For that, I'm sorry.

To address who I'm out for:

I made criticism regarding Perq's illogical attacks on me (which started almost two years ago) after I made a guide to help players with graphical stuttering. Ever since, he's hopped on many of my threads, making negative comments here and there, and attempting to paint me as a guy who's only out for himself. Some of his statements GGG has removed, some not. I'm not sure why there's not consistency regarding.

I don't stream consistently. I don't create youtube videos consistently. A person must do both of those consistently if his or her goal is to generate income for such. I don't take advantage of controversy to try to generate views. That's not my goal.

I have said hey let me help you with those customizations you want on your filters. Hey, here's some help for graphical stuttering. Person said to me, "I'm having trouble with this build guide. And i'm going to trash all my gear and lose all my time because I'm very frustrated." I said, "no no don't do that, I can help you. What's causing the stopping point? Why are you dying?" Then proceeded to help those people to enjoy the builds they're following. I even went so far to offer my help at one point as to sit on voice chat each night for 3 hours (9PM to midnight). I've said repeatedly, "hey, I can help." and "I'm willing to help."

I'm here to help anyone who's experience of Path of Exile isn't as enjoyable as it could be.

Best Wishes,
Hellcat5

ADDENDUM (7/17/2016 - 6:12PM)

Why Did I Make My Apology Public?

I thought about how NeverSink and Antnee, and others, must feel about my written tone. So, I decided to make my apology public, and take whatever heat I might get. A person can falsely apologize all day in private. Where's the danger in that? One person disbelieves you? Instead, I took the approach to let the community punish me as they see fit.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jul 17, 2016, 6:16:34 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 4:05:28 AM
I'm going to be 100% honest here. Most of the time when I see your threads, I skim over the content, quickly get bored, and leave. In this case I'm changing the last step to replying because I'm already bored to begun with lol. I really don't mean that as an offense, just a statement of facts as to what happens to me.

I was gonna lightly jab you with a snarky but the comment didn't really sound funny in my head so I'll just try to get the idea out straight. You seem like the kind of person who really puts their personal self out in public. Hellcat5's this, Hellcat5's that. Who else puts their own name everywhere? Who else focuses on I, I, me, I? Who else posts public apologies on personal matters (I had no idea there was even any drama going on?) Who else keeps 3 of their own threads on the front page of this forum? If you reread your post, it's pretty much just you talking about yourself, isn't it? (Although given the subject matter that's obviously unavoidable :p)

Again, not meaning it as an insult, just a perspective to consider. Because always always always, people who put their personal selves out in public will attract insults, criticism, etc. If you can't deal with that, you might consider being a bit more restrained about the "Hellcat5 Brand." Otherwise, you're probably going to have to deal with hecklers forever.

I use my own loot filter which is one of the reasons I quickly get bored and leave with most of these threads. So I guess that's one reason I had zero clue what kind of drama you're referring to.

Random thought that a good proportion of forum lurkers will probaby say to themselves, "who's Hellcat5 again?"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 16, 2016, 6:42:09 PM
^

This.

I had more to say, but this pretty much covers it.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 16, 2016, 7:21:11 PM
I don't even know who Hellcat 1-4 were.
...and the replies are exactly the reason I don't give a shit how I respond to people on these forums.

I know the name Hellcat5 but I don't know who the hell he or she is. Don't care to know.

But what I do know, is that he tried to do something in this thread and the first three replies were fucking disrespectful.

This is why I don't give a shit about GGG banning or probating me, because I'll speak my mind.

You three above me are on my shit list.
"
Natharias wrote:
...and the replies are exactly the reason I don't give a shit how I respond to people on these forums.

I know the name Hellcat5 but I don't know who the hell he or she is. Don't care to know.

But what I do know, is that he tried to do something in this thread and the first three replies were fucking disrespectful.

This is why I don't give a shit about GGG banning or probating me, because I'll speak my mind.

I'm fucking shaking in my boots.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Being on someone's shit list is no cause for concern. Unless you're fucking being motherfuck fucking disre-fucking-spectful.

But...being on someone's Royal Shit List...now that's goddamn scary. Whoops, shat me britches I'm so scared just thinking about it!
"
Natharias wrote:

So the first reply was honest (non-hostile) criticism of OP's online persona that makes a very valid point as me only knowing the OP's name popping up here and there read the post and thought "you know when you apologize publicly about an issue that is fairly private, it looks like you are just trying to garner sympathy from others rather than make amends". It just reads like a classic "I'm sorry you got upset about what I did" fake apology. OP could have at least just apologized in each relevant thread and been done with it.

The second reply was agreeing with the first and the third was a very mild (non-hostile) joke at the OPs name based on the first comment.

Oh yes, they were so f'ing disrespectful! Time to rage!
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:44:02 PM
That was about as self-serving as an "apology" can get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info