[2.3] Pathfinder CoC Poison Build (1min Gorge run! ShatterChuck-like DMG! Easy Uber/Core!)

Hey Exiles,

This is Rayamn. I've made New Era of CoC Discharge recently. Today, Im gonna bring another CoC build with Pathfinder Ascendancy class. It's the one which is closest to ShatterChuck so far. Note that this is not a budget build.

Now that the intro is over, let's get into the fun stuff shall we?

BUILD HIGHLIGHT

+ 8k+ es
+ DPS is explosive HIGH! (With Barrage version, dps is close to ShatterChuck)
+ Clear speed very FAST! (with shield charge version)
+ No element / phys reflect issue (no issue even in a reflect mod map, there are demo videos)
+ Infinite flask charges while clearing map
+ Theoretically infinite flask charges while single targeting
+ 150% Flask effect

PLAY STYLE

Barrage PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with BV) click here
Barrage PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with Chain) click here
Shield Charge PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with BV) click here
Shield Charge PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with Faster Attack) click here

We have Poison Effect from Pathfinder and We are using Bladefall, Glacial Cascade, Blade Vortex as our three AREA spells.

In map clearing:
We use IAOE to enlarge all spells' area size to increase our clear speed. (Yes, Glacial Cascade is off-screen long!)
Bladefall and Glacial Cascade could help us kill everything in front of us.
Blade Vortex could clean the rest mobs around you.
Besides, after you have enough stacks (Most likely 3~5 stacks) of Blade Vortex, you can just run through a pack, and then Blade Vortex will clear them w/o shooting barrage.

In Boss fight:
We can always swap out IAOE for Conc Effect to get 60% more AREA damage for all spells. Note that 60% more AREA damage is double dipping in Poison Effect! Thats why this build can achieve such explosive dmg.
Compare with Bladefall, Glacial Cascade, Ethereal Knives (EK):

From map clearing aspect, EK wont really help, cause we can alrdy clear mobs in front of us with Bladefall and Glacial Cascade. Literally, EK just does overlap damage, but Blade Vortex can clear all mobs around us from diff directions.

From Boss fight aspect, Blade Vortex definitely beats EK because Blade vortex can take benefit from Conc effect (which is even doubling dipping in poison) but EK cannot. Not to mention we can sustain at most 30~40 stacks of Blade Vortex.

Showcase Videos
Uber Atziri

Full Run click here

Other Map Run
Barrage PlayStyle Demo in Gorge Run (with BV) click here
Barrage PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with Chain) click here
Shield Charge PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with BV) click here
Shield Charge PlayStyle demo in Gorge Run (with Faster Attack) click here
Core Run click here
Double Kaom Boss Fight click here
Phys Reflect Map Run click here
ele Reflect Map Run click here
Core run with semi-budget Gears (w/ skyforth)

Core Run click here

Gorge & Palace run with extremely budget gears (w/ Lioneye's Paw)

Palace Run with increased 35% Boss life (Barrage) click here
Gorge Run (Shield Charge) click here

Refill flasks in Single targeting demo

Core nodes in Pathfinder Ascendancy class that we will take:

1. Veteran Bowyer

Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances
Enemies you Kill that are affected by Elemental Status Ailments grant 100% increased flask charges

We can have infinite flask charges while doing maps.

2. Nature's Adrenaline

15% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask
20% increased Attack Speed while using a Flask

3. Master Surgeon
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
Remove Bleeding on Flask use
10% chance for Flasks to gain a Charge when you deal a Critical Strike

Theoretically we can refill flasks charges in single targeting bcz we have high hit times per second.

4. Master Herbalist

20% increased Damage with Poison
20% increased Poison Duration
+30% Chaos Resistance while using a Flask
Always Poison on Hit while using a Flask

The main reason we can deal tons of DPS and also a nice chaos resistance bonus.

Minimum item requirements:

Concept of the build
First of all, This is a Flask build stacking poison dot. We can use Barrage(wand) or Shield Charge(dagger).

We utilize Bladefall, Blade Vortex, Glacial Cascade which are Physical Area Damage and multiple hit times spells.
With phys base damage, we can maximize our poison dot.
With multiple hit times, we have the ability to refill flask charges when we deal lots crit strike.
So, with infinite flasks, we can always have all flasks up, so we can always poison on hit.

We have increased 50% flask effect on Tree. That means, for example,
We can have 60%block / 30%spell block (45%block with new rumi's) with

We can have +9 max cold res / 45% phys dmg taken as cold damage / 45% phys dmg as extra cold / 45% avoid being chilled and frozen

We can have 105% movement speed

There are many more powerful flasks that we can use. You can choose what you prefer.

How Do We Achieve Such Explosive Damage?!

Mainly because of poison, and some synergy we use.

We take increased area/chaos dmg on tree which is double dipping in poison. Note that Conc Effect 60% more area dmg is double dipping aswell.

We take 45% increased skill effect duration on tree which buffs poison, Blade Vortex duration (and vaal skills duration aswell). This means, we can stack more poison dot, and also sustain more blade vortex stacks.

Due to the multiple hit times of Barrage, Bladefall, Blade vortex, and Glacial Cascade, we can deal many crit strikes very frequently. So with Master Surgeon "10% chance for Flasks to gain a Charge when you deal a Critical Strike", theoretically we can refill all 60 flask charges in 7 seconds. So we can always have all flasks up to boost our offense/defense stats.

Barrage CoC APS Criterion (very IMPORTANT!!)

Due to there's a CoC cool down time, we cant unlimited increase our aps.
To maximize our single target dps, (We dont count in the proj from Volley fire unique jewels)
In 4 projectiles barrage case, we can at most have 3.0 aps.
In 5 projectiles barrage case (with +1 proj helm enchantment), we can at most have 2.4 aps.
In 6 projectiles barrage case (with +2 proj helm enchantment), we can at most have 2.0 aps.
If you have aps more than the criterion, your single target dps will be decreased. Make sure you dont overinvest in aps.

I personally prefer the 4 proj barrage with 3.0 aps case, cause you can stack aps up to 3.0 aps for faster clearing speed meanwhile you wont lose any single target dps.

Barrage vs Shield Charge

Barrage:
Less clear speed (we can only walk with 200% movement tho)
Highest DPS in single target

Shield Charge:
Highest clear speed
Less DPS in single target (Bcz shield charge Proc rate is not good in single target)

Gears

Example Gear

Barrage

Shield Charge

Helm

We use a rare ES helm. Get some resistance on it, and also accuracy if you play Barrage.

Weapon

Void battery is a not bad choice, but its 1.2APS base is pretty slow which lower down your map clearing speed.
I really recommend to get an Imbued wand base with high spell damage, and multicraft ias, crit chance if you are patient to find one. Its stronger and should be a little cheaper than void battery.
Spell Critical on wand is also not bad, but less efficient than ias cause we can have 100% crit barrage, 95%+ crit blade vortex and nearly 85% crit Bladefall/ Glacial Cascade with 6 power charges, diamond flask and assassin mark.

Get a Vagan Royal Skean base with spell/ias/crit chance if you want to play Shield Charge CoC with Very high clear speed.

The best CoC wand is my Carrion Call Imbued Wand.
The best CoC Vagan dagger is my Phoenix Thirst.
Get a copy of them if you want to invest in more. Here's my Mirror Service Thread - click here

Amulet

Top priority is Crit mult and also accuracy if you play Barrage.
Get some ES / crit chance if you're able to.

Get a copy of my Eagle medallion if you want to invest in more. Here's my Mirror Service Thread - click here

Rings

Get two Elron rings so that we can do no mana regen maps. Multicraft str and some resistance if you lack of them. Note that we can still sustain the mana cost w/o Elron rings, so they're not necessary.

Gloves

Maligaro's are Best in slot for this build for obvious reasons. Lots Crit Chance/ Crit Mult and also a fairly amount of ias.

Another option is Shadows and dust which is fun to play with.

Chest

One of the core unique of this build. Really easy to understand that we can have 30% more spell damage when on low life, and also we can utilize many auras.

Belt

Doryani's Invitation phys version is very ideal for this build with high resistance/ phys dmg/ str.

If you have more budget, get a headhunter bcz its always fun to play with headhunter. But you will have to solve the resist issue on jewels.

The Retch (Talisman league unique) is also a good option for those players who arent interested in headhunter. Bcz we have lots of leech amount from Vessel of vinktar, so this belt provides us a huge dps in chaos dmg which can poison aswell. Increased 60% flask duration and 15% movement speed are pretty good too.
Boots

We're low life build, so we need skyforth to solve the stun issue.

Helm Enchantment

2 additional Barrage Projectiles This is good only if you have slow Barrage aps. Detail is explained in Barrage CoC APS Criterion section.

30% increased Assassin's Mark Curse Effect 3.0 flat crit chance and 6% more damage.
150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Ice Golems Global Crit / Accuracy.
30% increased Blade Vortex Duration You can sustain more stacks of Blade Vortex.
15% reduced Hatred Mana Reservation You can drop an Enlighten Gem.
30% reduced Herald of Ash Mana Reservation You can drop an Enlighten Gem.

Skill Gems

Chest:
Spoiler
Wand Normal Setup:

Wand Fast Clearing Speed Setup:

Dagger Normal Setup1:

Dagger Normal Setup2:

Dagger Fast Clearing Speed Setup1:

Dagger Fast Clearing Speed Setup2:

In strong boss fight:
Swap out

For

Wand or Dagger:
Spoiler

Shield:
Spoiler

Helm/ Gloves/ Boots:
Spoiler
For auras, The Top Priority we want to use are:

Secondary Priority:

There are many combinations, So I only give some examples here. You can try to find your own aura setup on Online Aura Calculator Site.
For those who lack of resistance (use Purity of element)
4L:

4L:

4L:

Shield 3L (Drop Flame Dash):

For those who have enough resistance (use Herald of thunder)
4L:

4L:

4L:

For those who dont have Enlighten (0 Enlighten used)

Blood Magic - Discipline - Herald of Ashe / Ice Golem
Blasphemy - Assassin mark - Hatred - (Herald of Ice or Purity of Element)

You will have a free 4L.

Flasks

Useful Flasks

Use it in some specific hard boss fights, e.g Uber Trio.

This is the best flask of this build. Literally it buffs Crit chance of all our skills by flat 20~25%.

Our leech mainly rely on this flask.

No need to explain. 45% phys dmg taken to cold dmg / 45% phys dmg as extra cold dmg.

This flask gives us around 35% overall dmg as chaos dmg which can poison.

Fast clear speed setup:

Max dps setuo:

Jewels

Useful Unique jewel

If you use Barrage, put two of these jewels on tree (in shadow part) so that you can enjoy high clearing speed.

Use it on tree so that you can use vaal haste more frequently which provides you more clearing speed.

What to look for:

Top Priority:
*Resistance (If you still dont cap resist)
*Energy shield (If you feel your es is low)

Second Priority:
*Area damage (this is double dipping on poison dot)
*Global crit chance
*Spell crit multi
*Attack speed
*Spell damage
*Physical damage

Example jewels

Bandit

SKILL POINT - SKILL POINT - POWER CHARGE

Tree

Pathfinder Ascendancy class.

Base Tree lv76 - click here

For Barrage:
Complete Tree lv100 (Take VP) - click here
Complete Tree lv100 (Dont take VP) - click here

For Shield Charge: (Slightly diff than Barrage version)
Complete Tree lv100 (Take VP) - click here
Complete Tree lv100 (Dont Take VP) - click here

I dont take VP because I use Legacy Vessel of Vinktar.

Feel free to ask here, I will be happy to answer when I'm free.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Aug 20, 2016, 8:02:25 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 3:30:06 AM
Added a Core Run video demo with void battery, some randome amulet, and a decent shield.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694560 ^^

You can say thanks there... it also has a budget section, better defense with Grace and fire about twice as many projectiles.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Last edited by Janus171 on Jul 16, 2016, 8:05:21 AM
"
Janus171 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694560 ^^

You can say thanks there... it also has a budget section, better defense with Grace and fire about twice as many projectiles.

Just checked your post. The only similar thing we have is that we both use bladefall and Glacial cascade, and I feel many people are using these 2 spells combo alrdy. Not just you or me.

Im trying to maximize poison dmg with 3 area spells, I take aoe dmg on tree, linked with iaoe or conc effect which are double dipping. But you cant cause you use EK.

Im achieving to refill all my flasks with 3 multi hit times spells in practical from "10% gain charge when U deal crit", and I proved I can in my video. So that I can rely on flasks almost anytime. But I doubt you can do that with EK in ur 6L. (actually I tried before, and No your setup cant)

For defense part, ah... I can always use Grace instead of anger if I want to. I didnt do that cause I feel flasks give me many defense alrdy. Its pointless to compare defense part cause I can use wat u use.

About the barrage mechanism, pls do some research about it or check my Barrage CoC APS Criterion for some quick result. With 6 projectiles barrage, the breakpoint (cause the cooldown time is 0.05s) is 2.0 aps. Your single target Proc rate will be decreased if you get more than 2.0 aps. (If you cant find any related info on google, I will tell you in more detail how to calculate the breakpoint.)

Besides, when you reach the breakpoint, your single target proc rate will be max. That means
3.0 aps with 4 proj barrage and 2.0 aps with 6 proj barrage are having exactly same single target proc rate. But obviously, In clearing speed, 3.0 aps will be faster than 2.0 aps.

In my case, my stats is exactly 3.0 aps with 4 proj barrage which is better than 2.0 aps with 6 proj barrage in clearing speed part, but we have same single target proc rate. Needless to say, my stats beats urs not only in single target but also in clearing speed. So, you better correct this in your guide to stop misleading people.

Last, about the spells we're using. I suggest you to try bladefall / GC / BV / IAOE first, and you will see how faster speed it does than bladefall/ GC / EK. More precisely, EK only take care of your front direction which bladefall and GC alrdy do. But BV can take care of all monsters around you in different directions. well, its hard to describe, you better try it by urself.

Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 16, 2016, 9:24:38 AM
"

random blabla

Thanks for your replies. Your answer on reddit about scamming people pretty much said everything about you.

Apart from that, my version has Grace for additional defense, the same ES like you and runs a 12-14 projectile barrage. But whatever. Not gonna discuss this with a person like you.

Best of luck in your life.

"
Janus171 wrote:
"

random blabla

Thanks for your replies. Your answer on reddit about scamming people pretty much said everything about you.

Apart from that, my version has Grace for additional defense, the same ES like you and runs a 12-14 projectile barrage. But whatever. Not gonna discuss this with a person like you.

Best of luck in your life.

Alrdy explained in "random blabla" that I could also use grace, and ur 12~14 proj barrage with 2.4 aps is totally wrong investiment which will low down ur proc rate.

hmm on reddit? didnt you say that you want me to get banned bcz of doing scamming? But I said sadly for you, Im still here which means I didnt do shieeet. Thats the logic there. Pls be smarter. (This Topic stop here. If you wanna discuss about the build, sure no problem. But if You wanna trash talk, We can meet at my trading thread. But pls dont bark in my guide.)

Im feel rly sorry for You to choose to be ignorance, or maybe you just pretend not to understand after you found out you are wrong. Anyway, I'll kindly give you some hint. https://goo.gl/9poSZl
Check it pls. As a build guider, you cant mislead ppl with wrong info. you're welcome.

Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 16, 2016, 11:48:53 AM
((1/A)*0.6) / P = Time between projectiles is the formula.

So, assuming we want to run 12 projectiles (Barrage with 2 volley fires) and use the exact cooldown time of 0.05 seconds of barrage, we'd have... oh wow exactly 2 APS so you'd hit every 0.025 seconds, that's twice the cooldown.
With 14 projectiles and 2.5 APS (which is my setup) you'd have it three time within the cooldown.
This totally neglect the fact that movement towards the enemy can influence this, but anyways.

So our main difference is that I prefer more hits over less hits, simply cause you won't always hit (hint: Accuracy on gear) and because you won't always crit (crit gets double checked with accuracy) and because you won't always trigger the spell (70% chance).

Oh btw the crits from barrage refill flasks...

Thanks for reading, now go back to flipping and scamming people with your secondary accounts.

Last edited by Janus171 on Jul 16, 2016, 1:02:45 PM
"
Janus171 wrote:
((1/A)*0.6) / P = Time between projectiles is the formula.

So, assuming we want to run 12 projectiles (Barrage with 2 volley fires) and use the exact cooldown time of 0.05 seconds of barrage, we'd have... oh wow exactly 2 APS so you'd hit every 0.025 seconds, that's twice the cooldown.
With 14 projectiles and 2.5 APS (which is my setup) you'd have it three time within the cooldown.
This totally neglect the fact that movement towards the enemy can influence this, but anyways.

So our main difference is that I prefer more hits over less hits, simply cause you won't always hit (hint: Accuracy on gear) and because you won't always crit (crit gets double checked with accuracy) and because you won't always trigger the spell (70% chance).

Thanks for reading, now go back to flipping and scamming people with your secondary accounts.

Thats the correct formula.

But its pointless to talk about cooldown time in clearing speed case, bcz we always use one barrage to kill a pack. So for clearing speed, the faster ur aps is, the faster ur clearing speed is. I hope you can understand that.

We only talk about cooldown time when we are single targeting a boss which requires us to shoot more than one barrage. That was why I keep saying with 4 proj barrage vs 6 proj barrage. In single targetting, volley fire projs wont hit boss cause they're shoot at diff directions. So the way you calculate was totally wrong.

In my case, I dont use +2 proj enchantment, so my barrage is 4 proj in singletarget.
In your case, you use +2 proj enchantment, so your barrage is 4+2=6 proj in singletarget.
According to the formula, the breakpoint of 4 proj barrage is 3.0 aps.
According to the formula, the breakpoint of 6 proj barrage is 2.0 aps.
Got it?

So even if you had 2.0 aps today, we could have the same single target proc rate. But in clearing speed part, obviously 3.0 aps > 2.0 aps, cause we always use one barrage to kill a pack.

Volley fire wont help in ur singletarget proc rate. It only helps in clearing speed and it does helps a lot. OFC I also use two of them on my tree (4+8=12 proj if you really care about it) but no need to mention about those volley fire projs when you calculating ur single target proc rate.

And again, trash talk or say some disrespect words at the end won't make you become the right side.
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 16, 2016, 1:04:16 PM
just another thread where they come with big prejudice that 'rayamn doesnt know anything about game', but got rekt in the end.

move on. typical another day in poe.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Updated a shield charge playstyle video and related gears/trees.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info