Trucks... My Opionin whats yours

I am sad about news out of Nice and the truck that did so much damage..70+ kills in an instant ...it took Orlando shooter four hours to rack up 50 kills with a AK47..

I'm saddened that one person can destroy the lives of so many. Seems all you need is a key to a truck or car. My issue is the accessibility of obtaining a truck or car. It's extremely easy... For $30-70 you can leave a rental shop fully armed. With little training AND NO BACKGROUND CHECK.

Whether we ban Cars and truck, whether we decide to equip everyone with a with a car or truck... How do we avoid mass drivings? No one yet has a reasonable solution. What goes through a persons thought process to commit such horrors? This is why I'm not a psych major... It's never been a curiosity of mine of how humanity has evolved to be so unpredictable.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 10:22:54 PM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 2:14:03 PM
It felt to me like a M1-A1 Abrams— and sounded like an IFV.

One day after 73 people were killed in the Nice roadkilling, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of commercial assault-style trucks and, hopefully, explain their appeal to truck lovers.

But mostly, I was just terrified.

I’ve driven automobiles before, but never something like an assault truck. Push lightly on the throttle and the resulting explosion of torque is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).
The recoil bruised my lower back, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The traffic signs disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of exhaust and old upholstery made me sick. The horn — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after shifting the gears just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Even with a governor, it is very simple to hit 50 miles per hour before you even know what has happened. If illegally modified to remove the top speed restriction, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your bumper.

All it takes is the will to do it.

Seventy three people can be gone in 60 seconds.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'm going to say something and it's very offensive but it's my thought. Few generations ago we were not scared to call things as they were and point our enemies.

Japan attacked the USA during the WW2, USA not only retaliated but they have made temporary for the Japanese population in the USA to control them in order to avoid terrorism or civil war because there could have been spies or militants of the Japanese fachist Gov in that population.

So now we see so many terrorist attack, more and more each years, all from Islam. I think we should stop being so politically correct and call things as it is. Islam is not a religion of peace and we are clearly at war against radical Islam, and that is part of the Muslim community.

We should start by closing our borders from anyone who could come from these countries and start some serious actions against radical Islam.
"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm going to say something and it's very offensive but it's my thought. Few generations ago we were not scared to call things as they were and point our enemies.

Japan attacked the USA during the WW2, USA not only retaliated but they have made temporary for the Japanese population in the USA to control them in order to avoid terrorism or civil war because there could have been spies or militants of the Japanese fachist Gov in that population.

So now we see so many terrorist attack, more and more each years, all from Islam. I think we should stop being so politically correct and call things as it is. Islam is not a religion of peace and we are clearly at war against radical Islam, and that is part of the Muslim community.

We should start by closing our borders from anyone who could come from these countries and start some serious actions against radical Islam.

The problem with that narrative is as bad as the lefts gun banning. It's just reactionary BS that wont do anything. These killers are not muslim. They are gangsters. They kill more Muslims than anyone. My grandfather and his brother left Afghanistan in the early 1970s under threat of death from these gangsters. He is still muslim today and has owned a bar, a construction company, pays his taxes and vote republican every election. Good American.

Issue is deeper. Has to do with western powers destroying ME, supporting gangsters when it suits them, back gangster bandit Al Sauds Wahhabiism since the 1930s, gangsters using selective interpretations of Islam on resentful people whos family was hit by drone, grinding poverty, or otherwise fucked in the head.

Keep looking for easy solution though. I'm open to anything.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 11:24:11 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The problem with that narrative is as bad as the lefts gun banning. These killers are not muslim. They are gangsters. They kill more Muslims than anyone. My grandfather and his brother left Afghanistan in the early 1970s under threat of death from these gangsters. He is still muslim today and has owned a bar, a construction company, pays his taxes and vote republican every election. Good American.

Issue is deeper. Has to do with western powers destroying ME, supporting gangsters when it suits them, back gangster bandit Al Sauds Wahhabiism since the 1930s, gangsters using selective interpretations of Islam on resentful people whos family was hit by drone, grinding poverty, or otherwise fucked in the head.

My view on Islam has changed over the past few years with everything that has happened, and my last encounter with a Muslim was with a "moderate Muslim" who was celebrating the death of the 49 gay in Orlando because our land should be cleansed from these demons, he was sad he was killed and couldn't kill more. Were his words, more or less. I think religion is the worst thing that was invented by men and what's going on in the world about Islam, is an example of what religion do everywhere. I hope our prime minister will put an halt on his project about welcoming a maximum of Mulsims in our country for the next few years. I won't say ALL Muslims are terrorists, this would be false. But I can tell you that I'm frightened by Muslims and Islam in general, I'm no longer interested in traveling it's getting dangerous.

To be honest right now I would vote for the first politician who would propose some very drastic change in immigration policies.
I've always thought it was stupid how easy it is to get a license to drive and how light the consequences are if you drive recklessly.

I mean you're in a car going over 100 kph. Controlling a multiple tons object around people at high speed. Be a bit distracted and you can kill a whole family and more. It's not like if you were riding your shit bike.

People don't give a shit. They KNOW that the odds of killing people drastically increase when they drive like shit, text while driving, drive drunk etc. yet they still do it. You have to be fucking mental and have no respect for anyone to do so. "Oh yeah, I have a way higher chance of killing someone when I text but I don't care lol!"

Plus the fact that people take it lightly.

John: "I drove dangerously, almost killing a few people today and got a ticket lol."
Mary: "Aww haha that's so silly don't do it again. xD"

That's not a fucking joke.

Penalties should be way harsher. It should require way more training. It should require a higher age (16 years old really? You're still a child. Also no license if you show signs of douchebaggery. We all know the odds of them driving recklessly are way higher).

Nothing I hate more than those dickheads driving like shit and those dumb bikers acting like they own the road.

Throw those trash in jail.
Last edited by Jaille on Jul 14, 2016, 11:35:54 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
The problem with that narrative is as bad as the lefts gun banning.

They're both stupid, although I'm not interested in either ranking them or putting them on an equal level of stupidity.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
These killers are not muslim. They are gangsters. They kill more Muslims than anyone.

There is no nice way to phrase this (and I wish there were, because I like your game related posts): this is bullshit. You can't just define 'Muslim' as, partially, 'someone who doesn't kill other Muslims'.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Issue is deeper.
Yes.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Has to do with western powers destroying ME, supporting gangsters when it suits them, back gangster bandit Al Sauds Wahhabiism since the 1930s, gangsters using selective interpretations of Islam on resentful people whos family was hit by drone, grinding poverty, or otherwise fucked in the head.

You are, again, trying to take Islam off the hook of its responsibility. If you'd rather people not kill in the name of religion, the religious texts shouldn't encourage/demand that their adherents do so.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

We need to completely and totally discredit the concept of theocracy generally, and theocratic dictatorships specifically.

We need to educate and empower women currently oppressed under Wahhabist and Salafist regimes. Generally speaking, women aren't assholes. Especially women with kids. If women are educated, and gain anything approaching basic rights, let alone equal rights, decent secular/progressive values will naturally disseminate over a few generations.

We need to find a resolution to the Israeli...issue. (If I had anything resembling an answer to this that would satisfy all concerned parties I would surely be rich, and consequently on my private boat playing blackjack surrounded by hookers instead of typing this).

We need to discredit the idea that 'religion doesn't change' - religious people need to do this. And on the other side of the coin, non-religious people need to not give into the temptation to call them 'hypocrites' when they do change. The idea that holy books are divinely inspired is the root of a lot of this, because what foul thing CAN'T be justified when the Man Above has decreed something to be so?

The religious need to interpret their way out of the bronze age and into the present. It took centuries for Christianity to do this, and seemingly simple things like paying women an equal wage for equal work STILL DOESN'T HAPPEN IN AMERICA IN 2016. And they had a 700 year head start on Islam. While they're all important, laws which treat women as chattel and apostasy as irredeemable should be at the top of the list for reinterpretation, or from being outright cut.

I know it's a lot of hard work, but someone has to do it. I'd be willing to, actually, but...well...it sounds like you already know how these things sound, period. Let alone coming from a western infidel recommending it to the faithful of the Middle East.
It burns me that people think that taking power away from EVERYONE is the solution to stop lunatics that go on mass killings.

The exact opposite is the truth. If we empower everyone; when lunatics do attack, they can be met with overwhelming power of the individuals who would otherwise be victims.

But on a deeper level, there are reasons people have been driven to homicide. If there world were more peaceful and easy going (through minimum incomes, mass media that propagates positive stories rather than fear/hate, and no tolerance for exclusion and injustice) we would have far less conflict. All the conflict on tv and in the news only fuels the hate and fear. It all becomes a recruitment tool for evil organizations on both sides of the conflict. Its a cycle of hate that cannot be stopped by hate.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
It doesn't matter if its a truck or an AR-15, if it's operated by a radical Muslim, it will kill. Donald has the right idea on what to ban.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
SkyCore wrote:
It burns me that people think that taking power away from EVERYONE is the solution to stop lunatics that go on mass killings.

The exact opposite is the truth. If we empower everyone; when lunatics do attack, they can be met with overwhelming power of the individuals who would otherwise be victims.

But on a deeper level, there are reasons people have been driven to homicide. If there world were more peaceful and easy going (through minimum incomes, mass media that propagates positive stories rather than fear/hate, and no tolerance for exclusion and injustice) we would have far less conflict. All the conflict on tv and in the news only fuels the hate and fear. It all becomes a recruitment tool for evil organizations on both sides of the conflict. Its a cycle of hate that cannot be stopped by hate.

History doesn't agree with the "hate can't stop hate" agreement.

The picture above is not one of love or equitable income distribution.

Germany and Japan are no longer attacking and trying to subjugate the rest of the world. People can pretend that never happened, and live in their own imaginary worlds if they want, but the bad guys in the world aren't going to be reading from the same feel good screenplay.

If someone follows evolutionary theory, they should already know that it isn't survival of the most congenial. Polar bears don't attend sea lion tolerance classes, and the fossil record is full of species that failed to adapt.

Sometime a threat needs to be faced head on.

Adapt or Perish.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 15, 2016, 2:35:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info