Gameplay Help - 1-line answers to common questions.

"
johnKeys wrote:
Spoiler

has it occurred to you, some people do not "build wealth", at any rate?
I have... zero Exalts right now. 1 Divine. in Standard.
seen... 10 Exalts total/ever? in 3.5 years + all leagues combined ...
hilarious haha, right? yes: drop rates can be that fucking abysmal for players who want stuff to actually drop.

and even then - what is an Exalt anyway? it's an orb, that adds one fucking affix to one fucking rare item.
AND there's RNG in that too, so get ready to throw it at an item-level 80 awesome rare that's missing just one thing, and get Thorned or worse: get that one affix you want. lowest tier. +3 life. tro lo lo lo.

If you don't even trade then there's no point complaining about your lack of wealth.

If you do trade, you must either never play or be really really terrible at trading, because building wealth by trading is actually super-easy. I don't "flip" and yet I've seen a total of 23 exalted orbs over the course of _just prophecy league_. I have much less than that at present (3 ex, 6 divines, a few hundred chaos and alchs, a couple thousand jewellers and chroms), because I use that wealth to actually buy shit that's good for my builds (I've made 3 chars this league, all of them are 89+). But trading is easy with the new stash tabs.
It's okay johnKeys! I think they are only teasing him (mocking him? Insulting him? Berating him?) because he complained about it. No one meant to insult your playstyle! I hope cool items have been dropping for you. You seem pretty nice overall.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
It's okay johnKeys! I think they are only teasing him (mocking him? Insulting him? Berating him?) because he complained about it. No one meant to insult your playstyle! I hope cool items have been dropping for you. You seem pretty nice overall.

Mocking is probably accurate. He was treating this topic as his soapbox. If he wants to complain in a way that doesn't fit with the topic's very clear instructions (1-line answers!) he should make his own topic.
"
adghar wrote:

thanks Adghar :)
off thread topic still

but yeah I admit I am a crazy old man still shouting "stuff should actually drop" and "risk reward"... in a game world designed completely around trade.
it was officially stated by Chris - and other devs - numerous times, and the best explanation to why everything is starvation-RNG-layered.
everything... except trade.

I'm also a bloody fool to be honest.
with the amount of Open-Beta-era "legacies" I've got, I probably could get moderately-wealthy if I play this game "as intended"...
NEVER!

@HikaruYami, there's a thing called "respect for other players and how they choose to play".
you and that other guy who mocked Natharias, fail on it. miserably.
EDIT: looking at below post - only you. congrats.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 15, 2016, 12:49:32 PM
"
adghar wrote:

This.

Sorry, force of habit. More of just friendly trolling. Didn't mean for it to be taken so seriously by other members.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why is chaos damage bypassing my ES with shavs and I'm dying at full ES?
It's not. You're getting culled.

I remembered i asked that one on technical forums
"
"
"
Natharias wrote:
Should I play this game?
No.

Why not?
Been playing since August of 2013 and I barely have a few exalted orbs to my name (most good build-enabling items cost at least a few, if not two digit numbers). This game isn't the least bit rewarding.

Dude, you're so bad at this. Read the topic title. Was that one line? No, it was not.

Honestly the more mind blowing part is, is that he's building wealth at the rate of 1 Exalt per year. That's some scary shit.

So why don't you tell me how you build currency AND use currency at the same time.

It takes about ten maps worth of currency just for me to get one item's socket colors the way I want.

It's called "I don't ever get shit yet I'm blessed and cursed with being able to break this game if I ever get my hands on even one item I desire". That's why I used to help people fix or build their own characters. They get the goods, I was one of the few that helped them enjoy it.

In Warhammer: Online, my healer didn't have any items within five levels of his own AND didn't have any tier 3 gear (equivalent to third rarity, so I only had magic and rare gear when everyone else had sets, uniques, and the third tier of magic shit) and yet I was dying less and healing more than the next three healers combined. Oh, and they were all saying my healer class wasn't half as good as any of theirs.

That's just one example of how and why I am the way I am. I know I'm right, I know I'll never get the stuff, I know I'll end up helping people that are total shitbags to me, and I'll know they're wrong.

Not much else for me to do.
"
Natharias wrote:

It's called "I don't ever get shit yet I'm blessed and cursed with being able to break this game if I ever get my hands on even one item I desire". That's why I used to help people fix or build their own characters. They get the goods, I was one of the few that helped them enjoy it.

Now that I think about it, this is a bit interesting. People in this thread interpreted your statement of "few exalts" as "I have only ever earned 2 exalts throughout my years of play." That's probably wrong, right? Because I think you said you spent 8 ex on The Taming. IMO, 8 ex is plenty of income, and probably more than the people in this thread were thinking.

Socket colours are, again in my opinion, one of the "hidden difficulties" of the game. Socket colour bias is really strong, strong enough that people really should consider socket colour when planning their intended main defense, yet some people plan on, say, a CI Melee build with an Int-only Armour that requires at least 2R2G, and expect to obtain it for the same price as a 6B Int-only Armour. I don't know if you're the kind of person who ignores this hidden difficulty (perhaps out of spite, in the opinion that the game developers should never have put it in there in the first place?), but it sure sounds like it if it takes 10 maps worth of currency (is this full clears? blue map? rare map?) to colour one single item. I have been sustaining about 500 chromes saved up from self-found item-filter RGB-linked items and normal chrome drops, which has been more than enough for 1-2 off-colour items with the help of Vorici bench.

(Note that, as of last time I tested, there was a 99.999999% chance that the Vorici calculator was wrong. So that case isn't RNG, it's faulty third-party software!)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 15, 2016, 4:28:54 PM
"
adghar wrote:
Now that I think about it, this is a bit interesting. People in this thread interpreted your statement of "few exalts" as "I have only ever earned 2 exalts throughout my years of play." That's probably wrong, right? Because I think you said you spent 8 ex on The Taming. IMO, 8 ex is plenty of income, and probably more than the people in this thread were thinking.

So it's fine I get maybe 20 exalts in about three years of play when others are getting so much they, quite literally, have done everything in the time I've done two builds?

Nice reasoning. If you can call it that.

"
adghar wrote:
Socket colours are, again in my opinion, one of the "hidden difficulties" of the game. Socket colour bias is really strong, strong enough that people really should consider socket colour when planning their intended main defense, yet some people plan on, say, a CI Melee build with an Int-only Armour that requires at least 2R2G, and expect to obtain it for the same price as a 6B Int-only Armour. I don't know if you're the kind of person who ignores this hidden difficulty...

Stopped reading there. You didn't read my post, why should I read yours?
How do I build currency AND use currency at the same time?
You can't sustain currency without selling stuff. So, learn item values. Also, use the chaos recipe.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info