Upcoming Divination Cards in Content Update 2.3.2

Great for the art department to show off their talents and all but... the more divi-cards in total the more diluted our chances are of getting a full set. Aren't the drop rates of divi-cards fixed low and with more cards come a larger pool to RNG pick from? Yes, I know there are specific cards that can only be found in specific zones or maps so I haven't a clue as to how more cards in total is good for getting any individual set. Just seems like it'll be harder to get complete sets. For example, another thread is about how many maps needing to be run before The Brittle Emperor card drops. The OP said he was at 380 and hoping it was about 500, one said he ran 1185 maps to finally get 1 TBE to drop, and we need 8 to turn in for a Voll's Devotion unique amulet. If I ran 10 maps a day then in 100 days I'll maybe see one of these drop and x 8 so 800 days of playing to get a full set (2.19 years). More insane grind time working as intended by GGG. I'm jaded on all this so it's just anoter illusion of getting anywhere in this arpg. YAWN!!! (sorry... just waking up).

My point is that more divi-cards are just more carrots out on the 49½ pole in front of us that GGG wants us to chase in the never ending grind. To GGG more divi-card is better as the more items of perceived value they dangle out of reach unless we grind play all the time the more chance they have of getting a player to buy something. Don't misunderstand me, I'm all in favor of more ways to acquire some of the high end gear but the time grind has got to have cost GGG millions of players by now so in the end they lose more than they gain in terms of long term players. The most notable lost player due to endless grind for paltry rewards is Kriparian. He was a huge CB PoE player but with each and every patch he realized the time/rewards ratio just was too extreme to justify sinking/wasting any more time into PoE and quit for good.

So GGG is adding more divination cards. Meh {YAWN!!!} in terms of my 20 to 25 hour a week time available to play PoE. Unless drop rates of DCs and other endgame gear are buffed to drop more often it means nothing to us average players.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So GGG is adding more divination cards. Meh {YAWN!!!} in terms of my 20 to 25 hour a week time available to play PoE. Unless drop rates of DCs and other endgame gear are buffed to drop more often it means nothing to us average players.

+1000
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
i noticed that the brittle emperor has a much better drop on wasteland than in dried lake(not only for item quantity from map apparentely). i didn't do more than 70 wasteland and see 3 cards(2 playing solo, 1 on party but not for me). but yes some drops rates really sucks and the reward suck too

maybe on 3.3.0 i'll complete one set :P
Last edited by Abax11 on Jul 14, 2016, 8:31:12 AM
Does Disfavour come with 6S/6L? because really I do not see the point of investing 350 Jews + 350 Vaals and then 1500 fuse + 1500 Vaals. Might as well buy a 6L corrupted straight out.
For future design; might want to rethink creating 6S/linkable CORRupted weapon/chest divination cards!!!
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
"
Promo1987 wrote:
Does Disfavour come with 6S/6L? because really I do not see the point of investing 350 Jews + 350 Vaals and then 1500 fuse + 1500 Vaals. Might as well buy a 6L corrupted straight out.
For future design; might want to rethink creating 6S/linkable CORRupted weapon/chest divination cards!!!

Divination cards are created by supporters. The supporter wanted the item to be corrupted, so it is. Obviously I don't know the motivations behind it; maybe they thought it should be gated behind corruption since it is a guaranteed item instead of you running Atziri over and over (a dangerous proposition itself) trying to get one.

It could also be that they wanted the axe to have a Vaal implicit with the guarantee that it doesn't brick the axe into a rare (the reason for a lot of corruption cards, I imagine).

There is another card for Atziri's Disfavour, but that card is gated behind running The Grandmaster's Hall. Which, if you are in Hardcore, might as well be called The Suicide Hall. Perhaps this new card will drop in a far less risky area (avoiding Atziri and all the PvP builds in Hall). Because of the lowered risk, they thought it was appropriate to corrupt it, sacrificing initial power of socketing/linking for an easier method of obtainment.

Regardless, at the end of the day the creator wanted it, so the creator got it.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jul 14, 2016, 8:46:51 AM
I'm interested in the new currency item. But "the valkyrie" seems like at patch time it'll go for like 2ex each until people realize the chance of getting a headhunter is still "hahah no".

"
Promo1987 wrote:

Of course not. It'll be just like Anarchy's Price. Ever redeemed one of those? You get a guaranteed vaal implicit and you're expected to just rely on body armours for links. I guess if people actually want to use this card, the good mods will be + chaos damage, culling strike, and, of course, + to weapon range. A +2 weapon range atziri's disfavour should go for like 50ex even unlinked. Well, that's nowadays--maybe this card will make it common enough to go down to 20ex in a temp league.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 14, 2016, 8:50:38 AM
Flavour text of the Penitent is god tier
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
card drops... u see artwork for less than a second.. into stash it goes to probably never be seen again. that's my experience with cards
awaiting till my time
Very lovely, Divination cards are such an amazing implementation.
Lucky deck and Formless sea are really cool cards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info