Name a thing that you can do in video games and wish you could also do in real life

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Save points, definitely save points.

cant beat this

Save points just means you have regrets. Weak. Never have regrets. A real man acts best he can with best intentions at the time and space he's in so it's a waste to backtrack. You can say I was wrong though after experience. Also keepin it real. Backtracking just hides ur incompetence like coward.

regrets?

nah, you are getting it wrong. it means that i can do whatever the fuck I want and then I can come back to a savepoint like nothing happened.

Immortality, doing real studies on "how doing X would affect Y in Z situation", etc. (for as long as one keeps the memory of previous game all's fine with me)

You are just looking at it the wrong way. I would use as many of my tries to accomplish everything possible and eventually such a state would be reached where you would have no need for such a system anymore.
Existence is too finite for one playthrough
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 13, 2016, 10:45:41 PM
I wouldn't want to be immortal but I got better things awaiting me.
Git R Dun!
Run through spiky traps and open golden doors
I want to be able to double jump.

When I try to do this in real life it just looks like I'm doing this weird jerking thing in mid air....
Enjoy it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
use Axii on people to make them do what i want. or just be a Witcher 3 IRL in general.
Play it again with many different characters.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Infinite time/Time not passing until I do my next story quest.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Save points just means you have regrets. Weak. Never have regrets.

If you have no regrets that just means you don't care enough, you should never dismiss your mistakes easily or you will never approach perfection. However, beating yourself over the head because of it is another story, it's both lame and harmful.

As an example, most professional sportsmen have a mind trick that helps them file the mistake away so it doesn't affect their next move, they need it because they feel quite strongly about them. When you're shooting some darts in the local club and miss you don't need that kind of trick because you don't regret the mistake (ok, maybe if a round was riding on it).

Savepoints are pretty awesome, it means you will never miss anything important and know when to skip on annoying crap, it also means you, your friends or family will never be hurt by anything that can be prevented. It's also pretty nifty to extend your holiday as much as you like, to see or try some things you missed the first time and you will be able to afford it because playing with stock market or betting will be boring as hell. And the best thing is nobody will know you got a superpower unless you spill the beans or get careless, it will be written off as dumb luck or intuition.

I think the power of save points seems a bit underwhelming because games are a controlled environment so possible outcomes of your actions or random events are very limited, real life is much more unpredictable.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I'm thinking life could do with some way to tweak the audio settings.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info