Name a thing that you can do in video games and wish you could also do in real life

@raics,

To be fair though, "save points" would imply you yourself are also reverted to the state at which you return, leaving you with absolutely no recollection of everything happening after that point.

Which raises the question, could this not already be the case.

It's not to far fetched given current knowledge that multiple days are happening in tandem in which the most desired one is actually experienced by the person.

Most desired one, does not necessarily imply "happy" or "fortunate" either, rather it could be the potential route that allows the person to be alive.

If we assume hypothetically that this happens, then it also works in reverse. Which is a fun thing to contemplate. It would imply the current life your living actually gave birth to life itself originally.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
To be fair though, "save points" would imply you yourself are also reverted to the state at which you return, leaving you with absolutely no recollection of everything happening after that point.

There would be no point to the whole thing if your memories do not go back. If you think about it, save points aren't really much different than premonition, but there's one thing - premonition supplies you with all possible outcomes of which you pick the preferred one. With save points you need to live through each one, you don't know the outcome of your actions in advance and you will never pick a course of action you wouldn't normally be able to think of.

It may seem inferior at first glance but I think experiencing more things than you normally do is the true value behind it. A man with premonition lived no more than his normal life span, a checkpoint man would likely have a mind two or three times as old and a greater wealth of knowledge and skills.
It would be an interesting experiment for sure, who knows if a normal human mind could handle that kind of stress at all, maybe dying just once would unhinge it completely. I suppose it depends on what kind of life he lives, but an extraordinary man might be capable of leading an ordinary life as much as a fish is capable of not swimming.

Yeah, these special abilities are one big double edged sword, a man that can fly would soon probably forget how to use his legs.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 14, 2016, 5:55:58 AM
open the admin console,....
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
^It would be a slow and painful road towards voluntary suicide.

And i say suicide, because the eventual result which would be abandoning the power and simply growing old, would be an act of suicide since you have the means to ignore dying itself.

I am more inclined to call "save points" a curse instead of a beneficial power.

Striping the intrinsic meaning of every day events and actions hollows the entire core of the experience, which would lead to depression.

Humoring ourselves and ignoring the mental volatility of keeping track which memory's are active in the actual time you are experiencing.

Anyway i'm rambling :), apologies for that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Right, I don't think there's any real danger of getting stuck in repeating a month or a year all over again for eternity, you'd eventually get beside yourself with boredom and advance your timeline in the end. It's kinda strange that man has always dreamed of eternal life, even if we could live for a millennium it doesn't seem likely that many would last longer than two or thee hundred years. I firmly believe there's a failsafe somewhere in us against that, a human is still very much an animal that will reluctantly abandon its natural cycle.

Anyway, I'd still very much like to try, it would probably be more interesting than flying in the long run and if it gets cumbersome there's always a way out, it's a curse that is easy to lift.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
  • Eat 50 wheels of cheese and 10 loaves of bread without being sick or gaining any weight.
  • /ignore

"
Bars wrote:
Enjoy it.

Awww.

"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jul 14, 2016, 9:08:40 AM
Find containers of money just randomly everywhere
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Find containers of money just randomly everywhere

imagine what that would do to the economy. somehow i don't think the treasure imps would be able to keep up with the people trying to get the treasure.

this new pokimon go business is pretty proof positive that masses of people doing the same thing can accomplish a lot... or nothing.
start again/new game
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Jul 14, 2016, 10:52:40 AM
Saving and loading system

-can be used anytime, even after death
-you are not restricted to one save file

"
C1111 wrote:
start again/new game

Feels...

also let me customize my character when staring, instead of just relying on RNG and being stuck with bad stats

Spoiler
meh, actually just a "exit game" option (no, it's not the same as purposely killing your character)
Last edited by Coal48 on Jul 14, 2016, 12:27:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info