[2.5] Saltizard's Raging Summoner [CI SRS]

"
toxohut wrote:
Do you have anything else then Kiara's Determination for dealing with stun?

well there's skyforth if you get rich, but in general, just Kiara, you can go with a Valyrium too
"
toxohut wrote:
Eye of Chayula
v1tAm1n^
A cheaper solution instead of Syforths or a lvl3 Enligten can be a reduced hatred (or other aura) reservation hubris. They go at 20c right now.

mine's pretty shitty i know
"
Nasferatus wrote:
"
toxohut wrote:
Eye of Chayula

yeah, that's possible but i'd prefer a valyrium over a chayula cause a blue pearl amulet with a mana roll is a HUGE source of manareg and it helps a lot

"
eirc wrote:
A cheaper solution instead of Syforths or a lvl3 Enligten can be a reduced hatred (or other aura) reservation hubris. They go at 20c right now.

mine's pretty shitty i know

lvl 2 enlighten and around 1.8k mana pool can be enough also, take a slightly lower level clarity if need be, but yeah, didn't think about this, that's a solution too
I wanted to use SRS for the first time, so I played this build until level 90 in (Breach League; bow version) and here's my review for anyone interested:

Pros:
Spoiler
• Very strong
• Fun to play once you're set up.
• Fast & clean - Spirits clean up corners and irregular topology (eg. docks in Quay, levels in Beacon).
• Free mapping - In 2.5 "Smothering" maps don't affect mana anymore, and "Hemomancy" (BM) is gone, so with a backup Mana Flask for "Statis" (no regen) you can do any map.
• Most bosses - Are trivial. You can farm Breachlords and Atziri at will.

Cons:
Spoiler
• Not beginner friendly - Requires smart flask usage and precise gearing.
• Still summoner - Annoying spectre/zombie raising and micromanagement.
• Kinda hard to gear - Gotta manage STR, DEX, resists, mana regen and gem levels.
• Somewhat fragile - Even with high ES, you're very dependent on your meatshield and flasks.
• Not really cheap - Unless you get lucky when crafting your weapon.
• Few bosses - Are not worth fighting. More on that below.

I did different:
Spoiler
• Spell Echo ► Ele Focus - Still better for map clearing and damage is already good, so I don't even bother swaping for bosses.

• Added Fire Damage ► Empower L3 - Added Fire brings more damage than Empower 3. Use it until you have an Empower 4 or 5.

• Blink Arrow ► Flame Dash - I don't trust flame dash.

• Energy From Within - Dropped one. Tried it. Liked it. Kept it.

• Flasks - Kiara plays a huge role in this build, and it needs to be up more often. So I'm using an extra anti-freeze and sometimes The Overflowing Chalice for fast recharge. I also recommend a Quartz flask for safety (phasing).

I should've done different:
Spoiler
• Valyrium ► Kiara - Relying on a flask that consumes 40 of 60 charges on use for stun protection doesn't work for me; specially if your meatshield dies and you have to run for your life. Plus, Valyrium is ridiculously cheap. Chayula is not worth the amulet slot; Blue Pearl amulet is kind of a big deal.

Tips for gearing:
Spoiler
• STR/DEX - You'll need 111 str and 155 dex to level gems up to 20. Use Soul Strike (dex), gloves (dex), belt (str) and big nodes in the tree. If that's not enough you can craft your acessories, but I would save them for ES.

• BBBRRR 6L +3 Bow - Every part of this description is a nightmare. 6 links, 6 off colors, and a level 8 master meta-crafting. Skip some trouble by buying one halfway done (or ready to go).

• Pledge of Hands - Get a 5L one until you fix your bow right.

The wall:
Spoiler
I managed to kill all Guardians of the Shaper. Hydra and Phoenix have attack routines and somewhat stationary adds. Positioning makes these encounters really easy.

Now Minotaur and Chimera can be trouble. The thing is your meatshield (even spectres) will die at some point and the boss will come for you. Resummoning is useless, you can't outrun them and Kiara has a single use (if that). To make matters worse, the lightning barriers on Maze of the Minotaur slow down your Raging Spirits, building a dike.

My workaround is to swap Inc Duration for a Decoy Totem to build distance between me and the boss, spamming spirits non-stop. You might wanna keep Melee Splash in to deal with Chimera adds, since the boss itself is the easy part (I also recommend an additional Quicksilver for the mist phase).

I didn't face Shaper. I'd lose my meatshield and wouldn't be able to defend Zana, dying to the purple shit everytime. I'm sure he's killable, but it's probably not worth it at this stage (19/20 gems, Empower 2).
Last edited by ovogancho on Apr 21, 2017, 8:18:19 PM
Hey!

Leveling this build right now, and loving it.

Quick question:

For HC, how do you think "Flesh Binder" ascendancy node would compare to the 2 little nodes you get?

I feel like 6% DR is pretty significant (I think it's 6% from the tree).

Thanks!
Hi! How to craft +3 fire bow?
"
IFreakyBoy wrote:
Hi! How to craft +3 fire bow?

You need to use a Shrieking Essence of Rage on a white bow ilvl 50+ (I strongly recommend Crude Bow since it's easier to offcolour), and hope for an open suffix AND an open prefix (your bow must have only 4 attributes). Then, you craft "Cannot roll attack mods" on it (Catarina lv 8), so the only mod you can get using an exalt, is +1 to "Level of Socketed Gems".
Has anyone mathed out what's better in the bow, Empower +2 or Added Fire (before you corrupt the Empower)?
Just finished my bow today, so haven't had any time to figure it out.
Hi, i play SRS firt time with base this guide.
I kill all Breachlord and gardian.
The +3Bow do a real différence about dps.
I've SRS 21/20 to.

What i do different:

For EE, i use ARC Q20 (20% shock) + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble + Elementak Weakness.
Sure i take the +1 curse node. Only use on BigBoss.

I don't take No stun Item or Stun Base on ES, that is the bad point of my gear. But i've 11.5k ES, i don't die a lot.

Profil (Beta):
http://poe-profile.info/profile/masterbt/MisterBT

With the Bow +3 are so strong? Cause the +1 affect your empower and get one more lvl to SRS
Then if SRS lvl 20 and empower 3: your SRS are lvl 27
If SRS 21 and empower 4: lvl 29
DPS gain per level is strong!

Good build.

i think i replay it to 2.6 SSF now thanks to make me discover this Build.
IGN: MasterBT_waxa or Master_BT or Boucher_Magicien

Rampage: Axe 1h 409 pDps to Mirror
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1054814

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info