[2.4] LA/Barrage Voltaxic Assasin/Raider Updated to AoW

Interesting build but it seems, although I have tried to follow it carefully, I have manage to screw it up somehow. If you could take a look at the tree and gear and tell me where did I go wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEA5YNjQ-rFr8ZiiF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLMHEwfDH6OdQ6QjsoQzFKfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1VLW69d8l-wYENh4mVNbWxuPW-eb_JwUnXLdvd3B3tufXV_K4MJhMWGzocTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY1-jb-PYJcGm7WcpKCfoSKjiqYyqHKxW7e2uXy74702vqfA48EzwUnDOsSiyNzKStN-1CPWit2o45_nVOpi7LDuDu968bP8xf66_94=

Gear
Spoiler

Stats for reference
Spoiler

The think is, I notice that my damage is still rather low, although the tooltip dps is around 9k (up to close to 20k with charges and buffs), it still doesn't feel like it. Since a lot of the times the arrows miss or do not crit dealing (crit. chance is around 70% without charges) there are regular deep drops on the damage with sudden outbursts.
This also leads me to ran out of mana all the time, especially since the leech is based on the physical damage which is rather low (62-169).
An other problem is that I only have around 2.5k life. And although there are quite a few nodes I haven't taken yet (giving priority to crit chance), it still feels like they wont be enough for a comfortable gameplay against bosses (normal mobs are not a big deal, but bosses are and especially in cases like labyrinth when they really can't be skipped, it becomes a problem).
In general I have to say, it feels like the build is too stretched out, so much in passives as much as in items. It kinda feels like I can't miss any of passive node if I want to work properly but in to cover them all, you need to be nearly 100... Likewise on the items, it feels like it really needs a lot of extra mods like weapon elemental damage, crit chance and multiplier as well as the usual resistances and life. It's not only that such items can be expensive but since we need them to be very specific, they are also very limit in availability. What I mean is that I could find a ring that covers my needs in resistances and has weapon elemental damage but it wont have life or critical chance on it.

Like I said, there is a very high possibility I am doing something wrong but so far I can't get this build to really become a viable option unless you just run low level maps and skip their bosses. Any feedback to fix these issues is much appreciated.
Last edited by talsiber on Aug 3, 2016, 12:03:16 PM
From what I can see, you are missing 62% life from the passive tree, 2 jewel sockets (potentially 14% additional life), you are only level 67 and you have got very poor life rolls / crafts on your gear.

Things can only get better.

You have too much mana leech from passives, it's very strange that you are running out of mana. The .4 hybrid node in the vitality / spirit void cluster is usually more than enough to sustain mana, I think the problem is your damage is very low. This is why:

1. You are low level and still missing some damage passives / jewel sockets
2. Your Voltaxic has a horrible damage roll, sadly
3. Your amulet has no crit chance / wed / flat lightning
4. One of your rings has low wed, no flat damage on a coral base
5. The other ring has nice wed, still no flat btw
6. You are missing the deadeye sub-ascendancy which provides 30% chance to pierce (this means 30% free projectile damage via drillneck) and an additional projectile (even more damage)
7. You are on a 5 link and missing the most important support gem by a large degree, which is Added Lightning damage
8. Your current LA's supports are not level-capped and / or 20 quality
9. Missing jewel sockets are still a thing, usually they provide a good damage boost
10. Your wrath is only lvl 16, it scales very well at higher levels

Keep in mind this checklist, it should help you to gradually fix your damage / survivability issues.

:)
Last edited by djnat on Aug 3, 2016, 12:30:46 PM
"
talsiber wrote:
Interesting build but it seems, although I have tried to follow it carefully, I have manage to screw it up somehow. If you could take a look at the tree and gear and tell me where did I go wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEA5YNjQ-rFr8ZiiF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLMHEwfDH6OdQ6QjsoQzFKfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1VLW69d8l-wYENh4mVNbWxuPW-eb_JwUnXLdvd3B3tufXV_K4MJhMWGzocTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY1-jb-PYJcGm7WcpKCfoSKjiqYyqHKxW7e2uXy74702vqfA48EzwUnDOsSiyNzKStN-1CPWit2o45_nVOpi7LDuDu968bP8xf66_94=

Gear
Spoiler

Stats for reference
Spoiler

The think is, I notice that my damage is still rather low, although the tooltip dps is around 9k (up to close to 20k with charges and buffs), it still doesn't feel like it. Since a lot of the times the arrows miss or do not crit dealing (crit. chance is around 70% without charges) there are regular deep drops on the damage with sudden outbursts.
This also leads me to ran out of mana all the time, especially since the leech is based on the physical damage which is rather low (62-169).
An other problem is that I only have around 2.5k life. And although there are quite a few nodes I haven't taken yet (giving priority to crit chance), it still feels like they wont be enough for a comfortable gameplay against bosses (normal mobs are not a big deal, but bosses are and especially in cases like labyrinth when they really can't be skipped, it becomes a problem).
In general I have to say, it feels like the build is too stretched out, so much in passives as much as in items. It kinda feels like I can't miss any of passive node if I want to work properly but in to cover them all, you need to be nearly 100... Likewise on the items, it feels like it really needs a lot of extra mods like weapon elemental damage, crit chance and multiplier as well as the usual resistances and life. It's not only that such items can be expensive but since we need them to be very specific, they are also very limit in availability. What I mean is that I could find a ring that covers my needs in resistances and has weapon elemental damage but it wont have life or critical chance on it.

Like I said, there is a very high possibility I am doing something wrong but so far I can't get this build to really become a viable option unless you just run low level maps and skip their bosses. Any feedback to fix these issues is much appreciated.

First off i want to apologize for not making a leveling tree.
This would have prevented you from making the few mistakes that now makes you feel like you're struggeling.
But not to worry. with a few changes to tree, few changes in setup and new jewellry you'll be back on track and breezing through levels.

◘ Change your tree to this https://goo.gl/jQLiWu it'll cost you 12 points but its necessary.

◘ Switch out Increased Critical Strike Chance gem for Added Lightning Damage

◘ You're in desperate need of jewellry upgrades. Dont worry about crit chance on amulet. Get life and the resistances you need on rings and amu to be capped and then make sure you have flat lightning damage on them aswell or craft flat lighning damage with elreon.

◘ Make sure you have Static Electricity jewel equipped between scion and ranger. (I don't know if you already have it equipped.)

Theese 4 changes will get you back on track.

Get Vaal Pact next time you level.

Then i would personally get the rest of the life nodes before getting the dps nodes. When leveling past 80 I find it more satisfying to see your dps jump higher and higher every time you level than getting 150 extra life.

Run Dried Lake until lvl 70-75. Then jump in to maps.

Keep in mind that your dps will get buffed a lot every time Added Lightning gem and Wrath gem level up.

If you got any more questions or if there's anything i've missed lmk and i'll get back to you.

Videos added.
Added Leveling Guide/Trees
You mention to only spec into Deadeye when we get acuity. However if I don't plan to run acuity then what would be the 3rd and 4th ascendancy that you would choose?
"
Hellsmith wrote:
You mention to only spec into Deadeye when we get acuity. However if I don't plan to run acuity then what would be the 3rd and 4th ascendancy that you would choose?

"
Axug wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

Thank you Axug!
can you update with a level by level skilltree, so we know what to take first in the skilltree or is this a level 98 exclusive build?

NVM
Set sail for epic fail
Last edited by Plaguetongue1 on Aug 4, 2016, 4:47:03 PM
Hi there..... can we switch to Deadeye if we use Frenzy + crit chance + power charge on crit + greater multiple? or Raider is a must without Acuity? .... again back to the LAB boss.... my dps is 40k dps.... but still pain the a$$ cause that boss resist ele and chaos.... :((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info