[2.4] LA/Barrage Voltaxic Assasin/Raider Updated to AoW

"
Fantastic guide! Looks really interesting. I've been running basically the same concept as Deadeye since Perandus. What made you prefer this? (I do have some clue as to how many quality of life concepts this build entails but I'm curious)

Must say this could be a winner for this league.

TY
It's definetly not the strongest build this league. It's not gonna be the build everyone plays.
Atleast i don't think so.

Deadeye was the go to ascendancy in Perandus. It had 50% pierce chance.

In Prochecy the pierce chance got nerfed to 30%. I only used Deadeye in Prochecy because i had Acuity which meant i could run bloodrage for frenzy charge generation. and i still sat pretty comfortably at 90% chance to pierce. 50% from gem 30% from deadeye and 10% from drillneck.

This league im skipping out on Acuity, which means i have to pick up Vaal Pact and do something else for frenzy charge generation. that's why im picking up Raider. Raider also gives onslaught on full charges so it makes up for the att speed loss from blood rage.
I'll have 100% pierce chance this way aswell. 50% from tree and 50% from gem and +1 arrow from drillneck.

I like everything automated and this way lets me have no skill setups for charge generation.
This still lets me play with one hand.
Last edited by Axug on Sep 2, 2016, 12:16:12 PM
"
Axug wrote:

It's definetly not the strongest build this league. It's not gonna be the build everyone plays.
Atleast i don't think so.

This is very true, but I'd still call it a win. I do like picking up a voltaxic for a couple of chaos early on while everyone does vortex/insert current "meta". Price was a joke in prophecy, albeit I only played the first month.

"
Axug wrote:

This league im skipping out on Acuity, which means i have to pick up Vaal Pact and do something else for frenzy charge generation. that's why im picking up Raider. Raider also gives onslaught on full charges so it makes up for the att speed loss from blood rage.
I'll have 100% pierce chance this way aswell. 50% from tree and 50% from gem and +1 arrow from drillneck.

Yeah, I really like what you've put together here. I was planning to simply do another deadeye, pick up ricochet this time and drop pierce entirely for slow proj in the setup (been using rare quivers for crit multi and wed anyway). But this whole concept is just so tightly knit together, and as you pointed out not having to use any setups for charge generation is fantastic. Might just have to go for this.

"
Axug wrote:

I like everything automated and this way lets me have no skill setups for charge generation.
This still lets me play with one hand.

That's just what makes it so beautiful.
Last edited by Oscer on Sep 2, 2016, 12:43:05 PM
"
Yeah, I really like what you've put together here. I was planning to simply do another deadeye, pick up ricochet this time and drop pierce entirely for slow proj in the setup (been using rare quivers for crit multi and wed anyway). But this whole concept is just so tightly knit together, and as you pointed out not having to use any setups for charge generation is fantastic. Might just have to go for this.

Thx man, I appreciate the kind words. :)
Lvl 83 so far. I haven't been able to play much because of work/classes. Running T4-6 maps right now.

LA tooltip is 25 k atm. oneshots packs. 4 link BR destroys bosses. Life is good.

Current Gear:

Spoiler
can anyone explain me how do i use vaal haste and vaal grace, and auras, how do i fit them in to hotbar?
"
darkowozzd97 wrote:
can anyone explain me how do i use vaal haste and vaal grace, and auras, how do i fit them in to hotbar?

Left Click - Move only
Middle Button - Wrath, HoI, Ice Golem
Right Click - LA
Q - BR
W - Blink Arrow
E - Decoy Totem
R - Vaal Haste
T - Vaal Grace

Thats my setup.
Aint elemental reflect problem for you :O?
"
Puuk wrote:
Aint elemental reflect problem for you :O?

Nope.

60% of dmg is chaos.
I'm running 15% ele ref with LA tooltip dps of 45k,
Even running into an ele reflect rare in an ele reflect map isnt a problem.

Will have to see once i get to red maps if the 18% reflect is a problem.
I'm expecting to hit 150k tooltip like last league and then it might be a bit dodgy in red maps.
Hi there,

I haven't been playing POE for over an year and am looking to come back, I was playing tornado shot.

In your guide you mentioned single target setup, would changing lightning arrow to tornado shot be the ideal choice? How would tornado shot fit the build you have here?

Also, how would windripper perform compared to voltaxic rift in your own experience??

Thank you.
"
a6140223 wrote:
Hi there,

I haven't been playing POE for over an year and am looking to come back, I was playing tornado shot.

In your guide you mentioned single target setup, would changing lightning arrow to tornado shot be the ideal choice? How would tornado shot fit the build you have here?

Also, how would windripper perform compared to voltaxic rift in your own experience??

Thank you.

Im using Lighning Arrow for aoe clear and Blast Rain on bosses. If i where to make a Tornado shot build i would probably go for a phys build instead of elemental.
I haven't played phys tornado shot since Torment League and i have no basis for telling you what to do, i simply don't know which nodes are better than the other. i have an idea of it. but havent tested it.

As for windripper, it's a perfectly good bow. The main difference between Voltaxic and windripper tree is you dont need as many crit nodes while using windripper. you would pick up Forces of Nature, Arcing Blows and Crackling Speed. Another thing to note is you loose the 60% conversion to chaos and therefor might oneshot yourself to reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info