Is it possible ...

Is possible to use 3 flasks at ones with one button on keyboard?
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2016, 4:12:21 PM
Hi there,

I'm afraid that anything which allows you to perform multiple actions with a single key press (such as 3 flasks with 1 button) is actually against our Terms of Service, and wouldn't be something we can allow.

In general, macros are allowed, as long as one key press translates into a single action, and isn't automated/on a timer.

A macro to exit the game would be OK, but a macro to hit multiple flasks at once would not be.
"
Brian_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

I'm afraid that anything which allows you to perform multiple actions with a single key press (such as 3 flasks with 1 button) is actually against our Terms of Service, and wouldn't be something we can allow.

In general, macros are allowed, as long as one key press translates into a single action, and isn't automated/on a timer.

A macro to exit the game would be OK, but a macro to hit multiple flasks at once would not be.

What Brian is basically saying is that all we can do is rebind keys. A single action on our account means one action in game.

An old example would be a button that performed "/oos", which is no longer necessary since GGG fixed desync. "/oos" resynced the game and was considered one action.

I cannot think of anything right now that you could use a macro for and not have to worry about it.

Edit:

Actually, come to think of it, I think using a single key for "/hideout" might be something someone would want to use. But I just use the waypoint itself.
Last edited by Natharias on Jul 9, 2016, 5:34:14 PM
The actions that aren't allowed are server-side actions. Moving the mouse and pressing keys aren't server-side actions, they're client side actions. Pressing a key usually corresponds to server-side action, though; but not in the case of typing. EDIT: See discussion below, this 'server side' rule might not be the case

So, a macro which moves your mouse cursor to a pre-set location, then uses a skill, would be allowed. EDIT: See discussion below, this may not be allowed.

------------------------
PS: Is 'shift + skill' one server-side action, or two? A macro which holds down shift for you seems like it would be really useful.
Also, would a 'shift-lock'-style macro be ok?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 9, 2016, 9:49:59 PM
"
Brian_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you.
Price of Razer mouse just dropped I guess...
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The actions that aren't allowed are server-side actions. Moving the mouse and pressing keys aren't server-side actions, they're client side actions. Pressing a key usually corresponds to server-side action, though; but not in the case of typing.

So, a macro which moves your mouse cursor to a pre-set location, then uses a skill, would be allowed.

No, that's not allowed.

First time i hear about this "server-side" idea, never seen it mentioned by GGG. Given you used the logic to argue for a macro which is not allowed, i'm skeptical about the idea.

Edit: source. See
Passives Zoom Out:
Example 1 illegal (too many actions). Move mouse to slider location, left click.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 9, 2016, 8:51:24 PM
"
unsane wrote:
First time i hear about this "server-side" idea, never seen it mentioned by GGG. Given you used the logic to argue for a macro which is not allowed, i'm skeptical about the idea.

I was basing my knowledge on Rob_GGG's reply a couple of weeks ago:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694310/

"
Rob_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

Unfortunately this would not be allowed. We do not allow macros that perform more then one server side action.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!

Maybe moving the mouse is a server-side action, though? I'll edit my post just in case.
"
A macro to exit the game would be OK

you should really change this, if this was illegal hundreds and hundreds of players would finally complain about the rippy damage
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
xrook wrote:
"
A macro to exit the game would be OK

you should really change this, if this was illegal hundreds and hundreds of players would finally complain about the rippy damage

Those people would just press alt+f4 though, or even play windowed and click the 'X' at the top of the screen. Like all the people who don't use macros can do now...
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 10, 2016, 12:28:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info