So, I thought Less Duration was supposed to affect poison and bleed duration.

"
Rafein wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison

The base damage per second dealt by a given application of poison equals 10% of the combined physical and chaos damage dealt by the hit which applied that particular instance of poison.[1]

As a damage over time effect, poison's damage can be affected positively or negatively by some damage stats. Notably, stats modifying spell damage and attack damage do not apply to poison as poison is not a spell or attack.[4] The following stats will directly affect the damage of poison; note that some of these stats apply only to the poison whereas some may also apply to the skill that triggered it:

Damage over Time
Poison Damage
Damage
Chaos Damage
Area Damage if applied by an Area skill[5][6]
Projectile Damage if applied by a Projectile skill[1]
Trap Damage if applied by a Trap
Mine Damage if applied by a Mine
Totem Damage if applied by a Totem
Minion Damage if applied by a Minion

As Voidheart is causing the poison/bleed, only the first 4 apply.

Again, that is entirely incorrect, and extremely easy to test. Obviously with voidheart there can be no projectile/mine/trap/minion, but it's extremely easy to see Concentrated Effect modifies the poison damage directly (as well as modifying the base via the damage of the hit), and I'm sure totem damage passives would as well. Voidheart is not the 'cause' of anything, it's still the skill that triggers the poison.
Please add your testings to the OP, because if correct that's good baseline material for GGG.

Did you try grabbing a duration cluster from the passive tree btw?

Anyhow, if it doesn't function like i explained it, then it is probably bugged and you might do well to make a bug report in the appropriate section.

Good luck with getting this sorted.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
*updated OP with results of testing*
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 8, 2016, 7:54:45 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Please add your testings to the OP, because if correct that's good baseline material for GGG.

Did you try grabbing a duration cluster from the passive tree btw?

Anyhow, if it doesn't function like i explained it, then it is probably bugged and you might do well to make a bug report in the appropriate section.

Good luck with getting this sorted.

Peace,

-Boem-

yeah, i did one quick test picking up a skill duration cluster, does apply to poison from both the support and Voidheart, doesn't affect bleed.
For reference, this is my post on page 28 of the mechanics Q&A topic:

"
mark1030 wrote:
Mark, thanks for this thread. My question is about the duration of bleed and poison from items. I'm using snakebite gloves that inflict poison when at max frenzy charges. Can the poison duration be increased by Increased Skill Effect Duration passives? What are the default durations of bleed and poison from items? Here is a post where testing didn't seem to match what the wiki says for the default durations: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678470

Edit: Also, does the more damage multiplier from the frenzy charges apply to the poison damage over time or just to the hit that poisons?

Thanks!

I think Mark still has quite a few pages of questions before he gets to mine.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 8, 2016, 8:10:33 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:

Well, I think it's safe to extrapolate my finding on Voidheart's poison into assuming Snakebite's would be affected in the same manner.

As for the frenzy charges, yes, the 'more damage' is supposed to affect DoT effects, which would mean they double-dip for poison/bleed/ignite.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 8, 2016, 8:14:13 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Well, I think it's safe to extrapolate my finding on Voidheart's poison into assuming Snakebite's would be affected in the same manner.

As for the frenzy charges, yes, the 'more damage' is supposed to affect DoT effects, which would mean they double-dip for poison/bleed/ignite.
Hopefully his answer will acknowledge whether or not skill duration modifiers are supposed to work with item generated poison and bleed.
I skipped most of this thread, but I'm going to put in my vote of confidence that this is a bug.

Like you said, Poison and Bleeding are both considered Skill Effects even when granted by items, because the item adds the stat to the Skill. So Less Duration truly should be affecting P/B duration.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Since Mark hadn't gotten to my question yet and I've learned some new information here, I modified my question:

"
mark1030 wrote:
Mark, thanks for this thread. Since you haven't yet responded to my question, I've modified the way I asked it. Hope that doesn't pose a problem.

My question is about the duration of bleed and poison from items. I'm using snakebite gloves that inflict poison when at max frenzy charges. Here is a post where testing didn't seem to match what the wiki says for the default durations: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678470. Can you please clarify the base durations for bleed and poisons including distinctions if it matters what the source is (besides the obvious modified durations from Puncture and Viper Strike)?

And here is another thread where testing seemed to show inconsistencies with duration modifiers: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698604. It looks like Increased Duration Support increases poison duration but Less Duration Support does not lessen it. I guess in summary my question is: Is the duration of bleed and poison attached to skills via items supposed to be modifyable by passives and/or gems supporting the skill that applied the bleed/poison?

Thanks!
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 9, 2016, 10:12:57 AM
Have you guys tried posting the question on reddit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info