So, I thought Less Duration was supposed to affect poison and bleed duration.

Cuz it totally doesn't. I got EQ-Voidheart with Less Duration and my bleed still lasts a full 5 seconds and the poison lasts the full 2.

No wonder EQ+voidheart is such hot shit right now, the duration mechanics as GGG has explained them *should* kill EQ's ability to use bleed/poison efficiently, but it doesn't diminish it at all.

Edit: So, after doing some testing (which is detailed more closely in the last post of the 2nd page), I've come to some interesting mechanical interactions.

First, bleed is not affected by ANY duration mods (besides temp chains, which isn't *really* a direct duration mod), be they increased or reduced/less, support gem or passive. The exception is bleed from Puncture, which has its duration modified by those mechs just as one would expect.

Second, poison's duration is increased by both the Increased Duration Support and by similar passives, regardless of whether the poison comes from the Poison Support or from item/passive sources like Voidheart.

Third, poison's duration is NOT affect by Less Duration (at least the 'Less' effect, don't have a quality Less Duration to test with), regardless of whether the poison came from the Poison Support or from item/passive sources like Voidheart. Like Puncture, Viperstrike is the exception here, it is modified by duration mods both positive and negative exactly as one would expect it to be.

So yeah, stop giving me the those reasons of 'Less Duration is local/support, not global' or 'Voidheart isn't 'linked' to EQ'; they are incorrect.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 8, 2016, 8:03:07 PM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2016, 10:30:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Shppy wrote:
Cuz it totally doesn't. I got EQ-Voidheart with Less Duration and my bleed still lasts a full 5 seconds and the poison lasts the full 2.

No wonder EQ+voidheart is such hot shit right now, the duration mechanics as GGG has explained them *should* kill EQ's ability to use bleed/poison efficiently, but it doesn't diminish it at all.

Kinda makes me wonder if that whole 'poison applied by chaos skills gets increased duration from Breath of the Council' from the Q&A thread is wrong too.

Unless I'm mistaken, bleed/poison is not a skill effect but a status effect. The gem clearly says it reduces skill effect duration only.
Less duration support only modifies what is linked to it, not everything.

Poison and Bleed are coming from Voidheart ring
"
Rafein wrote:

GGG has stated that duration modifiers are supposed to affect poison and bleed in various Q&As. Being from a support gem linked to the relevant skill or from other global sources should be irrelevant.
If you were using the poison support gem I'm sure it would be affected. The ring is not linked to less duration however.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
If you were using the poison support gem I'm sure it would be affected. The ring is not linked to less duration however.

It shouldnt matter - bleed and poison are skill effects, and are affected by skill duration, that's all. Or should be, at least. If they arent, then it's a bug.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

GGG has stated that duration modifiers are supposed to affect poison and bleed in various Q&As. Being from a support gem linked to the relevant skill or from other global sources should be irrelevant.
Can you link just one of these various q&as were they said this? I've never seen it and in fact asked the question in the mechanics thread but Mark hasn't gotten to it yet. As far as I can tell, duration of bleed and poison from items can't be modified. Only ones caused by skills.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Reduced duration support reduces the duration of linked skills, the bleed coming from voidheart is not a linked skill and therefore will not be reduced by the reduced duration support.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Can you link just one of these various q&as were they said this? I've never seen it and in fact asked the question in the mechanics thread but Mark hasn't gotten to it yet. As far as I can tell, duration of bleed and poison from items can't be modified. Only ones caused by skills.

Poison and Talisman Q&A:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Do increased skill effect duration nodes and support gems increase poison duration?

Yes, they do.

The recent mechanics Q&A (and the phrasing of the answer is the key part):

"
Chris wrote:

The new unique Breath of the Council, does the "Increased duration of chaos damage skills" apply to poison applied by those skills?

Poison is modified by skill duration modifiers, so yes.

i guess bleed isn't mentioned in the Q&As, though i believe i've seen that mentioned elsewhere by GGG, it should work the same.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 8, 2016, 6:20:42 PM
The difference is global duration and local.

passive tree duration modifiers and item modifiers are global, skill gems are local.
(unless the item specifically states so)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info