Caption the Screenshot Competition Winners!

I agree, most of the "winners" were awful. 99 pages of content to pick from and this crap is what was best?
Last edited by AltZeon on Jul 7, 2016, 3:44:04 AM
Really bad contest.. did it for fun not expecting to win anything.. Sorry for those that worked a lot on this and got this awfull winners lol
Fuck that mine is still the best FABULOUS :^)

"
Fifth2301 wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
Most of those are pretty bad.

that,

"
MyH4o wrote:
Maybe I'm stupid but what is any good with the 3rd TOP? It's pretty terrible imo.
Gz to winners anyway.

except for Cipher, nothing,

"
iAkrobat wrote:
Gratz to the winners, even though i dont see any captioned screenshot in there.

"Caption the screenshot" means to me, that you get a screenshot and give it a title, not draw around in it. Correct me, if im wrong, but in my understanding noone did what was asked for.. *confused*

+1,

All in all I'm disappointed. Except for Cipher, the other two in top3 are neither funny nor creative. Juicebox360 should be there, out of all those you "picked".

carrotphernelia's "caption" is just pathetic, and you chose it as a winner? lol
t1no's "captions" exceeded the RULES you created for this cometition. You could have told us the "300 signs limit" will be entirely IGNORED, then people would have more freedom. (in t1no's work even single screenshots exceed the 300 signs rule).

I am sorry, but it feels like you either chose the winners at random, or assigned that job to someone who really didn't give a crap about quality.

When the event began, BEX wrote "The winners will be selected based on entertainment value although writing skills will definitely be advantageous! ", sadly from the ones you chose, there is NO writing skills WHATSOEVER (of the top3, one is a DIRECT quotation of a song, one is a mute one-liner on a final screenshot, and one is one-word-per-screenshot), from the others the only one that comes close to having any writing skill value is paradoxally t1no, who broke the 300-signs rule and Juicebox360, who ended up lower than he should have.

You can say I'm salty, and you will be right, because I am salty as fuck and angry. I put effort into thinking about the stuff I created and quite frankly with the quality of works you "chose", this should end up in top 3 because it's eating basically everything you chose for breakfast, and shits out something like carrotphernelia's submission:

The wind howls,
the zombie growls,
the lonely hero runs.
Gulls over his head,
sounds of the dead,
who used to be someone’s sons...

The mace in his hands,
in those forsaken lands,
another zombie head rolls.
Oh, where does he run,
the shame - he has none,
It seems he forgot the tp scrolls...

Apparently it was irrelevant if you put any effort in what you do (excluding Cipher's and Juicebox360's work) , because random generator will be chosen to select so-called winners. I'm disappointed, in a big part because the writing part was ENTIRELY IGNORED, there were few poems used in captions as it is, and the ones that were there apparently lost to something like this:

or

I mean REALLY?

TL:DR - thanks for setting the rules you didn't give a crap about, thanks for ignoring actually funny or well written submissions to chose a low grade primary school "humor", and thanks for making me lose interest in any of your future events. I'm not going to waste my time on competitions where winners are chosen at random, and any quality to the work is ignored. (yes I am SALTY as hell)

+1
Give the 'vote Brutus' dude something extra, he earned it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
My winners... Cipher_nemo Bohemian Rhapsody... Juiceboxw360, Great job on spoofing Trump... Bratzekatze...Tribute to the hardest master.
Thank you so much GGG!
All winners really show decent work!
I am glad that the number entered is not only my job but also one of my favorite authors!
I think I won with my most neutral work ... yes, I have created more than 10 collages. Perhaps it is the most pure performance. I thought that if I win, it is likely with this collage

But 2 musician collages winners in one competition will be too much))
Anyways, thanks again! I'm waiting my demon king armour set ^^
Dayhum, I should have entered, I thought mine would be too crappy... didn't realize they were secretly looking for crappy. :D

Grats to the winners though, 'free' stuffs is best stuffs :)
I mean... gratz to the winners and all, but what was the 300 characters rule for if you chose to ignore it entirely? Hardly seems fair to most of the competitors.
Furthermore: Most of the winners didn't even win based on the caption but because of their image editing. Sooooo, what was the point of the competition and its rule set?
You didn't do a very good job with this one. Hope we'll see more of these in the future where the spirit and ruleset is actually honored. This one was a failure imo.
Meh... Apparently the key to win this was to either post it on reddit in the last minute, break the rules or do a crappy 2 minute MS Paint edit. (Aside from a few exceptions.)

Yes, I'm salty, I put at least 10 hours of work into mine.
IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info