[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

It must be that 3% aura effectiveness node, as on my char before the level 21 purities, getting all these nodes is sufficient to cap resists.

I see your point on lvl 85 you are going to have less base int hence rare belt with int is better, didnt factor that in.

Since your belt gives you more of everything, best to use it, and you can decide later again when you are have more base int to see if its worth it to have lower int but be more defensive

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
This build does cap its resistances with gear and tree mentioned. If you are undercapped you are missing aura effectiveness nodes or levels of your purity gems.

Ah the crystal belt discussion again. I've done the math here and Blazen equals the crystal belt (with max essence Int roll) in Int value at 1250 Base Int for non legacy ring users and 900 base Int for legacy ring users.

Essences are only available in new league so only need to consider the 1250 number which means that a crystal belt is best for levels 80-94ish where the blazen starts surpassing it again and has a higher ceiling for both Es and Int in very late game.

Since you cannot get legacy rings in new leagues the crystal belt is definitely the more practical option unless you are pushing the build into heavy lategame. You just need to roll a good Int roll with the deafening essence of spite and get a decent fire resistance roll as well. Blazen is a more simple solution that works for longer and I do like the quantity of items and flask duration on it
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 14, 2016, 9:58:19 PM
Last edited by chaelp on Oct 15, 2016, 3:27:27 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but which jewel goes into the socket to the bottom left of Arcane Vision? The guide says Fertile mind goes on the right side of the tree but there is only 10 dex to convert in that region.
"
NinjaTurtl3 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but which jewel goes into the socket to the bottom left of Arcane Vision? The guide says Fertile mind goes on the right side of the tree but there is only 10 dex to convert in that region.

Emperors wit or mastery will be better here if you have them. If you don't then fertile mind is best for the 34 Int. A rare jewel could possibly match the fertile mind jewel in value if it has 4 relevant mods but thats pretty unlikely and fertile mind there is good
Hello,
sorry if this has already been posted, but I seem to have gotten the build completely wrong...

please see my STD char : I_EAT_SPARKLY_CANDY

i cannot afford a shavs, or the rings. this char was a bow user, re-specced him just now. spent all my jews 5S the staff, so cant socket the rest :D

no jewels coz i'm just trying out the spec... hope u understand.

anyhow, im stuck with low ES and low int and low dmg :/

I have 11 points and 9 respec points remaining.

icestorm tooltip is 1172.
total int is 850
total ES without any buffs is 1303
total ES after buffs is 2955 (discipline + 3 purities (purities are low level atm))

how can i improve my build?

Good ascendency choice for the build. I think Guardian is far superior to all other ascendencies. You can get the most value from it when it comes to dps and ehp.

However the math on int you did there is too simple and just wrong. Scaling only one aspect of the skill is not going to get you the most dps and neither are you going to get good ehp. There is a thing called diminishing returns and it also applies in this situation.

The more you ignore es%, dmg increase%, cast speed%, increased skill duration, the more value each of these nodes give and the less valuable int is becoming.

Yes it sounds cool to have a huge int stat, but you can get at least 25% more damage and 15% more ehp if you drop the uniques for good rares, (which are not that expensive at all, as you cover most of the resistances with auras anyway) and revisit the skill tree.
"
Good ascendency choice for the build. I think Guardian is far superior to all other ascendencies. You can get the most value from it when it comes to dps and ehp.

However the math on int you did there is too simple and just wrong. Scaling only one aspect of the skill is not going to get you the most dps and neither are you going to get good ehp. There is a thing called diminishing returns and it also applies in this situation.

The more you ignore es%, dmg increase%, cast speed%, increased skill duration, the more value each of these nodes give and the less valuable int is becoming.

Yes it sounds cool to have a huge int stat, but you can get at least 25% more damage and 15% more ehp if you drop the uniques for good rares, (which are not that expensive at all, as you cover most of the resistances with auras anyway) and revisit the skill tree.

icestorm receives base dmg from int aswell as the staff providing 1% spell dmg per 10 int. icestorm also receives 0,15 increased duration per 100 int. int also gives you alot of % increased energy shield and a high mana pool with gets converted into base energy shield from the templar ascendancy. so the only thing not getting boosted by int is cast speed. spell echo/faster casting/haste solve that problem easily
Last edited by leichenlager on Oct 16, 2016, 6:45:48 AM
I'm fully aware, which bonuses int grants to ice storm and es.

As I mentioned, these bonuses becomes less valuable compared to other nodes the more you ignore those.

I'd say skill effect duration is probably the most underrated. You can get 45% from 3 nodes, which is not a huge investment at all and it will be a huge damage increase in some fights, since it allowed to stack more ice storms. It is basically a more multiplier vs stationary boss with huge hp.
@HoLySnOwXX

Give the build a try and once you reach high level and actually have gear like this build uses try swapping out pieces for rares or the tree for things like you suggest and you'll see how your damage and ES numbers lower instead of increasing. There is a section of the build called "Int math" that helps explain why this works that way and that the value of Int is its hybrid nature

You say that stats are being ignored when they are not. All the stats that you mentioned are being gained in this build and in higher numbers then if you attempted to get the nodes you suggest instead of nodes that provide multiple things at once

You are correct that skill effect duration has a large impact on the duration of the storm and is something that has been considered and is tempting. You are incorrect however saying that its 3 nodes for 45%. In this build its 6 nodes for 30 Int and 45% duration. The opportunity cost of needing to waste 3 point just to path there for only 30 int brings down the value of those duration nodes.

My storm currently lasts 5.78 seconds without getting those duration nodes which is longer then most WI builds who do get those nodes. The only bosses who last longer then 5 seconds are guardians and shaper and for those bosses its nice to have ES and well as damage which value Int nodes can provide.
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 16, 2016, 9:41:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info