[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
the_Bur wrote:
Hi,
awesome build for Whispering Ice, really diggin it.
I thought about a minor change for the endgame tree @ about lvl 90ish:
Endgame Variation

Drop the socket node near scion, reroute north of the templar area, pick up the socket there and invest one more point for the 30 dex node. Should result in: trade in 12% spell dmg for 8% ele dmg and 20 more Int. Worth it?

Ah yes that jewel at the top of the Templar was part of the old route but I cut it for other things. I think it would be high on the list for what to spec into after level 90 as the tree I posted only went that far because from there you should know the build well enough to decide on your own what you want.

In terms of putting those nodes ahead of the scion ones though I think you are forgetting that a fertile mind jewel in the scion socket hits two +10 dex nodes that you take on your way down towards ranger

Scion jewel socket is 3 points for 44 Int and 12% spell damage

Templar Jewel socket is 4 points for 54 Int and 8% elemental damage

The scion socket comes out ahead whatever you spend the extra point on
"
Neranai wrote:
I really love this guide and I decided to try it myself. So far I am 74 and love this build. The biggest downside so far for me is light radius. In dark maps it is really annoying, also it is sometimes hard to see traps in lab beacuse of it. I picked even Arcane Vision, but it is still an issue. Maybe when I get more ES it will be less an issue? Any other ideas how to deal with it?

Also how do You guys proc Elemental Overload in this build?

Ps. my profile is public so if You have any advices I will be glad.

Hmm can't say I've had much issue with light radius. Arcane vision is pretty essential for indoor areas but it is kinda a bummer that the helm reduces the light.

The most common proc I see is an orb of storms setup to proc overload. I have enough damage now that I don't really bother with that though
"
WaffleT wrote:

Ah yes that jewel at the top of the Templar was part of the old route but I cut it for other things. I think it would be high on the list for what to spec into after level 90 as the tree I posted only went that far because from there you should know the build well enough to decide on your own what you want.

In terms of putting those nodes ahead of the scion ones though I think you are forgetting that a fertile mind jewel in the scion socket hits two +10 dex nodes that you take on your way down towards ranger

Scion jewel socket is 3 points for 44 Int and 12% spell damage

Templar Jewel socket is 4 points for 54 Int and 8% elemental damage

The scion socket comes out ahead whatever you spend the extra point on

Ah, I thought each stat node can only be transferred into Int only once. That way those socket node in the Marauder area with the upstream armor nodes makes more sense now. Will get top templar area lvl 90+++.

"
Neranai wrote:
I really love this guide and I decided to try it myself. So far I am 74 and love this build. The biggest downside so far for me is light radius. In dark maps it is really annoying, also it is sometimes hard to see traps in lab beacuse of it. I picked even Arcane Vision, but it is still an issue. Maybe when I get more ES it will be less an issue? Any other ideas how to deal with it?

Also how do You guys proc Elemental Overload in this build?

Ps. my profile is public so if You have any advices I will be glad.

Don't mind to force Elemental Overload with another skill. General dmg output is high enough, that node can be neglected imho. For beafy targets and bosses I use Frostbomb (in 4l with RedDura-FC-LightWarp) for the extra cold debuff. Works fine, specially for stationary targets.
In acceptance of a bid, plz PM me.

IGN: AdNauseam
"
Completed 24 ChallengesNeranai wrote:

...Also how do You guys proc Elemental Overload in this build?

Don't mind to force Elemental Overload with another skill. General dmg output is high enough, that node can be neglected imho. For beafy targets and bosses I use Frostbomb (in 4l with RedDura-FC-LightWarp) for the extra cold debuff. Works fine, specially for stationary targets.

I'll have to agree, damage is good enough where E/O is not needed, in fact, I don't even run HoI but AA instead along with EC for added tankyness. I took Prayer of Glory as my 7th and 8th ascendancy points so now whenever I cast EC, I get 3 endurance charges and +15% cast speed. Oh and Frost Bomb is Da Bomb.
Playing hardcore and trying to copy this build. Is solaris lorica a replacement for shavs until you can afford it or do you just dip too much ES doing that?
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

I'll have to agree, damage is good enough where E/O is not needed, in fact, I don't even run HoI but AA instead along with EC for added tankyness. I took Prayer of Glory as my 7th and 8th ascendancy points so now whenever I cast EC, I get 3 endurance charges and +15% cast speed. Oh and Frost Bomb is Da Bomb.

Yeah E/O isn't really needed but had to show that the build can run red maps with enfeeble and resistances and stuff.

Frost bomb and EC both used to be in my sockets but I'm incredibly lazy so stopped using them and started leveling disciplines to vaal. I will add a section recommending them for the less lazy though

@Fougner

Hardcore is gonna be real risky since the build is really reliant on the first lab run and getting Radient Faith.

I didn't mind running around undercapped on resistances and low on ES while the build was still growing because its so such high damage that it was just leveling glass cannon that would be getting its defense later. I did get one shot by one or two of the big bosses and didn't mind because just went back into the room and killed them. Hardcore is a different story

It would probably be better to spec into some of the ES nodes and get some ES/resistances gear that you'll spec out of later once you have the build together. probably dropping two auras and going CI until shavs but depends on what you find
Any leveling advice? Also, what bandit rewards did you pick up?
"

You want the skill point from all three bandits

I had whispering ice before starting the character. If you can't swap over as soon as you hit 33 then it might be harder

Level firestorm until level 33 when you get to use whispering ice and most of the endgame gear

The gear carries you in damage and so long as you play safe, the life leech gem with the massive damage should keep you alive until you get your defences.

Tree order was something like this

- Deep thoughts and Primal Spirit for mana sustain

- All the Aura nodes

- Once your ES overtakes your life Ghost reaver and Vaal Pact

- Frost walker and Elementalist for resistances

- Once you can equip shavs pain attunment and arcane vision

- Path down to unwavering stance

- Finish remaining nodes. Value higher Int first
Last edited by WaffleT on Jul 21, 2016, 8:19:37 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"

You want the skill point from all three bandits

I had whispering ice before starting the character. If you can't swap over as soon as you hit 33 then it might be harder

Level firestorm until level 33 when you get to use whispering ice and most of the endgame gear

The gear carries you in damage and so long as you play safe, the life leech gem with the massive damage should keep you alive until you get your defences.

Tree order was something like this

- Deep thoughts and Primal Spirit for mana sustain

- All the Aura nodes

- Once your ES overtakes your life Ghost reaver and Vaal Pact

- Frost walker and Elementalist for resistances

- Once you can equip shavs pain attunment and arcane vision

- Path down to unwavering stance

- Finish remaining nodes. Value higher Int first

Got it, thanks a bunch!
Awesome looking build, I have a few question if you dont mind :)

Would you plan the build like you have with your char on standard considering the Perandus Signet is 2% instead of the 3%, or do that not make a big enough difference to perhaps switch some items around?

How safe is the build against reflect maps, can reflect map + rare with reflect still kill you or is it pretty much reflect proof?

Do you get enough resistance to run elemental weakness maps?

As lastly mostly for giggles, anyway we can take advantage of a +1 endurance charge Perandus Blazon :D?

"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info