[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

I have whispering ice ele-with 3 curses. Is it worth switching to this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730
"
cihatb wrote:

I prefer my guardian. The choice is yours :)
"
Medoo wrote:
"

Asenath's you can start using early on, even before WI so that's a plus; the TC gives amazing CC. I ran using Sunder till I could use WI. Doedre's Scorn is what I used as a helmet till I could run with Black Sun, which again a nicely rolled one doesn't come cheap. You're looking at about 1-2ex for ~13% on Int. I think there are only a handful of ones that have 15% (I am one of those selling one :p) and it's gonna be expensive!

I already had the signets and I would suggest grabbing them first as they will give you 6% increased exp, which is just a nice boost over the course of leveling a new hero. You could also run Chitus' Apex for an additional 5% exp gain.

So I bought staff, both rings, gloves, amulet.
Should I also get perandus blazon(belt)?
Gloves and helms are coming when I get levels.
Chest won't be shavs for a loooong time.

I love builds that are all unique items :)

It's up to you. I run Bated Breath because I value the faster ES recharge rate. That and gives a boatload of ES over the Blazon (something like 300). I supplement the missing fire resist on one of my jewels. You also get the 10% increase damage. But Blazon is pretty cheap I think, BB is a little pricier. Both have their merits and it comes down to personal choice.
Deliver pain exquisite
"

It's up to you. I run Bated Breath because I value the faster ES recharge rate. That and gives a boatload of ES over the Blazon (something like 300). I supplement the missing fire resist on one of my jewels. You also get the 10% increase damage. But Blazon is pretty cheap I think, BB is a little pricier. Both have their merits and it comes down to personal choice.

I'm in A1C with all the uniques and my health and armor are really low. I guess I should do the lab to get stronger.
Started a new character with this build on ESC it's been pretty fun so far I'm lvl 68 so far. Working on farming currency with my other character to get a shavs only need 1 more ex and then I should be good .
"
Barspin wrote:
Started a new character with this build on ESC it's been pretty fun so far I'm lvl 68 so far. Working on farming currency with my other character to get a shavs only need 1 more ex and then I should be good .

Yea, this build without shavs is pretty bad. It gives too much ES.
"
Medoo wrote:
"
Barspin wrote:

The power of Shavronne's isn't the ES it provides, which is very low in comparison to Atziri's Splendour, it's the unique property of not allowing chaos damage past your ES. This allow you to stack up auras not only on your mana reserve, but also your life reserve. Since the Guardian gains physical damage reduction on life reserve, you get very tanky for basically free.

Shavronne's is basically a linchpin for this build.

You can also pick up a Solaris Lorica and make this build work. You'd lose a big chunk of ES but the build itself would still work.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Oct 8, 2016, 8:12:29 PM
Normal builds gets a balanced amount of base ES and %increased ES

This build naturally gets its %increased ES levels so high that it can start changing the base ES items into damage items.

The big ticket items that still provide base ES for this build are the level 20 discipline, shavs and the base ES guardian gets from reserved mana.

While leveling you are missing the full benefit of these so your choice is to just deal with being squishy at first or use more items with base ES. Voidbringers and vertex are two options that give good base ES but they do have a pricetag on them and would eventually get replaced.
"
cihatb wrote:

That build is weaker unless you plan to use it specifically for end-game boss fights (Uber Itzaro is hexproof so goodbye most of your damage and leeching).

Hex builds are cool and all, but honestly this build will outperform them in like 99% of the game because it is very resilient to map mods. Blood magic, ele reflect and no mana regen are probably the worst of the mods. Everything else is pretty manageable with little to no effort.

It's very difficult to run builds that offload lots to curses or have unique properties where some map mods totally blow them up. I think the best builds are those that doing everything well, and not those that do one thing great.

I mean you could make a boss only build, but that's not very fun or economical.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Oct 9, 2016, 1:03:06 AM
"
"
Medoo wrote:
"
Barspin wrote:

The power of Shavronne's isn't the ES it provides, which is very low in comparison to Atziri's Splendour, it's the unique property of not allowing chaos damage past your ES. This allow you to stack up auras not only on your mana reserve, but also your life reserve. Since the Guardian gains physical damage reduction on life reserve, you get very tanky for basically free.

Shavronne's is basically a linchpin for this build.

You can also pick up a Solaris Lorica and make this build work. You'd lose a big chunk of ES but the build itself would still work.

I know, I'm using all uniques except shavs (I'm using Solaris, no money) and am sitting around 3k ES at level 60.

Another question is how important is Unwavering Stance? No way I can ever get skyforth, not sure how much stun immunity is important

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info