What do you want to see in act 5? Snow mountain, desert or...

Snow theme would be welcome i guess. In any case would like to see at least one mind twisting area such like from d2 sanctuary of arcane, maybe some interesting deep dungeons/abyss (but please no lava!) or doryanis' workshops with devices effecting dimensions, or same beast manipulating different dimensions (so you might be temporary transported in his domain).

As for creepiness, dunno if it's possible to create more ugly abominations, I guess player should take more third person's position as spectator of disturbing monsters' idles or sighting beast's corrupting influences on the living or smth like that.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jul 5, 2016, 6:09:32 PM
None of the above.

Instead of another act, it would be better to see the ever growing list of 'stuff' fixed first.

-guild stash organizing
-paid leagues
-color blindness settings
-built in alt/f4 macro key
-performance issues
-remove or rework redundant skills/items
-alternate ascendancy method

etc...

Get what's already in the game working great, THEN move on to adding more. This house of cards is on a road to collapse under the weight of itself.
Anything but something snow related.

Snow landscapes are the most boring nonsense on top of being super lazy looking imo.

Act 3 is already a desert honestly.

I dunno what I'd like to see but I know I don't want anything snow oriented, that shit is boring seriously.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
Mountains (some snow)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing some snow and/or mountainous areas. Even a beyond or alternate dimension that extends from Malachai's black core, although not necessarily the flesh theme, would be welcome.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
Mechanical shit
"
Plot twist Malachai was himself just a puppet. The real source is still out there. Boom, Act 5.

Who would that source be, Ganondorf? I mean, fuck, we already had that happen with Piety (It never once occurred to me that I'd have a crack at Dominus himself. I assumed he was back safe and sound on Oriath. Gave me quite the surprise when Grigor told me "sllluuuurp you gotta go kill dominush now") AND Dominus, and even the Beast itself, sort of, with Malachai apparently being the real threat, although the beast apparently dies after you kill Dominus, because of...reasons?
Honestly, I want a rewrite of everything in Act 4 that happens after you unseal the mines. Nothing makes any sense after that point. This is my experience whenever I go through act 4.

The first third of the act is this clear buildup to killing this terrifying elder god "Beast" that clearly has a thing for batshit insane wizards, if Malachai and Piety are any indication, and then you find this diary from Malachai that says "I love my bae so much, I have to make her sad so I don't break her soul with my giga drill." So is Malachai a good guy or is he just trying to not kill Dialla with his Sampson machine? Did he fire the stupid thing or not? Whatever, Dialla says I have to go through the spooky doors. Oh wow, badass, Kaom, I love the karui, this is the coolest hellscape I've ever seen, awesome, wow, Kaom...looks kind of shitty and the bossfight is frustrating.

Okay, whatever, now for the chilly door, what the hell is a daresso anyway? (I played a witch on my first character, and therefore never heard the duelist nattering about daresso, and Merveil's ramblings didn't make him sound like someone worth remembering, so I didn't remember him. Heck, from Merveil's cave Daresso could just be some fisherman who found a shiny rock.) Huh, fighting pits. He's some kind of gladiator? Haha, roosters and pit bulls in a fighting arena level, I get it. Wait, this Daresso guy loved Merveil? This feels like a retcon to make Merveil more important and impressive than she felt when I killed her in act 1.
WTF ARE THESE SWRODS OMG HAX
Okay, time to fire up the Core Drill! Oh wow, gee, if it still blew off Dialla's arm I'm not sure it was worth faffing about in those dreamscapes. Whatever, let's have a look inside!
Okay, a guts level. I'll kill the beast from inside!
Piety? What the-OMFGWTFHAXLAZOR
Okay, Wait, what, now I have to go kill Malachai before he can take over the beast? I thought he was trying to not hurt his precious dialla-chan? No, he wanted to stick himself in an elder god's guts so he could become a god, apparently. Okay, I'll go kill him, he always sounded like a dick anyway. I can kill the beast next-
Wait, the game's over? What? I killed Malachai! I was gonna kill the beast? Now everybody is saying I killed the beast! What happened? Are we just leaving it there? I mean, it was a very final-feeling boss, but...what?

Oh, and to add insult to injury the wiki claims that Malachai was going to try and save the world by killing the beast but being in it corrupted him and turned him evil. Just to make it even more confusing what the fuck is going on with Malachai.

well i have a few things i personally would like to see that should be in the game but just arent for some reason so heres my list
1.the monkey king you see reference to it in almost every spot in act 3 but you never see him
2.oriath were all exiled from oriath so whats stoping us from going back ever char class talks about it but you never see it
3.a fishing village
4.what caused the catycysim in the first place?
5.a village for each class ie ranger ,shadow etc
"
Jaille wrote:
Mechanical shit

Like the Vault in Torchlight? :)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
or beyond realm

I hope not, beyond realm should be a unique core map, even the multiple bosses theme would match it.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
Last edited by Alpha_Dragon on Jul 6, 2016, 2:21:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info