What do you want to see in act 5? Snow mountain, desert or...

"
kamil1210 wrote:
What do you want to see in act 5? Snow mountain, desert or something else like swamp or beyond realm.

oh man Im down for a swamp for sure.

Honestly dried lake is about as close to snow as Id like to get, I find snow quite meh tbh. I always tend to look back on green and red areas most fondly.

I have no idea what ud do with act5. I may be mistaken, but vague memory of them saying that act4 has an abrupt ending, that there was meant to be this other little bit at the end and they would add that in, then never did? Anyone else remember that? did they add it and I didnt notice? Maybe they found a way to turn it into a full act?

Tbh Id go crazy with it. They seem quite into the idea of 3 difficulties, Chris seemed quite clear on that vs having 2 for certain psychological reasons and sure, I know where hes coming from I guess. So this rests on the 3 difficulties being significantly different.

So what if killing malachai doesnt save anything and instead triggers the cataclysm which not only warps the fabric of reality in horrific ways but also sort of sends you back in time, maybe, like a dream of your life flashing before your eyes but youre reliving it in this twisted version of reality. Thats then cruel mode, so its more about how do we Vaal orb the entire existing game, visually, mechanically etc. Then you beat cruel and it goes down the rabbit hole within the rabbithole, whatever you did to make cruel significantly different you jwilson it to get merciless.

The beast, whatever it is, seems to be breaking down the barrier between the dream world and the real world, its sort of creating peoples nightmares and then trapping them within it. Daresso, Kaom etc are trapped in there out of time, reliving the past in this distorted dream. So you could play on the time period changing, as you get deeper into the dream corrupted nightmarish versions of historical characters and monsters start appearing in the zones through the game, maybe areas themselves change to that same area in a different time period from the lore with more dreamlike/nightmarish ambiance.

Maybe when you kill the beast, you become the nightmare, whatever horrible entity it is down there moves from malachai to you, but you dont know it. You just wake up back on the beach in your own nightmare reliving the cruel mode game in some momento style blunder through clues until you get back there again and find you have to fight yourself in your own nightmare, you are the beast you find down there in cruel. What happens when you kill yourself? Does it just becomes nightmarecaption in a nod to the endless nature of loot hunt games? Do you now escape into merciless which is you free in the real post cataclysm world? Maybe that makes merciless a sort of 'adventure' mode where the storyline aspects are removed and its more about endgame farming activities in this post apocalyptic nightmare-taken-flesh wasteland? Maybe unlike the fixed 'real' world of normal mode or the fixed 'in a lorebased nightmare' world of cruel an adventure mode merciless would have areas that were in flux, changing appearance, monster types, zone levels and mods in a sort of Warbands style shifting every hour or so way. Then you could either keep farming your favourite activity in X zone through shifting monster levels and difficulty or you could chase your favourite difficulty around the zones of the world possibly taking part in whatever specific activities those zones offer while ur farming.

I dunno, but somewhere in there you could squeeze a little act5 thing in the transition. If 3 difficulties are here to stay for the foreseeable future then maybe thats where id be focusing. If cruel and merciless felt like a whole new game they were so different then why would u ever need to drop them? Reach the 10 act idea via 5 acts in normal, 5 acts in cruel and then that dumps you into merciless which is all open world endgame mini quest, quest chain, dungeon crawl, mapping, boss farming type platform.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Reach the 10 act idea via 5 acts in normal, 5 acts in cruel and then that dumps you into merciless which is all open world endgame mini quest, quest chain, dungeon crawl, mapping, boss farming type platform.

*puts the most creepy pleasure face possible*

I want more Vaal stuff (specially Doryani) personally. More mechanically complex enemies too.

More psicological horror if possible.

And...snow.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 10, 2016, 1:17:11 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
It's obvious, since GGG loves the retro old school they should go way, way back, not just to the 1990s with playstyle and performance. I'm talking prehistoric millions of years back to the age of dinosaurs. So act 5 will have a tropical swampy, steamy feel to it and we'd be encountering dinosaur monsters. Who doesn't like a good dinosaur bash? GGG should look to the writings of Edgar Rice Burroughs for inspiration for act 5 (The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot).

Agree, but Diablo 2 didn't have dinosaurs, so they are out of the question.

D2 did have snow mountains guess that's why all the people wanted em.

I would agree completely with a snow themed act 5 if it weren't for the fact that frame-rates drop faster than a plummeting Ursa when there are any special effects such as rain or shocking ground so I fear that any blizzard type of effect is going to kill our frame-rates also. If GGG could make it look like real snow (better than the clunky desert) and not kill our fps then I'd be all for it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
What do you want to see in act 5? Snow mountain, desert or something else like swamp or beyond realm.

Oh man I'm down for a swamp for sure.

Honestly dried lake is about as close to snow as Id like to get, I find snow quite meh tbh. I always tend to look back on green and red areas most fondly.

I have no idea what ud do with act 5. I may be mistaken, but vague memory of them saying that act 4 has an abrupt ending, that there was meant to be this other little bit at the end and they would add that in, then never did? Anyone else remember that? did they add it and I didn't notice? Maybe they found a way to turn it into a full act?

Tbh Id go crazy with it. They seem quite into the idea of 3 difficulties, Chris seemed quite clear on that vs having 2 for certain psychological reasons and sure, I know where hes coming from I guess. So this rests on the 3 difficulties being significantly different.

My first thought was a lush tropical swamp theme with some kind of dinosaurs to kill ala Edgar Rice Burroughs. I think GGG could do that kind of vegetation without too much bling/special effects killing fps. Snow is ok but lower on my wish list.

Not sure about act 4 being incomplete except GGG for some inexplicable reason forgot to give us a reward for killing Malachai... oh wait, this is GGG and they don't need a reason for doing stupid things like that. I'm all for 1 passive point for killing Normal Malachai, 2 for Cruel, and 3 for Merciless to incentivize the battle (and give us a reason to not skip Merc Belly of The Beast and Malachai completely). That and no more damn "twisty little passages all the same" where we can't kite properly and likely get eaten by a Grue (who remembers that far back in time).  :)
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

I wish better visual effects and some kind water monsters caves and ultra light tropycal maps better than act 2. I love water monster in an ocean or river
Why isnt this thread in suggestions yet?
"
Why isn't this thread in suggestions yet?

Most likely because GGG is well into development on act 5 and has already decided on the main theme. GGG better damn well not repeat the failures of act 4 (damn Piety tiny empty room is the worst battle of all boss battles... Cells map is a great example of a well designed boss arena so GGG should know by now what map and boss arena designs are good and which are bad and not to repeat (basically too narrow or tiny and empty).

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Most likely because GGG is well into development on act 5 and has already decided on the main theme. GGG better damn well not repeat the failures of act 4 (damn Piety tiny empty room is the worst battle of all boss battles... Cells map is a great example of a well designed boss arena so GGG should know by now what map and boss arena designs are good and which are bad and not to repeat (basically too narrow or tiny and empty).

Huh? Piety may kill you the first times but it's not really that hard. Move around and near her, and keep hitting. Remember to destroy the eye spawners when she is not using her beam. There is enough space.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Why isnt this thread in suggestions yet?

Because it is not suggestion just discussion about what people would like to see in act 5.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
AhhCrying wrote:
would like new end game like endless mountain ascending or dungeon descending included in the act separate from the map device, kind of like obas , the zone gains level as you go further maybe even over lvl 100 content kappa

Reminds me of the Ancient Cave from Lufia II

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info