[2.3 Build Guide] Lurifaxx's Soul Ward Occultist! [HC/SC/Atziri Viable]

"
Serge91 wrote:
So I reached level 93. Killed uberatziri quite easily without top-end gear: i died to the vaals coz they do a multiattack that permastuns and i didn't go with Eye of Chayula or Valiryum (my fault here); the ascendancy notable and the antistun enchant are worth nothing. Not to mention that, sadly, i dont have stun recovery from gear... I'm searching for a good chest but there aren't so many chest with 800+es, so i'll have to craft myself probably.

Tried the Shaper. Well... i think this build can't simply do it. Not enough damage even with 21k CA (+ concentrated effect, which isn't displayed) + 24k ED damage over time + decay mod from the second bow. Not to mention the buff from the totem, which against the Shaper is usable in some right moments.
The problem is that he does a ball which explode and release a PERMANENT dot, that will be deadly if the fight goes for too long because they will be at the center of the fight area, which is the only safe place to be with Zana with her wall.

Hey I've been doing this build in Esc too, and have pushed it quite far (lvl 4 empower/enlighten/enhance + 21CA and am using +1+1 Decay bow). I've done everything apart from Shaper so far, which I tried once and like you experienced some of the phases started getting too long and unmanageable, although it was still very close to finished so I think it is possible with a few more levels and better jewels.

If you want to free up some stats/gearing options I've found it easy to use Kiara's Determination + the ascendancy node as my only forms of stun immunity, which means I get to use a %chaos dmg amulet essence craft.

As for fast monsters I haven't experience any problems at all, and have been speeding through T16 maps easiy, I think this is largely to do with my use of Heretic's Veil + 20% Temp Chains linked to level 4 Enhance. At the moment I am slowing the base speed of non hexproof monsters by 53% which is sooo easy especially with the defensive mechanics from wicked ward/soul strike. This is my next target for upgrade which is to get 30% inc effect of temp chains as an enchant on my veil, which will make things even slower for enemies. The only mods I reroll with this build are blood magic, and on t15+ i reroll hexproof (although this can be done easy enough but it will take you longer as you have to play safer).

Ultimately this build is amazing for everything outside Shaper, and I do believe it's possible to push it to the point where Shaper is doable, but I wouldn't use it to farm it.

Just my 2 cents as I'm enjoying this build massively.
"
"
Serge91 wrote:
So I reached level 93. Killed uberatziri quite easily without top-end gear: i died to the vaals coz they do a multiattack that permastuns and i didn't go with Eye of Chayula or Valiryum (my fault here); the ascendancy notable and the antistun enchant are worth nothing. Not to mention that, sadly, i dont have stun recovery from gear... I'm searching for a good chest but there aren't so many chest with 800+es, so i'll have to craft myself probably.

Tried the Shaper. Well... i think this build can't simply do it. Not enough damage even with 21k CA (+ concentrated effect, which isn't displayed) + 24k ED damage over time + decay mod from the second bow. Not to mention the buff from the totem, which against the Shaper is usable in some right moments.
The problem is that he does a ball which explode and release a PERMANENT dot, that will be deadly if the fight goes for too long because they will be at the center of the fight area, which is the only safe place to be with Zana with her wall.

Hey I've been doing this build in Esc too, and have pushed it quite far (lvl 4 empower/enlighten/enhance + 21CA and am using +1+1 Decay bow). I've done everything apart from Shaper so far, which I tried once and like you experienced some of the phases started getting too long and unmanageable, although it was still very close to finished so I think it is possible with a few more levels and better jewels.

If you want to free up some stats/gearing options I've found it easy to use Kiara's Determination + the ascendancy node as my only forms of stun immunity, which means I get to use a %chaos dmg amulet essence craft.

As for fast monsters I haven't experience any problems at all, and have been speeding through T16 maps easiy, I think this is largely to do with my use of Heretic's Veil + 20% Temp Chains linked to level 4 Enhance. At the moment I am slowing the base speed of non hexproof monsters by 53% which is sooo easy especially with the defensive mechanics from wicked ward/soul strike. This is my next target for upgrade which is to get 30% inc effect of temp chains as an enchant on my veil, which will make things even slower for enemies. The only mods I reroll with this build are blood magic, and on t15+ i reroll hexproof (although this can be done easy enough but it will take you longer as you have to play safer).

Ultimately this build is amazing for everything outside Shaper, and I do believe it's possible to push it to the point where Shaper is doable, but I wouldn't use it to farm it.

Do you run dual curse like enfeeble or vulnerability? I just run a normal 20/20 TC. I decided not to focus on curses because of the -60% less effectiveness and i couldn't get the +1 curse from the ascendancy, nor the tree: so I decided to not go for Heretic's... i would have done this probably if i had planned to play an Occultist focused on ED. But i chose the cheapest choice to start for this league: CA.

This is my gear. There is a lot of room to improve.. tho every single improvement is quite expensive.
Spoiler

For single target bosses with very high life i use CA and then, just for a second, swap bow and use ED: this way i duplicate the damage (probably even more than double, dunno).
All mobs are very easy to kill with 21CA, that has only 21k dot. The only exceptions are the mobs that chimera spawns and the monsters in uberatziri (they all resist to chaos also): they have ton of life; also, the mob that the Shaper spawn have huge life. Apart from them, this build doesn't feel any dps problem.

Probably, when i'll get an empower 4, a 21/20 ED, and maybe manage to use the new unique flask with vulnerability, i could manage to kill the Shaper, which is the last thing that i want to do and it is left to do for this character, toghether with the vaal temple boss kill.
Last edited by Serge91 on Oct 14, 2016, 3:49:37 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
"
Serge91 wrote:

Do you run dual curse like enfeeble or vulnerability? I just run a normal 20/20 TC. I decided not to focus on curses because of the -60% less effectiveness and i couldn't get the +1 curse from the ascendancy, nor the tree: so I decided to not go for Heretic's... i would have done this probably if i had planned to play an Occultist focused on ED. But i chose the cheapest choice to start for this league: CA.

This is my gear. There is a lot of room to improve.. tho every single improvement is quite expensive.
Spoiler

For single target bosses with very high life i use CA and then, just for a second, swap bow and use ED: this way i duplicate the damage (probably even more than double, dunno).
All mobs are very easy to kill with 21CA, that has only 21k dot. The only exceptions are the mobs that chimera spawns and the monsters in uberatziri (they all resist to chaos also): they have ton of life; also, the mob that the Shaper spawn have huge life. Apart from them, this build doesn't feel any dps problem.

Probably, when i'll get an empower 4, a 21/20 ED, and maybe manage to use the new unique flask with vulnerability, i could manage to kill the Shaper, which is the last thing that i want to do and it is left to do for this character, toghether with the vaal temple boss kill.

I run both Temp chains and Vulnerability linked with enhance and enlighten in a Heretic's veil. I also run Discipline as my other aura. I am using the +1 curse node on the tree rather than taking it from Ascendancy. My gear right now is not amazing, but there are high budget pieces that help make things easier (empower/enhance/enlighten). The bow is nice but will limit your CA to level 27 rather than 28 if you're using a +3 bow. I'm also using ED as single target, and feel that I definitely should be able to do Shaper with this set up. When I tried it first I was only using level 15 ED (forgot i'd flipped it) and had a couple of silly deaths to play error that should have allowed me to finish.

Have a look on my profile for any questions for passive tree/gear, character is ComeDecayWithMe
"

I run both Temp chains and Vulnerability linked with enhance and enlighten in a Heretic's veil. I also run Discipline as my other aura. I am using the +1 curse node on the tree rather than taking it from Ascendancy. My gear right now is not amazing, but there are high budget pieces that help make things easier (empower/enhance/enlighten). The bow is nice but will limit your CA to level 27 rather than 28 if you're using a +3 bow. I'm also using ED as single target, and feel that I definitely should be able to do Shaper with this set up. When I tried it first I was only using level 15 ED (forgot i'd flipped it) and had a couple of silly deaths to play error that should have allowed me to finish.

Have a look on my profile for any questions for passive tree/gear, character is ComeDecayWithMe

I see that you are using the +1 bow for CA with the decay mod. Does it really work with CA? I mean: zero chance to hit because too low accuracy from tree and gear, and the poison cloud doesn't "hit", its just an area with degen; I use the decay mod on the ED with the bow swap, so im 100% sure that i will hit the boss and the decay mod will trigger.

For the tree, that's a very nice tree. Maybe I can do some respect points and go for Witchbrew flask... won't be able to afford the Heretic's veil, I already need to buy emp lv4 and a good chest. Kiara's Determination is a nice advise, thanks for that.
"
Serge91 wrote:
"

I see that you are using the +1 bow for CA with the decay mod. Does it really work with CA? I mean: zero chance to hit because too low accuracy from tree and gear, and the poison cloud doesn't "hit", its just an area with degen; I use the decay mod on the ED with the bow swap, so im 100% sure that i will hit the boss and the decay mod will trigger.

For the tree, that's a very nice tree. Maybe I can do some respect points and go for Witchbrew flask... won't be able to afford the Heretic's veil, I already need to buy emp lv4 and a good chest. Kiara's Determination is a nice advise, thanks for that.

Hey, Yeah if you can afford it a 6 link +3 with weapon swap 6link decay bow will be better than using the +1 +1 bow I have, but I'm lazy and cba to weapon swap. The dream is to craft a +3 Decay bow but for now I'm still able to get level 27 CA with this bow, and while Decay does not count as hitting with the CA aoe, it does on the arrow hit itself. My chance to hit is 65% which is fine as the only things I ever need to "hit" are the Uber Atziri/Shaper type monsters.

I'm pretty happy with the tree and have been very happy with Kiara's determination as my anti stun so far. Am level 93 soon to be 94 and things have been going very well. GL!
Is this build still viable for new league? I'm looking for tanky CI bow build.
IGN: OsyWitch
Time zone: UTC+2
You don't like chayula?
Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
Any perspective on the soul strike nerf, is it too bad to be viable? 150% sooner -> 80% sooner es recharge...
I found the soul strike relic, do you think this build is still viable? Should I invest my currency?
Black metal ist KRIEG.

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE.
"
XulIncantus wrote:
I found the soul strike relic, do you think this build is still viable? Should I invest my currency?

What changed for this build recently was the nerf to AoE and the nerf to Soul Strike. Since you have a legacy one, that won't be a problem. But you won't be able to recover the lost AoE from the 2.6 nerf. So it might not be a good idea to path to the templar AoE nodes anymore. Other than that I think the build should still do fine from what I've read. It's been basically untouched for anyone who has a legacy soul strike.
Last edited by Liquor on Mar 19, 2017, 2:25:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info