[2.3 Build Guide] Lurifaxx's Soul Ward Occultist! [HC/SC/Atziri Viable]

By the way, using the quiver doesn't limit you to just those abilities. Voltaxic Rift and the Tempest are both still very good with lightning spells.

Even post nerf, Voltaxic Rift's 60% chaos conversion can be really strong with spark/arc/lightning call.

Darkscorn is a surprising dark horse here too, because it allows you to get some double dip scaling with physical spells AND give you even more insane physical mitigation. Basically a flat 25% physical damage taken reduction since you're CI.

Although I wouldn't recommend it, even Roth's Reach has some benefit with spells (chain is strong).

"
Starfires wrote:
By the way, using the quiver doesn't limit you to just those abilities. Voltaxic Rift and the Tempest are both still very good with lightning spells.

Even post nerf, Voltaxic Rift's 60% chaos conversion can be really strong with spark/arc/lightning call.

Darkscorn is a surprising dark horse here too, because it allows you to get some double dip scaling with physical spells AND give you even more insane physical mitigation. Basically a flat 25% physical damage taken reduction since you're CI.

Although I wouldn't recommend it, even Roth's Reach has some benefit with spells (chain is strong).

This is the same thought I had. I am not sure what lightning skills are working well right now...just know that arc was nerfed last season. Haven't played in forever though.
"
Starfires wrote:

If you were to go the darkscorn route, what main attack skill would you use?
Blade Vortex or Bladefall are the main ones people will think of. Or the forgotten Ethereal Knives.

But since you are actually using a 260 dps bow, there are a few more things that work. Rain of Arrows, Tornado Shot

Food for thought, level 17 Bladefall is 359. Level 17 Rain of Arrows (with Darkscorn and Soul Strike, no other modifiers/passives, etc) is about 359 average damage.

Now a level 19 (432) and 20 (475) Bladefall will do much better, but while leveling Rain of Arrows will do surprisingly similar amounts of damage and in fact probably does more until you can get a Bladefall gem high enough.

Although all of this calculations ignore critical strike. It's ~probably~ a wash after you factor accuracy, but I am just being lazy.

Did you kill Uber Izaro? If yes, any advice with this build?
"
Starfires wrote:
Blade Vortex or Bladefall are the main ones people will think of. Or the forgotten Ethereal Knives.

But since you are actually using a 260 dps bow, there are a few more things that work. Rain of Arrows, Tornado Shot

Food for thought, level 17 Bladefall is 359. Level 17 Rain of Arrows (with Darkscorn and Soul Strike, no other modifiers/passives, etc) is about 359 average damage.

Now a level 19 (432) and 20 (475) Bladefall will do much better, but while leveling Rain of Arrows will do surprisingly similar amounts of damage and in fact probably does more until you can get a Bladefall gem high enough.

Although all of this calculations ignore critical strike. It's ~probably~ a wash after you factor accuracy, but I am just being lazy.

If you gonna go Darkscorn with other spells instead of caustic arrow, which is not a spell, do we need to respec the tree? whole tree do not have any spell damage, it concentrated on chaos damage and DOT.
I currently started to play this build, but I can't see how you gain endurance charges for IC?
"
I currently started to play this build, but I can't see how you gain endurance charges for IC?

You don't need EC with IC it lasts long enough to mitigate damage. Longer if linked to Increased Duration.
I'm currently leveling up a bladefall trap variant of this build and am really enjoying it.

I've not picked up Vile Bastion yet, so am using an Eye of Chayula. I was curious about how effective you have found Vile Bastion to be for stun immunity - I'm a little concerned about spammy attackers being able to stun lock me, such as a +% damage crematorium boss for example.
"
Ouchy wrote:
I'm currently leveling up a bladefall trap variant of this build and am really enjoying it.

I've not picked up Vile Bastion yet, so am using an Eye of Chayula. I was curious about how effective you have found Vile Bastion to be for stun immunity - I'm a little concerned about spammy attackers being able to stun lock me, such as a +% damage crematorium boss for example.

I played such a kind of build last league with voltaxic and storm call.
And you're right.. monsters like crema boss or Merveil, can easily stunlock you.
So you should be ready to use a log out macro (not convinced by this) or use Kiara's Determination (highly recommended).

Of course you can have luck and never get stun locked.. but in the end there will mostly come a situation, what could end pretty rippy, due to no Stun avoidance except vile bastion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info