[3.5] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | 2m dps+ | Uber Farmer| Elder & Shaper Down

"
Completed 26 Challenges4erdalis wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to go for a, ancerstral warchief build so I looked at your work, this is really helpful and I'll probably go for the zerker version but I have a question regarding your high budget tree: I don't understand why for you bloodmagic is a high budget option, and do you still have enough hp after reservation?

Thank you!


you never use auras together with bloog magic. its all written down in the guide. and at the times i created the banner, shield was a top tier one. now with the +1 totems on shields craft ist lost huge in value
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
Completed 9 Challengesexec85 wrote:
Hi,

I am following your guide and I love it so far.

I only got two questions:

1. Would you recommend using Tukohama and full physical damage? Or would you use the new +1 Totem crafting and use auras? If so, which Auras? So far before I got my Tukohamas, I used Hatred+the physical damage aura (purity of ...).

2. Is pyhsical damage endgame viable or do I have to switch to elemental dmg gems?

Thanks!


tokuhama offers another playstyle with its blood magic. booth are elemental dmg & pyhsical scaling (but with the tukohama we dont use auras). but i would not recommend the +1 crafting for the normal version because you would loose dmg if you wear it together with multiple totems support
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
Donny1211 wrote:
Hey, just checked your gear and I don't see any chaos resistance in your it. How do you deal with the shortage of chaos resistance other than Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask?


because we dont try to facetank things and let our totems do the work chaos res isnt as needed as on other melee builds (active dodge is the key to success)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Jan 8, 2019, 4:30:11 AM
"
Completed 11 Challengeskendo3 wrote:
this has probably been asked and answered somewhere in the almost 400 pages of your guide. really wish the forums had a way to search an entire thread easily :)

I noticed in the gear section that you are leveling CWDT, and associated gems, to level 20. almost all other guides keep CWDT at level 1 or 2 so it triggers more often. what is the advantage / reason to max level it?

want to add my thanks for all the work put into this guide, it has been so helpful


because im to lazy to cast my golem by myself and with abyssus you have a lower CWDT treshold than normal
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Just done the uber elder with this build. Many thanks <3
What do you think about abyssal jewels with flat phys to attack?
are they worth trying with rigwald's curse?
Last edited by Jizaspl96 on Jan 9, 2019, 7:46:25 PM
"
Completed 11 ChallengesJizaspl96 wrote:
What do you think about abyssal jewels with flat phys to attack?
are they worth trying with rigwald's curse?

This is the belt I use with abyssal jewels.

As far as in the skill tree, I go for a mix of Attack Speed and Damage like these
Last edited by Tallion99 on Jan 10, 2019, 9:51:38 AM
Played this extensively as my Betrayal league starter and this build works amazingly. One of the builds I can definitely recommend for Uber Elder. Killed it 5 times before moving on to another character, not deathless but no close calls after the first one either.

Overall, I have a few additions to make:

1) The damage is quite ridiculous already, so Abyssus is not often useful. Definitely recommend swapping it to a Deidbell for mapping, which gives you extra 20% attack and move speed making mapping a lot more enjoyable.

2) This is an important one and I think should be edited into the build: Starting this league, Tukohama's Fortress is not worth it. Not only do we have 2 extra totems, so the fifth one is only a 25% more dps boost, but the new +1 totem shield prefix makes tukohama redundant.

Tukohama would also disallow use of both Hatred and, what's more important, Herald of Purity, so I really don't see a situation where it's a good shield anymore.

3) War Banner is pretty good. We never get stacks for it, so placing it is useless, but it still gives 10% increased damage taken by enemies for a measly 10% mana reservation



Here's some of my gear. I opted for reduced mana reservation on the shield to make my life a bit easier, but it's not necessary, totems don't cost *that* much. Life is always good, extra resists help go full out on damage rings and amulet.

Overall, 8/10, ridiculous DPS, very safe gameplay-wise, but still has that trademark Berserker fragility. A good boss killer if you understand your fights at least a bit.

If anyone's curious, character name is AncestralPogChief
Last edited by Cypher121 on Jan 14, 2019, 8:56:35 PM
"
Completed 36 ChallengesCypher121 wrote:
Played this extensively as my Betrayal league starter and this build works amazingly. One of the builds I can definitely recommend for Uber Elder. Killed it 5 times before moving on to another character, not deathless but no close calls after the first one either.

Overall, I have a few additions to make:

1) The damage is quite ridiculous already, so Abyssus is not often useful. Definitely recommend swapping it to a Deidbell for mapping, which gives you extra 20% attack and move speed making mapping a lot more enjoyable.

2) This is an important one and I think should be edited into the build: Starting this league, Tukohama's Fortress is not worth it. Not only do we have 2 extra totems, so the fifth one is only a 25% more dps boost, but the new +1 totem shield prefix makes tukohama redundant.

Tukohama would also disallow use of both Hatred and, what's more important, Herald of Purity, so I really don't see a situation where it's a good shield anymore.

3) War Banner is pretty good. We never get stacks for it, so placing it is useless, but it still gives 10% increased damage taken by enemies for a measly 10% mana reservation



Here's some of my gear. I opted for reduced mana reservation on the shield to make my life a bit easier, but it's not necessary, totems don't cost *that* much. Life is always good, extra resists help go full out on damage rings and amulet.

Overall, 8/10, ridiculous DPS, very safe gameplay-wise, but still has that trademark Berserker fragility. A good boss killer if you understand your fights at least a bit.

If anyone's curious, character name is AncestralPogChief


ty for your feedback, but i think tukohma is still a viable option if you seek more defense (life etc) because as you said yourself. you do more than enough dmg for the whole content
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
Completed 29 Challengesguggelhupf wrote:

ty for your feedback, but i think tukohma is still a viable option if you seek more defense (life etc) because as you said yourself. you do more than enough dmg for the whole content


Tukohama doesn't really give much defense though. It gives 100 life max, no res, and about 2k armor. The armor is great, but I saw quite a few shields with 120 life, 100+ resist and an open prefix for the totem mod for less than 20c in first week of the league. That resist and the ability to run hatred+purity affords much more freedom when choosing jewelry, since you can go easier on damage and resists, focusing more on life and other useful stats.

In the end it's your call, but I really don't see how it can compare to a good rare shield with the totem craft (unless they remove that).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info