[2.3] 2MIL DPS (4MIL in theory) JUGGERNAUT New Era of COC DISCHARGE (Uber Atziri/ Core Deathless)

"
lapilesos wrote:
Question regarding Atziry fight:

Does using Frenzy (as stationary generation skill)+AA instead of HoI isn't a solution to facetank?

It might be a solution to facetank, but I'd prefer not to cause you lose too much from dropping HOI (triiger EE) and cyclone (proc rate). Instead, using decoy totem and whirlblade is enough to self dodge flameblast.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
What do u think of a cheap alternative where crafting "add x-x cold damage" mod on the dagger and leave HoI out. Save the multi-mod cost (can't afford) and free up 25% mana reservation.

"
What do u think of a cheap alternative where crafting "add x-x cold damage" mod on the dagger and leave HoI out. Save the multi-mod cost (can't afford) and free up 25% mana reservation.

You can do that if you want, but remember to at least get crit chance mod on vagan dagger.

HoI is not only for trigger EE but also rly helpful for clearing speed cause ur discharge will be able to shatter. Besides, we only use purity fire/ HoI/ Poacher's mark curse aura. With this setup, we wont have mana cost issue in map clearing. But we might have in boss fight. So, We can always turn off poacher's mark curse aura in boss fight to free up our reserved mana, instead, using another -res curse in vengeance coh combo.
"
"

You can do that if you want, but remember to at least get crit chance mod on vagan dagger.

HoI is not only for trigger EE but also rly helpful for clearing speed cause ur discharge will be able to shatter. Besides, we only use purity fire/ HoI/ Poacher's mark curse aura. With this setup, we wont have mana cost issue in map clearing. But we might have in boss fight. So, We can always turn off poacher's mark curse aura in boss fight to free up our reserved mana, instead, using another -res curse in vengeance coh combo.

I actually went for attack speed on my other dagger than Crit chance. Having 60% crit chance (no PC) for cyclone for me its faily ok for the proc (RNG still fucks me sometimes but not very often)

In addition, getting attack speed on jewel is a bit expensive as CoC is the prime meta atm. Yet Vagan only charges me 4 chaos for 12-14% attack speed. Crit chance on jewel is easier to comeby.

I Also use different set-up for gems than you for curses. Here is my gear. What's your opinion? With warlord mark as my main blasphemy, most of my boss fights (no curse immune) has no isssue with mana whatsoever.

Spoiler

Note: I changed my dagger after the point of writing this. The Royal Skean is the new one I just acquired.
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Jul 31, 2016, 12:15:57 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
WOW

Kaom's rings cost 5 exalt a piece now?

Will the Non Prophecy Koam's Way ring work for this build?

Kaom's Way rings are 15-20C....
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"

I have been using these. Instead of HoI I have been using Clarity so I never have to worry about mana issues when whirling across long distances or in boss fights.

Honestly though, mana is not an issue even without clarity. At first it was; that is why I went this route. Now though, I have .6% mana leech on my boots and I added a vinktar flask so I no longer need Clarity. I am actually trying to find an alternate aura to replace clarity with but it looks like I might have to just go back to HoI.

EDIT: one other thing I would like to mention. I prefer Assassin's Mark over Poacher's Mark to give more consistent crits with discharge.
Last edited by __SirPuFFaLoT__ on Jul 30, 2016, 9:19:57 PM
"
"

I have been using these. Instead of HoI I have been using Clarity so I never have to worry about mana issues when whirling across long distances or in boss fights.

Honestly though, mana is not an issue even without clarity. At first it was; that is why I went this route. Now though, I have .6% mana leech on my boots and I added a vinktar flask so I no longer need Clarity. I am actually trying to find an alternate aura to replace clarity with but it looks like I might have to just go back to HoI.

EDIT: one other thing I would like to mention. I prefer Assassin's Mark over Poacher's Mark to give more consistent crits with discharge.

There are pros and cons for each curse set-up:

Assassin's Mark
- Generates PC, easier to proc

- Needs to kill mobs to get the regen -> single rare mob might be a problem

Poacher's Mark
- Very reliable mana regen source for mapping

- Pretty useless for single target

Warlord's Mark
- Very good regen for both packs and single target

- Need to be precise and need high proc rate since you only regen when procs

My favourite by-far is Warlord as its great for mapping and single target. I hate using mana flask so this suitss me best. Hardly ever do I ever have mana problem with fights against Uber Izaro or Atziri. Also the life leech it provides add another layer of defence as regen from Kingsguard might not be enough sometimes.
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Jul 31, 2016, 12:36:53 AM
"
I actually went for attack speed on my other dagger than Crit chance. Having 60% crit chance (no PC) for cyclone for me its faily ok for the proc (RNG still fucks me sometimes but not very often)

In addition, getting attack speed on jewel is a bit expensive as CoC is the prime meta atm. Yet Vagan only charges me 4 chaos for 12-14% attack speed. Crit chance on jewel is easier to comeby.

I Also use different set-up for gems than you for curses. Here is my gear. What's your opinion? With warlord mark as my main blasphemy, most of my boss fights (no curse immune) has no isssue with mana whatsoever.

Spoiler

Note: I changed my dagger after the point of writing this. The Royal Skean is the new one I just acquired.

When dual wielding cyclone, each weapon hits once per spin.
You can press C to see ur character offence stats. There's not only main hand but also off hand stats.
So in your case, you will have to get cold dmg in both of ur daggers, so is crit chance.

I think the problem u cant use hoi is because you use lv2 enlighten.
You have to at least get a lv3 enlighten, then you can have enough unreserved mana with using purity fire/hoi/curse aura in clearing map.
"

There are pros and cons for each curse set-up:

Assassin's Mark
- Generates PC, easier to proc

- Needs to kill mobs to get the regen -> single rare mob might be a problem

Poacher's Mark
- Very reliable mana regen source for mapping

- Pretty useless for single target

Warlord's Mark
- Very good regen for both packs and single target

- Need to be precise and need high proc rate since you only regen when procs

My favourite by-far is Warlord as its great for mapping and single target. I hate using mana flask so this suitss me best. Hardly ever do I ever have mana problem with fights against Uber Izaro or Atziri. Also the life leech it provides add another layer of defence as regen from Kingsguard might not be enough sometimes.

The best curse for clearing map is Poacher's mark, cause it not only gives u mana gain on hit but also provides infinite flask charges. That means you can always have your silver/quick silver/diamond flasks up which provide you the highest clearing speed.

Assassin mark is less efficient as I said previously, cause with 65% cyclone crit chance, we can alrdy have 88% with diamond flask up (w/o any power charges). Besides, that 20% more dmg from assassin mark somehow will let us facing more serious reflect problem.

Note that Warlord mark is the least efficient one in this build, basically you only use it to solve mana cost issue, but we alrdy have other solution and you sacrifice too much dps output anyway.

The best way for boss fight, is to take off ur self cast curse aura to free up ur reserved mana, and use all curses on vengeance coh combo. In your case, you can use 2 curses (I see you take additional curse on tree), so you can link ele weakness/flammability with vengeance coh. Normally, this dmg is enough for killing almost all boss before your mana are all drained. You can always replace silver flask for another mana flask if the boss fight will last too long.

Dont forget to get a mana leech enchantment on boots, its somehow helpful.
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 31, 2016, 3:03:31 AM
To be honest. The main reason for me to prefer warlord over poacher is that my dex is only at 124. Your dex is higher than me partially u have a Headhunter which I dont :( With my current set-up and budget, I can't really get beyond (or has to wait until lvl 90+). That's why I think f*ck it, warlord all the way xD. I also maintain good flask management so getting more flask charges for me personally slightly irrelevant (only for me, others might find it helpful)

There is another useful enchant for boots: "x% regen of life and mana when HIT recently". Perfect suit for our set-up

And btw, I just tried using mana flask and dual ele + flam curse. I think this build should be classified "illegal"
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Jul 31, 2016, 5:46:55 PM
"
To be honest. The main reason for me to prefer warlord over poacher is that my dex is only at 124. Your dex is higher than me partially u have a Headhunter which I dont :( With my current set-up and budget, I can't really get beyond (or has to wait until lvl 90+). That's why I think f*ck it, warlord all the way xD. I also maintain good flask management so getting more flask charges for me personally slightly irrelevant (only for me, others might find it helpful)

There is another useful enchant for boots: "x% regen of life and mana when HIT recently". Perfect suit for our set-up

And btw, I just tried using mana flask and dual ele + flam curse. I think this build should be classified "illegal"

The level of curse doesnt effect that much, the mana gain on hit from lvl13 to lvl20 is 9 to 12, unless 9 mana gain on hit is not enough to sustain ur mana cost. (I doubt it)

you can check the precise data in
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poacher%27s_Mark

And about the enchantment, I think you're right, "x% regen of life and mana when HIT recently" should be the best one which i missed. Bcz we can always trigger "when hit" with scold's bridle. I'll update it in my guide, thanks for pointing this out.

ya this build single target dmg is really good, you will feel more illegal once you try RF on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info