Reddit hacked?

Keepass is a legit and well-regarded program.

Please don't be stupid, folks.

The "security vulnerability" is a hypothetical one and relies on some pretty specific actions taken by a potential hijacker: gain access to a machine, spoof a Keepass update notice, user clicks on spoofed update notice and downloads software from a mysteriously different location or happens to have a vulnerability on their system that allows code execution.

Password vaults should be treated carefully, but they are a very good option for keeping your passwords complex, safe, and unique.
"
TrojanRabbit wrote:
I want to post this important Information on Reddit, no one will read it here because of shitty post structure :( ("my mother left me" or "first" should be downvoted... or give a permaban in forum)

There's a bit of information in the larger discussion about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4q8vvu/rpathofexile_hacked/d4r2vwc
Pete's Simple Path of Exile Tools: http://exiletools.com
Item Price Lookup Macro, Ladder API, Price API, League Reports, Item Reports, and more!
Last edited by pwx on Jun 28, 2016, 9:25:12 AM
SERIOUS BUSINESS
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Good thing

Well deserved to this circlejerk

There is a reason why you are one of the few people that I like in this community! ;o)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Tykero wrote:
Keepass is a legit and well-regarded program.

Please don't be stupid, folks.

The "security vulnerability" is a hypothetical one and relies on some pretty specific actions taken by a potential hijacker: gain access to a machine, spoof a Keepass update notice, user clicks on spoofed update notice and downloads software from a mysteriously different location or happens to have a vulnerability on their system that allows code execution.

Password vaults should be treated carefully, but they are a very good option for keeping your passwords complex, safe, and unique.

I wouldnt be surprised with password vault program end up having unforeseen vulnerability.
Software like this will high level of encryption but there's always some people that will have access to the "keys" which completely defeats the purpose of encryption.

Look all the proud Apple nuts that would sacrifice their first born to get an iPhone... see how their state of the art iCloud security getting slapped left and right by some college kids remember?... yeah...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info