Reddit hacked?

"
Pewzor wrote:
Is Pohx really hacked?
Hope they didn't get his poe account.

If he uses the same password everywhere, he'll have brought that on himself. Still, wouldn't wish that to anyone.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Nazerk wrote:
"
Someone just messed with the css code of the site.
If you look in the code it looks completely normal, but if you look in the css file, you'll see the differents:
https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/IklMlpPGFNF4VbBPqTO12FQ3hDzTphU19xRlSVgcWzw.css

if you go to one of the headlines, you still see the reply textbox, as it visually overlaps the changes from the css :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4q7igy/finally_got_the_3640_monkey_anyone_else_feel_like/

this is the image he use:
b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/gYyrZ6B_zRqa1SaDyw7WpvrCW9HjalJo_dOiWOCrGkg.png

Is going on the sub right now compromising?

Most probably, no. There's nothing compromising in the CSS change for end users, however there are ways to encode files into images so I wouldn't risk it. Currently running a virus scan because I visited the page myself before people posted about it.
"
Pewzor wrote:
Is Pohx really hacked?

there is a recorded phonecall on youtube someone alrdy posted it here somewhere... he gave him the accounts back... i wonder what they were searching for... mb how much they make since he was in his paypal account...
"
XRacKS wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
Is Pohx really hacked?

there is a recorded phonecall on youtube someone alrdy posted it here somewhere... he gave him the accounts back... i wonder what they were searching for... mb how much they make since he was in his paypal account...

Cool so they just got bored and did it for the giggles then.

Pohx always lucky. Change your password.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Most probably, no. There's nothing compromising in the CSS change for end users, however there are ways to encode files into images so I wouldn't risk it. Currently running a virus scan because I visited the page myself before people posted about it.

Thanks for the reply , I visited the page before threads popd up too :/. I'll run a scan , and update my post right after.
Currently the pathofexile subreddit (reddit.com/r/pathofexile) is defaced and not usable. Here is how you can use it again:

1. Go to any other subreddit, or the reddit frontpage.
2. Go to preferences --> display options
3. Uncheck "Allow custom themes."

After that you should be able to use the subreddit again, just with the standard reddit theme. Hope this helps some people. Use at your own risk, tho.
"
Nazerk wrote:
"
Someone just messed with the css code of the site.
If you look in the code it looks completely normal, but if you look in the css file, you'll see the differents:
https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/IklMlpPGFNF4VbBPqTO12FQ3hDzTphU19xRlSVgcWzw.css

if you go to one of the headlines, you still see the reply textbox, as it visually overlaps the changes from the css :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4q7igy/finally_got_the_3640_monkey_anyone_else_feel_like/

this is the image he use:
b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/gYyrZ6B_zRqa1SaDyw7WpvrCW9HjalJo_dOiWOCrGkg.png

Is going on the sub right now compromising?

Not at all, as it is only visually changed, nothing phishy about it :)
He now wrote an update that he "hacked" a second mod as well.
Someone in the sub reddit said that phenxx got hacked, no mention of any second mod.
Poe Trade is also down, maybe it got hacked too.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info