I Need help on how should I farm currency

"
Bars wrote:
you'll see they generally go for clear speed and don't pick up too much items.

while it's difficult to overcome the curiousity, being aware of the fact that most items below item level 80 can't have maximum rolls on their affixes anyway, helps alot.

at least it helped me, even if it took a while.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
you'll see they generally go for clear speed and don't pick up too much items.

while it's difficult to overcome the curiousity, being aware of the fact that most items below item level 80 can't have maximum rolls on their affixes anyway, helps alot.

at least it helped me, even if it took a while.

What helped me the most was the realization PoE does have a single currency defining all others and this currency is time. Each time you pick up a rare item, then identify it, take the time to read its affixes, then drop it on the ground or, worse, teleport back to base and vendor it, then go from the vendor to the stash tab to place the currency, you're losing time. When you see it has crap affixes, you might be thinking 'damn, I didn't get lucky this time but hey, I'm not losing anything'.... you're wrong. Each item costs you time and when you are doing a hundred little things which slow you down, it adds up.

The single most important aspect of mastering PoE and getting good at the game is time management and cutting off all inefficient actions you're performing. When you get good at it, you arrive at the point where some players are wondering how the hell is it possible for someone to be selling multiple new six-link chests every day at the beginning of a league, to have double-digit exalts in a few days or to hit 90 in no time and they think 'it must be RMT, cheating, blah blah'. No, it isn't. It's just that playing PoE the 'standard' way, going through most of the content and sifting through most of the item drops, is incredibly slow and inefficient.

We all know GGG doesn't like players leveling and farming quickly and we all know they have various XP and drop penalties in place to slow us down... What most people don't realise is GGG's 'secret weapon': they are trying to bury players beneath a mountain of trash items to slow them down. And it does work. You need a serious paradigm shift to go from the inherent curiosity of "what if this item I didn't identiy is a GG item' to 'that crap's just slowing me down'.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 27, 2016, 7:39:11 AM
"
Bars wrote:
PoE does have a single currency defining all others and this currency is time.

exactly.

it's a personal decision to either waste it or win the game, you can't have both.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Bars wrote:
What helped me the most was the realization PoE does have a single currency defining all others and this currency is time...

This guy has it figured out.
"900 runs Vol - 1 brittle emperor and 0 exalted orbs. that game best for slave. best for spend time."
-1ndig0
It's been 3-4 days since i created this thread. Apologies for taking so long to respond to such elavorated answers, helped me a lot ...

This are the results:
http://puu.sh/pLrCb/b03498fc1b.jpg

Something like 1.3 EX a day

Also an Heretick's veil decide mask, that apparently sells for 6EX. I didn't sell a single item to a player yet, I just bought/changed currency with PoE-Trade (I will read how to sell later).
"
Vexfer wrote:
It's been 3-4 days since i created this thread. Apologies for taking so long to respond to such elavorated answers, helped me a lot ...

This are the results:
http://puu.sh/pLrCb/b03498fc1b.jpg

Something like 1.3 EX a day

Also an Heretick's veil decide mask, that apparently sells for 6EX. I didn't sell a single item to a player yet, I just bought/changed currency with PoE-Trade (I will read how to sell later).

I remember not having a currency tab.. *nightmares*
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:28:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info