[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

Yeah the gear is a bit of a problem: Stuff like The Broken Crown and Wurm's Molt do nothing for our build. Any Rare (prioritize life and ele resistances) would be better. Same goes for the rings and amulet; try to get some life there too.
I am not sure if it's a coincidence that you have quite a bit of Energy shield on your gear. Just to make sure: Energy Shield is not something you should look for in this build. It recieves a penalty from Acrobatics and when you run blood rage it will never be up, so it's basicallly useless.

Passive tree: You have already taken almost all the damage nodes, so obviously almost all the remaining levels will go into life nodes (Golem's Blood, Thick Skin & Bravery). If you feel you can't progress without more life and you can't get better life gear soon, then drop some crit multi nodes (Throat Seeker, Sword Crit multi) and spec into more life. I have to admit that i should have mentioned a priority list for the passives to take while leveling in the guide - my bad, i will take care of that.

Gems & links:

Leap Slam: Try to link the Fortify support to it. It's a big defense boost if you can keep the fortify buff up most of the time.

5L Oro's: If you are going to try linking the Oro's manually, then buy yourself a cheap 6 socket - it's a waste to miss out on the chance for a 6L. But until then, why not use the 5L chest for your Flicker strike setup? The one you have now isn't ideal to get the red sockets we need, but 5L chests are very cheap (1-5c) and it shouldn't be hard to buy & craft something that's at least as good as the one you're using. Maybe buy something that already has the right colours.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 26, 2016, 8:57:59 AM
Hey guys. I was thinking of playing this build. But question on one of the passive nodes. Blood drinker. We are getting it purely for the life correct? since the leech is irrelevent for us since we deal no phys?
IGN Tyela
"
stevenk92 wrote:
Hey guys. I was thinking of playing this build. But question on one of the passive nodes. Blood drinker. We are getting it purely for the life correct? since the leech is irrelevent for us since we deal no phys?

Yep. 8% life is a big deal, and its close to the start so it helps during leveling.
why would you recommend us specific gem links when you are using almost completely different ones? why don't you just update the gem links or at least tell us what we're supposed to use? instead of just telling us to do something and then just using something else
"
why would you recommend us specific gem links when you are using almost completely different ones? why don't you just update the gem links or at least tell us what we're supposed to use? instead of just telling us to do something and then just using something else

Sorry, what?:) I'm not sure to what you're referring to specifically... the gem links described in the guide ("Gem links" section) are what i think is ideal - those combinations have been tested and they work.

I have switched gem links for atziri runs; the reasoning for that was discussed earlier in the comments section. Are you talking about that setup?
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 29, 2016, 10:49:06 AM
"
EvilChomsky wrote:
"

Sorry, what?:) I'm not sure to what you're referring to specifically... the gem links described in the guide ("Gem links" section) are what i think is ideal - those combinations have been tested and they work.

I have switched gem links for atziri runs; the reasoning for that was discussed earlier in the comments section. Are you talking about that setup?

in your **GEAR** you have different gem sockets thatn the ones you mentioned and i was wondering why did you do that or why didn't you mention the change and why did you find it good/better than the one you recommended us to do
You can disregard the Gear section when it comes to gem links; most of the changes there are the result of me being too lazy to try rerolling the socket colours of the corrupted Southbound gloves with Vorici. So i made some minor changes in order for it to work with the socket colours i have - it's a convenience thing and by no means better than what i recommend in the "Gem Links" section.

I suppose it's a valid question though: I will mention it in the according sections of the guide.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 30, 2016, 8:55:58 AM
Hey, just a simple question here.

In the guide, about gloves options, you mentioned that in essence you can craft a pair of gloves with the critical mod.

I'm pretty sure that the +3,5 BASE critical chance only applies to socketed gems. I'm wrong or you're suggesting to run a 4-links flicker on these? Because, yep, it's better than a 5-links flicker that include Increased Critical chance, but i dunno if it is better than a full 6-links flicker. What's your opinion?

Btw thanks for the guide, i have find this inspiring and useful while making my own Oro's Fliker.
"
etkratos wrote:
Hey, just a simple question here.

In the guide, about gloves options, you mentioned that in essence you can craft a pair of gloves with the critical mod.

I'm pretty sure that the +3,5 BASE critical chance only applies to socketed gems. I'm wrong or you're suggesting to run a 4-links flicker on these? Because, yep, it's better than a 5-links flicker that include Increased Critical chance, but i dunno if it is better than a full 6-links flicker. What's your opinion?

Btw thanks for the guide, i have find this inspiring and useful while making my own Oro's Fliker.

Yes, i wasn't talking about the 3.5% base crit, as you suspected. I should clarify that in the guide. I meant gloves crafted with an "of Loathing" essence: A well rolled pair of these (Crit, high Life, Res and/or Attack speed and/or flat Ele damage) i would consider every bit as good as the existing unique item options - maybe with the exception of Atziri's acuity.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the guide, thanks!:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Nov 1, 2016, 10:54:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info