[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

Hey, just started trying out the build. Would you recommend or advise against using a voidheart?

Here is the set-up i'm currently rocking at level 55- Its going pretty awesome, but with only 57~67% chance to crit its a bit of a hit-or-miss with the infinite flicker strike.
Spoiler

Also the planned upgrades I have lined up too if you have any suggestion/recommendations
Spoiler
Hi,

yes during leveling the crit isn't great sometimes - it will all come together when you have your full ascendancy tree and the fully leveled crit strikes gem and assassin's mark. A Diamond Flask helps too.

Voidheart is probably ok as long as you are using Terminus est, but later when you are running Oro's this will be an ele damage build, so voidheart becomes useless.

I am not sure how consistent your curse on hit setup is working right now...? In case it's not working too well, link Herald of ice to CoH-Assassin's mark too (instead of Knockback). As far as i can see you are only using 1 curse right now, so why the Windscreams?:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
I ran out of chroms trying for the BBBG and settled on BBBR :p Would you recommend
In place of those shoes if I can get BBB on them, atleast until I can get the sockets the right colors on windscream(and also pick up the curse on hit gloves)?
Last edited by djfang on Aug 31, 2016, 12:44:43 PM
Well it won't be long until you can switch to Oro's, so i wouldn't invest a huge deal into your temporary setup for the next 10 levels or so.

Blood dance surely work (although increased movement speed and reduced attack speed isn't ideal for flicker strike - the other way around it would be better). I just noticed that you do not seem to be running blood rage; as soon as you have some life leech and/or regen i would recommend you start using blood rage too.

The colours on windscreams are not easy, that's true. It may well be cheaper to just buy a pair of windscreams that already has the right colours. I just picked up a corrupted one with 3b and a white socket.

As an alternative, you can try to get those colours on your gloves:
Later with Oro's you won't be using Meginord's, so pick up some int or int-hybrid gloves (if not southbounds) and get the 3b1g there maybe...

By the way you can obviously replace windscreams by blood dance or other boots if you want to, and use a doedre's damning ring when you get your second curse (or even a +1 curse amulet, but those aren't cheap).
Just keep in mind that you will need to cap your resistances eventually and blood dance + doedre's do not make that super easy.

My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Sep 1, 2016, 10:41:12 AM
Will this build be updated for 2.4? Thx. Probably now take the ele dmg from beginning of the tree?
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
Stone__Cold wrote:
Will this build be updated for 2.4? Thx. Probably now take the ele dmg from beginning of the tree?

The build is 2.4-ready as far as i can see; nothing has changed (please let me know if i am forgetting about some relevant change). We are already taking the Ele dmg nodes at the start - not sure which ones you mean...:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Yeah, I was kinda tired and only had time to play before I asked for about an hour before work, so I wasn't sure as I just started a new char :D It is 2.4 ready and works like a charm. :D Thx again.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Hey I just want to say thank you. I am playing your build in Essence. Level 75.
Recently got luck with divination cards, max role Kaom's Heart.
Life 4,6k
I was wondering about Southbound. At the moment i need them, but i would prefer Snakebite.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for the build! I've been using it for a while now and having lots and lots of fun. It's really great and getting better as I upgrade my gear in the new league which is both fun and satisfying.

However I'd like to ask how do you deal with elemental reflect? I didin't cap level or gear yet and there's still some places to improve but I'm generally good against everyone but elemental reflect rare monsters. It wouldn't be much of a problem, as I can clear everything so fast it still is super quick way of going through maps, but whenever I try to level up - single rare pack can simply neutralize my whole map's progress. Many times I am going so fast I can't even see the rare monster before I hit it and one-hit-kill myself in the process.

What's the mystery that I am missing here? Or maybe is that just a drawback that I'll have to deal with forever with this build?
Thanks for the comments, glad you're enjoying it.

"
I was wondering about Southbound. At the moment i need them, but i would prefer Snakebite.

Snakebites:You are aware that we do not benefit from poison though, right? I guess one could make an argument for them because of the attack speed. Was that your reason to want them?

"
Many times I am going so fast I can't even see the rare monster before I hit it and one-hit-kill myself in the process.

What's the mystery that I am missing here? Or maybe is that just a drawback that I'll have to deal with forever with this build?

I'll say yes and no:P While i absolutely know what you're talking about, i actually was able to deal with it quite well after a while. I'll try to explain how i adjusted my playstyle to that problem. But first i should ask: You did grab Acrobatics, and you are running Arctic Armour, right? That would be the first steps to solve the problem.

Then there is a great Ring you can use: Sibyl's Lament (30% reduced elemental damage taken from reflect)...it has wed, life, fire damage - perfect ring for our build.

Playstyle adjustment: Don't just try to chain-flicker the entire map in one long right click. Rather go to a pack, and use a short burst of flicker to take it down, then leap into the next pack (refreshing your Fortify) and only start flickering again after you had a second to check it for a reflect rare. Once you get used to the style of play you'll be killing one pack while already checking out the next pack at the edge of the screen and the whole thing will become very fluid. So it's: Flicker through one or two packs - stop/leap slam - check out your sourroundings - repeat.

If you see a reflect rare coming, you can either pop a ruby flask which should keep you alive if you do not attack too often in a row, or you can just let warchief totem take care of it. In my videos you can see that i also run a Quartz flask for some additional chance to dodge - reflect is partially the reason why.

So in the end it's about several layers of defense and making use of all of them: Arctic Armour, Fortify, Sibyl's Lament, Ruby flask, chance to dodge, warchief totem and a large health pool...if you make good use of these things, you'll find that reflect doesn't have to be a problem.

If you feel that the things i described above do not work for you, you can invest 4 points to grab Vaal Pact on the passive tree (or buy Atziri's Acuity gloves if you can afford them). The instant leech should increase your chances of survival by a lot - while costing you your life regen.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Sep 18, 2016, 6:45:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info