[2.3][SC][800kDPS]End-game Crit Flame Totem Build

"
Why? A bunch of us were trying to figure this out in Discord and we can't see any benefit compared to taking neither of those things when you have Blood Magic already. What are we all missing?

EDIT: we were all missing chaos damage, but MoM doesn't even help with DoTs and non-DoT chaos damage is trivial.

having blood magic just negates 100% damage taken from spell when on low mana from the infernal mantle.
Also, stacking EHP is just more efficient for most spell caster builds. Whether EB or not.
"
viperesque wrote:
"
MoM + EB is must have (better survability);

Why? A bunch of us were trying to figure this out in Discord and we can't see any benefit compared to taking neither of those things when you have Blood Magic already. What are we all missing?

EDIT: we were all missing chaos damage, but MoM doesn't even help with DoTs and non-DoT chaos damage is trivial.

Imo because you're never going to start ES regen when you use a skill because of blood magic (and you cast totems and whirling blades a lot). At this point is better to have a flat 30% mitigation than waste 2k es
is spell totem + freezing pulse better?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
First of all: great guide, I'll use this build in 2.4 and tested how to level it until I hit lvl 49.

I got one question though:

Why don't you use 4 points right after you got "Ancestral Bond" and pick "Celestial Judgement" and the 2 fire increasing points? You do not even need any filler since you go south from Ancestral Bond anyways.

I did so while leveling and it was a huge buff for me; I consider using orbs of regrets to free those 4 points in the end if I realize that they're useless in late game, but they feel very good while leveling. I get 26% spellpower, 24% fire damage and 2% elemental penetration with 4 skill points.
Can someone explain to me why we take MoM+EB in this build or what it does? I feel like omitting EB is better because we dont lose our ES.
I get that BM bypasses the negative of Infernal Mantle, but why MoM and EB? I feel like EB moves our ES to the mana slot, and its only ever there for the 30% reduction from MoM.

I just feel like im squishier overall after speccing in EB because I feel like I lost all the mitigation my ES gave me, and now I just have a flat 30% damage reduction, but with a smaller life pool.
Last edited by spartanreborn on Sep 3, 2016, 12:19:28 AM
lets say i have 100 life 100 es and taking 100 dmg

without MOM EB it would be -100ES
with MOM EB BM it would be -70life -30ES

so in the end, im taking same ammount of ehp. BM/MOM/EB combo useless or why ppl use it?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Hi

I make your build but my critical multiplier is blocked at 100% allthought i equip item (gloves, ring, ...) with + % global critical strike multiplier.

Any idea ?
So my dps is 6700 ... far away from 250 000
"
Pantocrator wrote:
Hi

I make your build but my critical multiplier is blocked at 100% allthought i equip item (gloves, ring, ...) with + % global critical strike multiplier.

Looks like you picked up Elemental Overload passive...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Lol sorry you'r right and i'm not enought speed to erase my post when i see that i pick this passive by mistake...

I'm an idiot so i don't erase my post ...

Thanx for the answer.

"
spartanreborn wrote:
Can someone explain to me why we take MoM+EB in this build or what it does? I feel like omitting EB is better because we dont lose our ES.
I get that BM bypasses the negative of Infernal Mantle, but why MoM and EB? I feel like EB moves our ES to the mana slot, and its only ever there for the 30% reduction from MoM.

I just feel like im squishier overall after speccing in EB because I feel like I lost all the mitigation my ES gave me, and now I just have a flat 30% damage reduction, but with a smaller life pool.

I started the essence softcore league with this build and i think i got the whole BM/EB/MoM idea:

First of all you take BM to (obviously) negate the side effect of the Infernal Mantle but furthermore you dont have to bother with mana management at all after the point you specced into it.

Since BM is mandatory for two reasons you don't have the defensive option of going hybrid life/ES anymore because everytime you cast something with BM your ES won't start recharging. This is the reason you take EB.

But you can't cast things with your ES after you specced BM so the only option to compensate for this is MoM. It's not as good as a pure hybrid life/ES combo in terms of eHP but you have ES on your gear anyway. Infernal Mantle + a good ES shield with spell crit chance alone is like 500 - 700 base ES.

to take a look at the eHP with this combo:

example: my templar in ESC lvl 74 now has 3.8k HP and 2.1k ES

the eHP would be: 3.8k (HP) + 700 ES (0.3*2.1k) = 4.5k eHP

i think it works this way because when you get hit your whole ES pool can be taken into account for this calculation since you neither cast anything with it nor is anything of it reserved.

edit 1: as a sidenote i found out that the wiki contains an interesting passage on the Mind over Matter page:

"
Since chaos damage bypasses energy shield the chaos damage will then be applied directly on mana.

it looks like the BM/EB/MoM combo doesn't protect your HP from chaos damage AT ALL.
Forget kings and emperors;

He who holds the coin holds all the power.
Last edited by DocWeed2k1 on Sep 7, 2016, 9:55:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info