Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 3 - Select the special property

What should the secondary special property of the unique be?

10% chance to dodge against taunted enemies, Melee attacks have a 25% chance to Maim taunted enemies, 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies
6108.32%
Double the number of Frenzy and Endurance Charges you gain, 50% increased Frenzy and Endurance Charge Duration
236832.31%
20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding
83011.33%
You have Onslaught while Fortified, 15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun
352048.03%
Poll closed
Be reasonable, prevent eye cancer..... don't vote double charge generation~ =P

You have Onslaught while Fortified, 15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun. Is my pick for most build enabling option.
Last edited by KojiBear on Jun 26, 2016, 9:47:49 PM
"
Luxim wrote:
To everyone that think the effect will increased the maximum number of charges you can hold. You are Wrong.

IT'S "CHARGES YOU GAIN" !

That means you max out your charges twice as fast. IF you have a method of earning charges, then it is already fast enough.

For Example, you can only hold a maximum of 3 Endurance charges without the belt. With the belt, you can still only hold a maximum of 3 Endurance charges. You will only earn the charges FASTER.

This affix is only great for discharge build. Hardly any other build benefit much from this effect.

nice explanation
Ok based on the understanding this is being designed around a duelist, let me persuade you to choose option A.

Option A>
"

10% chance to dodge against taunted enemies, Melee attacks have a 25% chance to Maim taunted enemies, 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies

Taunts from a warcry give us 10% reduced damage taken and now 10% dodge. that's great! the only dodge is Acro and Phase Acro for nodes and a few uniques. dodge is another layer of defense to add. Maim is a 30% slow. That's as slow as a level 21 temp chains. Another great added defense. Life leech is synergistic with all 3 ascendancies. overall top choice

Option B>
"
You have Onslaught while Fortified, 15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun

Onslaught: We have silver flasks which can be 100% onslaught. not to mention slayer already has a onslaught mechanic or you can pick up graceful assault. What are the benefits. 20% increased attack, cast, and movement speed. The gladiator, Champion, and Slayer all have increases to attack speed.
15% chance to gain fortify on stun? 15%?. Fortify can be 100% on stun or perma fortify from Ascendancy. This option "sounds" good since u read onslaught and fortify but it's just a mind trick.

Option C>
"
20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding

Currently only the Gladiator makes use of bleeding and they already have a 50% chance to cause bleeding on attacks. the blind is a 4sec debuff that reduces the chance to be hit. doesn't mean you can't be hit. I'd rather use a stibnite for the blind and 100% evasion.

Option D>
"
Double the number of Frenzy and Endurance Charges you gain, 50% increased Frenzy and Endurance Charge Duration

this option is okay for duelist. it means you'll get to max charges faster and they'll last about 20secs. on the other hand I ask myself "do I ever have problems attaining charges" not really. It's not a huge gain. instead one charge per hit you'll get 2.

TL:DR don't be that guy that chooses something because it was the shortest and easiest description to read. Pick A
Last edited by Madhatter0 on Jun 26, 2016, 9:56:23 PM
"20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding" is terrible. You'd need to hit an enemy an average of 10 times before blinding them, and that's only if you hit fast enough to blind them before their bleeding runs out.

GGG, please stop making, thinking of, suggesting, or doing anything except ruthlessly crushing the idea of skills and items that rely on a chain of effects to work well, each with a small % to activate. In practice they never work, and even in theory they are terrible. The chances multiply each other into obscurity.

--------------------

I can't understand how this made it through to a final list for 4 options. Unless it is like a secret campaign to find out which players don't understand basic probability, so GGG can target them with advertising for mystery boxes. :)

"
We noticed you recently voted for "20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding" as an affix for our community designed unique. Unfortunately that didn't make it through, but lucky for you we have a special on our 'Great Deal Mystery Boxes'! 0.50% off! This is a special offer just for people who voted this particular option. Don't miss out, buy them today!
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 26, 2016, 10:10:48 PM
"
IdolenPOE wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST WILSON,

WHY ARE WE VOTING FOR onslaught ??!?!?!

we have a damn FLASK for that shit LOL..

There is better options, use brains please..

You're joking right?

Do you not see the value in an extra flask slot?

Please be trolling, otherwise you may be the one that needs to use said brains.
"
lif44 wrote:
"
IdolenPOE wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST WILSON,

WHY ARE WE VOTING FOR onslaught ??!?!?!

we have a damn FLASK for that shit LOL..

There is better options, use brains please..

You're joking right?

Do you not see the value in an extra flask slot?

Please be trolling, otherwise you may be the one that needs to use said brains.

+1
I prefer the option of blind on bleed... For one, it will help getting a little back on the Bleed option of the game.... Not as use as chaos. Two, it help other type of play and not just duelist, but it is not as powerful as perma Onslauth.
Double the number of Frenzy is too strong, but increased duration will be nice option.
I think that getting fortify on melee stun is probably 100% uptime (while fighting trash) with most melee builds. It further make the game "use 1 skill and clear" meta IMHO.
I think that getting fortify on melee stun is probably 100% uptime (while fighting trash) with most melee builds. It further make the game "use 1 skill and clear" meta IMHO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info