New Microtransaction Skins!

They don't fit the art style of the game at all in my opinion, I don't like them :/ I hope I won't see them too often...
Last edited by Dolmax1 on Jun 24, 2016, 7:06:49 AM
"
mruuh wrote:
"
Michael_S wrote:
"
Eshu wrote:
I don't want to be a jerk but... Was the creative team drunk or something? These are hideous....(especially ridiculous to put such a price tag on such ugly things. Really whoever buys them even for the third of this price has more money than taste)

Glass-Half-Full perspective:
High price means we won't see too much of these MTXs.

...until first sale on them. Then the towns will be full of dum-dums wearing these. All it now needs is a humorously oversized sword.

I want my private town instances, or a "Don't show other players' MTX" checkbox, GGG!

"This is a sword.
This is a paddle."
;-D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rEm5H_CLw
Last edited by Voivode_02 on Jun 24, 2016, 7:23:29 AM
POE has an art style. MTX's that don't fit the art style should not be added to the game.
Hmm, a fairly staple fare for eastern MMOS, an oversized... something, a gundam helm, a huge shield with more body parts than an average mammal has and a ceremonial dagger with plenty of spikes.

Good job, not sure how well it will sell here but it's probably a big hit over there.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 24, 2016, 11:26:07 AM
"
emil9513 wrote:
Wow GGG you guys have really lost your edge... its not gritty and cool anymore, just like any other mmo gear/weapon.

Sadly I agree. The style of these new skins doesn't seem to fit with the art-style of the game. Maybe even worse than that, there is a big contrast between these skins and the game ... I hope that the art direction of the game continues to grow but within a consistent vision for the whole game, otherwise it would start to look like a mess.
EEeewwww

It's sad those made it into the game.
"
davinci663 wrote:
"
BaggerX wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:
You guys could probably benefit from relaxing with the skins and fixing the game/server stability. This is getting laughable.

Right, because the guys that create the skins are totally the same guys that work on the servers and code.

Some of you guys could probably benefit from thinking before you post. This is getting laughable.

They are not the same guys but ggg paying them in same currency, so why wont they pay x exalts to stability ones rather than mtx ones?

Also nearly manga-style weapons, 1handed axe is size of 2handed.
Dark style will be erased like cosmetic-only paid features were when stash tabs trading came.

TLDR:Doomday coming

Throwing more bodies at a coding problem is generally not going to help. These are not easy problems to solve. Thanks for the clueless manager insight though!

*Snipped one of the quotes due to quote limit.
"
emil9513 wrote:
Wow GGG you guys have really lost your edge... its not gritty and cool anymore, just like any other mmo gear/weapon.

+1

What have the creative team drunken? Doesen't fit to the style of POE at all... Really disappointing. If this is the start of a new 'design wave' for future MTX's I have to say you guys lost your touch with the dark design of POE. Really sad.
I am sure that there are people who like this kind of Art ('cause they've seen it in Anime or other MMORPG's).
Myself, I don't like it. But I'm fine with it as long as there are people that will enjoy it (Tastes differ,you know?).

But:
The Shield glitches right into the shadows arm. And he doesn't even wear any Body Armour! What will happen with bigger Armours (such as Kaom's or MTX Effects?).
Over the years I've noticed a lot of Graphics and MTX Effects which are clipping into other graphics. Especially Shields and Body Armours (this goes for both, standard 3D Art, and MTX Art).

Please GGG:
- Re-Work the positions of Shields on your Characters (Most Shield-Clipping could be easily handled by just add a little bit of Off-Set, or with a little bit more needed overwork: Rework each shield seperadly by making it larger/smaller).

Speaking of MTX Effects, Did you realised that the 'Exiles' Back Attachment isn't visible?! Even without Body Armours it clipps right into the characters (Witch = horrible!). Please make it 2times bigger.

And please re-arrange the sizes of both, the Badge of Mirth and the Badge of Anguish. They should be at least as big as a greek Phalanx Shield.

I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Last edited by Mr_Dude on Jun 24, 2016, 10:38:59 AM
i think i changed my mind regarding the new mtx being the worst additions behind razer footsteps, golden wings+armor and items with little lighted skulls on them:

i don't like the shield either.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info