[2.3] Flicker Strike Build - Slayer Duelist

"
apolliscr wrote:
hi , how your fliker strike hit so many times and so fast , ? atteck speed or fenzy chqrge ?

It's frenzy charges :D

Thats what stopped me from doing this build since I just started to play and dont have any items for frenzy charges.
Your flicker is attaking all monsters in the screen but my flicker is just attacking 3-4 monsters. Where do you provide it ? Passive skills or gems ?
Frenzy charges are key to this build, if you are having trouble which sustaining frenzy charges due to lack of gear or low level i suggest run bloodrage and then Poachers Mark linked with blasphemy Support (turn off hearld of Ashe cause your mana pool will not have 3 Auras
Why do i only have 30% crit on flicker even though I have the same gear and links (not a six link) and same passive tree, this forces me to use blood rage. My crit multi is over 500% but im still not critting consistently to keep my frenzy charges up.
Last edited by Daddykyroo on Jan 19, 2017, 12:06:54 AM
I just recently started playing PoE and ran with this build.

Currently on merciless act3 and really struggling with surviveability up to the point of no progress because of the 10% penalty for dying.

got 11% cold res and fire/lightning at 50%+.
2k hp
400 energy shield

all the recommended uniques EXCEPT the chestpiece. but i dont feel like that would change things drastically.

any ideas or advices on what to look out for?
I've been tweaking the build a bit and have it running decently without the curse on hit although it requires A LOT of chromes. I also feel like for the people saying this build is a bit too complicated for newer players I'd like to make the following suggestions.

On helmet (or any 4L setup you have free)
BBBR
- Blasphemy
- Enlighten (Level 1 or 2 the level 2 just allows you to be safer with mana)
- Warlords Mark
- Assassin's Mark

This automates the frenzy charge on hit and also builds endurance for Immortal Call. If you're still experiencing problems try running blood rage.

Instead of Blade vortex I'm running a cyclone set up which tends to help the build survive because the dps for single target is consistently higher without relying on frenzy charges completely.

Also I dropped Vaal pact because Endless hunger instantly applied just causes you to gain all the life at once instead of having a constant regen which is the more important survivability part of the node in my opinion.

Also on the tree to the left of the 2 handed weapon nodes there is a life leech tree (Hematophagy Node) that will help with the sort of "In the fray" moments during large density maps.

For the people saying the survival is low in merciless content and above. Resistances should be 75% (Minus maybe Chaos) before you get to A3+ simply because in breach league theres so much elemental damage flying around that if it isn't capped you're going to get imploded instantly if one of them is low.

Not knocking the build im loving it! Just a few suggestions :)
"
ABVArikado87 wrote:
I've been tweaking the build a bit and have it running decently without the curse on hit although it requires A LOT of chromes. I also feel like for the people saying this build is a bit too complicated for newer players I'd like to make the following suggestions.

BBBR
- Blasphemy
- Warlords Mark
- Assassin's Mark

This automates the frenzy charge on hit and also builds endurance for Immortal Call. If you're still experiencing problems try running blood rage.

Instead of Blade vortex I'm running a cyclone set up which tends to help the build survive because the dps for single target is consistently higher without relying on frenzy charges completely.

Also I dropped Vaal pact because Endless hunger instantly applied just causes you to gain all the life at once instead of having a constant regen which is the more important survivability part of the node in my opinion.

Also on the tree to the left of the 2 handed weapon nodes there is a life leech tree (Hematophagy Node) that will help with the sort of "In the fray" moments during large density maps.

For the people saying the survival is low in merciless content and above. Resistances should be 75% (Minus maybe Chaos) before you get to A3+ simply because in breach league theres so much elemental damage flying around that if it isn't capped you're going to get imploded instantly if one of them is low.

Sounds interesting what you did with the warlords mark and assassins mark, but how do you manage this with the herald of ash and hatred gems?? Dont they take up way to much mana already to have two more aura's on ?
no response from the maker?
shitty outside link with ads?
fuck off
Hello,

I am currently following this build and i must say it was pretty fun until act 3 merciless.
This youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9OopvPTOY shows the 2.6 version which i am following atm.

I have bought all the recommend unique items the video described. The only armor piece that is not in the video are the gloves, As gloves i have 393 armor, 64 life, +195 to accuracy rating and some res.

I am level 82 and my resistances are capped at 75% but chaos is -60%. i have 3610 life (which many people say that is way to less) and i have 2547 armor and 2535 evasion. To compensate the chaos damage i have Atziri's Promise as flask.

My crit chance is 32.35% and my crit multiplier is 442%.

If i run tier 8+ maps or i am fighting rare mobs or bosses, i spamming flicker strike more than i kill which leads to assassin's mark and terminus est not refunding the mana i spent. Thus eventually i get out of mana and my characters stops. Also i have the idea that 32.35% crit chance is not high enough to give frenzy charges via terminus est.

Today i went for the 3rd ascendancy and even the 2nd boss oneshoted me even before i could use a flask. I think he landed a crit on me or something like that. I have died so many times by getting oneshot

After all this information i would like that somebody could help me what i am doing wrong. The build is fun. The only thing that is not really clear to me is that how this build will work in tier 11+.
"
Levisaxos wrote:
"
ABVArikado87 wrote:

BBBR
- Blasphemy
- Warlords Mark
- Assassin's Mark

Sounds interesting what you did with the warlords mark and assassins mark, but how do you manage this with the herald of ash and hatred gems?? Dont they take up way to much mana already to have two more aura's on ?

If you're talking about running this on Legacy I'm using a different set up, the current set up can be found under my profile for the character "DumDumFlicker" it uses Hatred instead of either of the heralds. I used a different guide for Flicker if you'd like to I can PM it to you. I just think it would be in bad taste if I linked someone else's guide in this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info