Survey - Music

My favorites:
1. Lioneye's Watch
2. Forest Encampment
3. Izaro's Labyrinth Exterior
4. Dried Lake
5. Belly of the Beast

Runner-up: Twilight Strand

I don't really think there's any track that annoys me or doesn't fit into the game. Not a huge fan of Act 3 OST though.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
1.Dried Lake (reminds me of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's work)

2.Kaom's Dream

3.Whakawairua Tuahu

4.The music before Brutus

5.Solaris

Act 3 is kinda meh as a whole
best:
1: lioneyes watch
2: main menu theme
3: labyrinth exterior
4: dominus ascendant theme
5: dried lake

Hard to make a list of worst, because I hardly ever really listen to them anyway, and not because they are bad, but because I've long since turned off the music in the game to listen to my own stuff. Lioneyes watch and the menu theme occasionally make me turn music back on, to listen to them, though.
It's been like 3 years i use to listen Kamil's songs as my playlist when i go to the university. It really depends on the context to say "My best ost is this one and the worst is this one".

A few things comes to my mind when i have to make a shortlist, a podium:

Spoiler
- the moments when i could just go deep into the ost, listen to the beat, the general feeling of the ost, when i'm just kinda part of the song. This feeling comes only for a few ost like Act 4 ones, and only boss fight with Daresso (other boss fights are really good but the songs don't make me feel the same, there's a real lore but no real shiver like when you hear the Maraketh moaning song in Highgate)

-the atmosphere of the content, the lore, the monsters in the zone. Dired Lake, Belly of The Beast, even City of Sarn and The Coast are crazy to fit with the background, the storyline.

-finally the moment you discover the song, alongside your fist plays of some areas like Acton's nightmare, Daresso's arenas or The Pale Council. The rapid beat, the hard gameplay fits with the ost

Here's my best ones:
- Highgate (cause of the general background, the felt desperation)

- City of Sarn (cause the song is crazy about the shift between the pyramid and the tough hard sunlight, the revelation when you see deads and rubbles everywhere)

- Lioneye's Watch/Twilight Strand (beacause it's the song that makes shiver !! DAMN THAT'S THE FIRST REAL SONG I HEARD IN A WHILE. I mean it's the one you remember when you first take a look into Path of Exile, when you learn how to survive, what skillpoints to take,etc.)

- Belly of the Beast (cause of the creepy feeling, the creatures found in nightmares, the neverending Piety death, and the feeling we're chewed for eternity by the biggest ever demon imagined)

-Sceptre of God (cause GOD DAMN IT ! You feel crazy small when you enter this Babylon tower, even when you already killed Dominus like a thousand times. The drumbeat, the violins or cello i dunno empowers you with a willing to fight to and go to the infinity and beyond, to climb further and further and touch God ! And the guitar even enhances this. And then comes the part when you feel like there's only your heatbeat after min 4' cause you know it's God that's awaiting you at the top...)

I could tell so much more about the songs. I mean it's so damn hard to give a podium. Even saying that some songs are bad is stupid cause they are not. All of the songs are really good, the only fact is that the "worst" ost is that we do not listen to them anymore for pleasure or to feel the lore and background of Wraeclast. By the way i'll try to say the "do not fit really well with the atmosphere" ones (much better paraphrase meh ?):

Here's my "worste" ones:
-Submerged Passage (why do we feel like it's our first step into a boss fight ? The piano in the begining is creepy and weird and it's great, the same for the drums, etc. But where's the discovery feeling like on the ledge or Mud flats ?)

- The Ship Graveyard (i know it's some kind of ghost town, it fits well with with Merveil, her power but not her curse and "agony if i can say it. We only feel like we're travelling ghost town, we do not feel her pain, only the dialogs with NPC's and the lore in the Caverns show the descent into hell for Daresso and Merveil, and ofcourse the aftermathes in Act 1. We also need more creepy song in here cause IT'S THE FIRST TIME WE SEE HER UNNATURAL BROOD, WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE WE'RE THE DINNER, OVERWHELMED BY CREEPY BABIES AND NURSES JUST LIKE IN ACTON'S NIGHTMARE OR OLD HORROR MOVIES THE SHINING KUBRICK OR EVEN NEW ONES LIKE THE CONJURING OR MAMA OST)

-Sarn Arena (Andrew Reid made one of the best song in the game a long time ago with Acton's Nightmare, but this song is kinda strange. It doesn't fit with a "free for all brawl" arena. That's it. Remake it please)
________________________________________________________________________________

And finally, Ulf Söderberg made a crazy intro for the awakening, vene if it's too short for an area theme we love those themes ! Same for Kamil with Ascendency Trailer. We want more of this epic musics !

Doot
Last edited by TightenedBlood on Jul 17, 2016, 7:14:13 AM
best:

Sacrifice of the Vaal Trailer
Chamber of Sins
Vaal Oversoul Theme
Solaris Temple
Piety Theme
absolutely everything in act 4 and onwards (The Belly of the Beast is my favourite)

worst:

Merveil Theme
The Sarn Encampment
Dominus, High Templar Theme

świetna robota! Pamiętam jak przechodziłem act 4 pierwszy raz, to miałem ciary non stop :D
Powodzenia!
Last edited by nieufny_kioskarz on Jul 17, 2016, 4:19:20 PM
1.Dominus Ascendant .( Sadly no one ever hears this masterpiece cause Dominus dies too fast.)
2.Acton's nightmare .
3.Dominus High Templar .
4.Belly of the beast.(Not because i like the music but because i love the atmosphere the music adds to the area feels very fitting to me.)
5.Vaal Oversoul theme .

Not OST :D
6.Path of Exile - Dominus, The High Templar Theme (aTension Remix)
IGN WitchesOPnow
Belly of the Beast. all the atmosphere man. masterpiece
BEST 5
The Mines
Marketplace
The Forest
Church Dungeon [Crypt reworked music]
The Belly Of The Beast

WORST 5
Izaro theme
Heart Of Corruption
Highgate (only the first half is bad tho)

Actually I like all the others
My faovrites

1. Solaris's Temple - by a very lager margin. This song was the last nail in the coffin in hooking me into PoE. The uniqueness of it and the vibes, plus the visual atmosphere of Solaris is something unique, and I hadn't seen something so unique in a game for a veeeeery long time. Actually inspired me to play table top RPG afterwards with my group and "pay tribute" to the setting (a.k.a. totally copy it, with the soundtrack playing in the background).

2. Atziri's Influence - also very unique and mood-setting. Best fit ost<->expansion to date.

3. Acton's Nightmare - this "evil lullaby" always gives me the chills.

4. Path of Exile - just listening to it makes me feel on a trip to the unknown.

5. Lioneye's Watch - very unique. This is for me the sound of GGG saying "welcome to PoE. Have fun."

I can't pinpoint the worst 5, but anything that is not really unique or mood-setting could be here. I feel they usually happen more or less mid-act, in all acts.
My top5 is:

sarn encampment
main menu theme
lioneye's watch
highgate
hall of grandmasters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info