Survey - Music

Favs:
1. Lioneye's watch
2. Brutus
3. Piety
4. Belly of the beast
5. The Prison
The Path of Exile soundtrack is more atmospheric than anything, and few tracks really stand out.

Here are a few tracks I enjoyed, though:

- Heart of Corruption
- the Ascendancy trailer/Solaris Mystery Box
- Tormented Temptress
Favorites:

1. Labyrinth
2. Dried Lake
3. Aqueduct
4. Daressos Dream Part 2
5. The Coast (Haku Hideout)
IGN: AssaScion
My top 5 best (best to worst)

1. Forest
2. Vaal Oversoul
3. Dominus, High Templar
4. The Grand Arena
5. Vaal Ruins

Honorable mention Acton's Nightmare. I was once listening some PoE music, while slowly falling asleep. Then that track starts playing and I jumped on my bed and couldn't sleep for a hour.

But how about the worst and why (not in particular order).

1. The Imperial Gardens
I find this song bit comical for my tastes.

2. Tormented Tepmtress
It doesn't fit and comical sounding.

3. Sarn Arena
Oh boy, PvP pisses me off more because of this song.

4. The Warden's Quaters
It sure fits to situation and it's disturbing, but I don't feel it.

5. The Cave
Ambient, but this doesn't even have memorable parts.
Best:

1. Brutus theme
2. old Church Dungeon / Crypt theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_VOpf9gwm8)
3. Solaris Temple
4. Dried Lake
5. The Belly of the Beast

I could listen to those in background for hours. Izaro's labyrinth is another great one, too bad i mute my music when grinding lab to stay focused.

Worst:
1. Sarn Encampment
2. The Ledge
3. The Docks

I hate those three only because i had to spend a lot of time in these 3 areas couple years ago, and the accompanying tracks become tiring real quick imo. Otherwise they're fine.
HC: fastpst / pstfast
Invasion: pstblast
Ambush: pstflick
1. The Crypt

I can't stress enough how much I like this track. It's only about 2 minutes long but I once listened to it continuously for over six hours and I still couldn't get enough of it. Too bad this track - to my knowledge - has been removed from both The Catacombs and The Crypt. I need this track back!

2. The Dried Lake

Another favorite of mine. To me, it has a sad quality to it which I really like. This track singlehandedly makes farming The Dried Lake so much more tolerable. Love it.

3. Main Menu

What can I say? This was the first track I heard all those years ago and I still remember my first steps in Wraeclast soon after. It's a nostalgic track for me.

4. The Warden's Quarters

Not really my cup of tea, but I think this track suits the run-up to Brutus very well.

5. Lioneye's Watch

Okay, apparently I'm a sucker for nostalgia. So many good memories of the game when hearing this track.

I really like the music in PoE on a whole. The music isn't 'in your face' but sits nicely in the background. In my experience, most ambientesque music lacks identity - most of the time it's just there. Not in PoE though, I think most music in PoE has a very nice vibe to it which suits the areas we traverse very nicely. Personally, I think the music in PoE is one of the most underappreciated aspects of the game.

Sorry that I can't go more in depth why I like some of the tracks. I'm not a producer myself and my general taste in music lies somewhere else. Hope you appreciate my feedback, though.
Your music is awesome and dream inspiring, the number of real quality tracks are increasing with every new OST. My favorite 5, although VERY hard to pick:

Aqueduct
Grandmasters Theme
Sceptre of God
Izaro Theme
Labyrinth Interior

Ive never explicitly NOT liked a track, but its noticable to me that the newer acts (including labyrinth) have very distinct and memorable themes for each area, while especially in Act 1 and 2 its mostly just soft background noise, not bad per se, but as music it is entirely forgettable.
5 best:

1. Labyrinth Exterior

2. The Grand Arena

3. Forest Encampment

4. Labyrinth Interior

5. Belly of the Beast

Honorable mentions to Tora's and Haku's hideout music, Izaro fight theme, Lioneye's Watch and Apex of Sacrifice.

5 worst:

1. Warden's Quarters (and Dungeon + Torture Chamber map)

2. Chamber of Sins

3. Docks

4. Dominus theme (that one which plays on Villa map)

5. The Ledge
Hi Kamil, here's my top 5 in no particular order
Warder's Quarters: I love the oppressive feel this piece has.
Warehouses: I love how it starts as ambience and becomes a full piece after. But it does feel like it's missing its latter half.
Dominus, Ascendant Theme: The wall of sound -style really makes this stand out.
Heart Of Corruption: I really like boss themes.
Highgate Encampment: I think this is the piece that players will remember in the future and feel nostalgic.

And the bottom 2
Piety Theme: Generally a good piece but it really doesn't fit the fight.
Dried Lake: After Aqueduct and Highgate you get this.

As general feedback, hideouts and mapping need a complete music revamp.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
1. Lioneye's Watch

2. Solaris Temple

3. Izaro Theme

4. Awakening - music from trailer

5. Acton's Nightmare

Not really much comment
Dayman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info