HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

I picked up a new helm. got super lucky with a crafted Hubris circlet that had +cyclone attack speed for 30c. That made a world of difference! my sustainability and damage went through the roof! Walked through a T12 map like it was nothing... like I should be doing. I also swapped out the Iron will for Added Fire. I think I left it in there for an ele reflect map I did recently.

The granite flask I had equipped because I was giving uber labs another go, and traps give me such a hard time without the armor. I considered alting a shield to get through tough traps. Would be an easy X swap, but I will need to pick up another set of gems for that idea. Sorry, I just suck at traps.

I'll consider looking into a good Basalt with added duration, if it will help me get through traps. Otherwise, I don't think I need it anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to look over my build. Really helped!
Some math on Basalt vs Granite:

With Granite our build gets around 5800 armor, while the flask its active our hiltless would reflect only 12 per hit instead of 100 per hit

Meanwhile if you are running with fortify, 7-8k life and there is an incoming oneshot it would only cover 7-5% of the hit while a basalt is covering 20% of the hit there, without fortify basalt is even better

Basalt is more than double at 7k to quadruple at 8k as effective for oneshots, but also only mitigates 20% of our hiltess reflected damage meaning Of our 100 reflected damage per hit, Basalt only negates 20(+16 if fortify) of reflected damage instead of 86(+2 if fortify) that Granite would

When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jan 6, 2017, 9:54:35 AM
Could this build be done with a chest like this? I know my dmg and aoe will be lover but i can get more dps on rings/amulet since i will easily cap ress. I managed to craft this today with only 1 essence and would really like to use it. How hard will it suffer not having carcass jack?

What is your thoughts on blade vortex instead of glacial cascade or ethereal knives? This damage would carry from pack to pack, and do more hits because of it? ramping up single target significantly i would say, but still making the character to try it...
Life will be technically better Soon TM
"
tona91 wrote:
Could this build be done with a chest like this? I know my dmg and aoe will be lover but i can get more dps on rings/amulet since i will easily cap ress. I managed to craft this today with only 1 essence and would really like to use it. How hard will it suffer not having carcass jack?

Build aims to run 0 armor that chest is detrimental, your cwdt would barely proc.

"
waskely wrote:
What is your thoughts on blade vortex instead of glacial cascade or ethereal knives? This damage would carry from pack to pack, and do more hits because of it? ramping up single target significantly i would say, but still making the character to try it...

VB wont do much, you can only sustain 3 to 5 blades and damage is irelevant, it only makes cwdt deal more overkill dmg once it procs.
Thx for the response , i was not that familiar with the build mechanics.
Last edited by tona91 on Jan 7, 2017, 9:59:13 AM
Build is great!!
I make my char to 86. Done uber, breach lord and some t10 map. Will keep playing it
I made some change to suit myself. Thinking of having 2 curse setup: warlord and poacher because with scold my hp drain like crazy when the monster are not hitting me.

"
godangopro wrote:
Build is great!!
I make my char to 86. Done uber, breach lord and some t10 map. Will keep playing it
I made some change to suit myself. Thinking of having 2 curse setup: warlord and poacher because with scold my hp drain like crazy when the monster are not hitting me.

wow i really like what you did of having leap slam on sword with 4l & 2l, Leap gets free bm and u can have another 4L cwdt settup, pretty clever.

For new league starts ill use that strat, pretty usefull until you get 6L Hiltless
hi john, thx for the fun build. im newbie, im not sure how the machanic works. have a couple of question,
1.noticed that ur skill treee took some physical damage points, eg:force shaper.is it a must?
and hatred can i substitute with elemental weakness? thought our main damage come from the cwdt spells?

2.do u think its good to take the elemental overload ?

3.poacher is necessary as well?

thx
"
glidercheng wrote:
hi john, thx for the fun build. im newbie, im not sure how the machanic works. have a couple of question,
1.noticed that ur skill treee took some physical damage points, eg:force shaper.is it a must?
and hatred can i substitute with elemental weakness? thought our main damage come from the cwdt spells?

2.do u think its good to take the elemental overload ?

3.poacher is necessary as well?

thx

Force shaper is dps for cyclone, bladefal, ethereal knives and a bit for glacial cascade, phys damage in general helps with attack as well for spells on this build.

i dont know if i understand correctly your question but you can drop hatred for ele weakness only if you get a +1 curse amulet, poacher's mark is a must for this build everything it gives its needed.

ATM Elemental overload needs too many points, you would need to sacrifice too much for it imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info